Casella Family Brands
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Casella Family Brands Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
Its a great place to work,
The people are great to work with,

Management is easy to speak to regarding any queries or concerns

Fair negotiations, job satisfaction,
I would recommend working at Casella due to the level of professionalism and efficiency. A supervisor was always on site, the equipment was in good condition and the workplace environment was respectful and friendly.
I applied for position in november and had to do interview which was in Griffith, so back and forth 700km to do all the physical tests, drug tests etc, then i had to wait 3 months, plan everything, get a place to live in Griffith, and after week of training and week of work, total 2 weeks, also got calls constantly for cancelled work days, eventually they decided to fire me and my travel companion on site withut any notice, and it came as a shock, just after 4 hours of work, got asked to the office and asked to give back the stuff, not even a reason was told. Same happened to people from the other shifts, and there goes all the planning, and funny how they promised to keep us there until we get farm days done ATLEAST, but turns out they have 0 respect for workers, especially backpackers, who come from the other side of the world just to work for this company. Training was under standards for such big company. VERY DISAPPOINTED.
Great location. Great job. Appalling middle management. Autocratic. No people management skills. No recognition of experience and skills. Could not recommend
Good job but I try looking for more experience also I learn about speaking in english and others also I got and learn about culture my friend job mate and I got that.....nice
It's always same thing every day, just loading looking after machines but yeah. A great family company always willing to give back to employees and comunities. free wine box every month.
great place to work and be part of a team.
there's a real family feel to the company and you end up feeling like family with everyone you work with as well as the way the company treats its employees.
Great company to work for if you want to work, They have alot of fun in the country and very professional, Strong work ethics are needed to gain any future employment.
Pros
Good rate of Pay
Cons
Just a number in a rural town, one week rotation
Casella Family Brands is a company that takes pride in looking after their workers. Not only in health and safety but with their generousity which makes it such a great place to be a part of.
Good working space

Nice bosses

Good pay

Good hours

A lot of opunity
I like the management only since I was casual, after vintage time I only have 2 or 3 days a week and worst was 1 day a week that's why I left.
I worked on depal keeping wine bottle on the line for production. The management are excellent and the co workers fun to be around.The hardest and confrustration was when the depal would smash a full pallet under the machine and you had to clean the broken glass up which roughly around 1300 bottles,the enjoyable part was just doing my work on the forklift,
Pros
excellent money
Cons
No production so had to try to find cleaning for 8 hours
typical day at work was working on the line labeling bottles
i learnt alot about wine n how it is made

i worked in a team

most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team n learniong heaps of new things and meeting new people
forklift driving taking pallets of packed wine off line and putting it in designated areas putting pallets of empty cartons down for operators how to work at a fast and safe pace to keep up keeping count of all finished product
Pros
nil
Cons
air con work place clean envirement
Poor onsite training with no follow up, if anything trainers are handicapped due to no time and money allocated for it.
Pros
Case of Wine Each Month
Cons
No Follow up on training
the job consisted of the logistics of large amounts wine from one tank, to a filter, to another tank with the help of mobile pumps, adjustable hoses and a over head navigating system. Using two way radios to communicate effectively and ensure all the jobs went smoothly. Working with great staff and strong management. The hardest part of the job was going home!
It was good breaks. had awesome holidays hours. hard to get up in the morning but time goes by fast. early finish but it seems that your day is run out quick. need time management if your a family person. i couldn't really fit in the forklift so that had to order a new one.
Pros
very productive business
Cons
over time. people leave you hanging
Very flexible job lot of different jobs to do. Set up Tanks via overheads.Cleaning of Tanks whit chemicals.
Pros
3 bracks
Cons
not much