Cash Converters Employee Reviews

all good
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  QLD6 June 2019
Pros

Different projects and industry clients mean you get a varied experience across the board. Friendly young team who work well and play together! Great work done on culture and diversity.

Cons

Process has not matched the growth of the company.

Advice to Management

Seen as very transitional. To avoid good people leaving early, or using it as a stepping stone, concentrate on implementing solid business processes asap.
Poor Management
Buyers Assistant (Current Employee) –  QLD21 May 2019
Mostly easy work made up of typical daily tasks. Frequent abuse from customers that have no reading or writing skills but are happy to degrade hard working staff. Management is extremely poor in these situations as they are more concerned about running a playground than supporting its staff. "Everyone is replaceable, everyone is just a number" are favourites for the management within this company.
Pros
Leaving work at the end of the day
Cons
Abusive customers, poor management
Management is terabel
Assistant managing (Former Employee) –  Gawler SA28 March 2019
Was bullied by an assistant manager and complained. As a result was made to be the bad person and had tasks and responsibilities taken away. Bullying still continued so I left.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
managment suck
Leader-like teamates working together as one
Sales Consultant and Webshop Manager (Former Employee) –  Cannington WA30 December 2018
All co-workers did their best to make sure every part of the store worked smoothly and made sure to assist each other and new employees. They worked together always. If one area of the store required some extra help someone would quickly go to help without hesitation. This shop was ours. We weren't just working at a manager's store. We were operating ours. The manager made efforts to make sure each of us was doing well and encouraged us to improve whenever he could. He gave us bonuses and little monetary prizes for very good performance and let us have some healthy competition while still looking out for one another.
Pros
Friendly and helpful co-workers, bonuses, prizes and parties
Cons
the ocassional tough customers who might put a co-worker in a bad mood haha
Stressful workplace.
PERSONAL FINANCE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW23 October 2018
Learnt a lot during my time at cash converters but very stressful work place. Management is not the best and a lot of banter. Not very friendly staff or customers.
Pros
Good break times
What a job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Queensland28 September 2018
every day is different. not many career advancements, has a boys club going on. very male-dominated workplace.
very good and detailed training for the current roles
Easy going yet fast paced working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 September 2018
Opening and closing of the store
Fulfilling sales according to targets
Merchandising of the store.
I learned that every customer gets treated equally despite their circumstances.
Management was fair
The workplace culture was light hearted and fun yet focused on results.
The hardest part of my job was perhaps not being able to fulfill a need of a customer entirely based on their circumstances.
The most enjoyable part was selling unique items to people genuinely interested in purchasing them.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
No lunch area space
Enjoyable workplace
Buys and Loans Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarkson WA18 September 2018
Management were very supportive and approachable, training was given when needed.
Staff were generally fun and polite to work with; and always happy to help out in other departments when needed.
Pros
Approachable management
Cons
Minimum wage
Too good to be true
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 August 2018
Huge learning curve in job culture. Learning from multiple employees gave more confusion than correction. Everyone does things differently and mostly incorrect. Allowing customers to sink into debt with concurrent loans and no moral compass to navigate. Very disappointed with the overall atmosphere and expectations.
Pros
Meeting some great people
Cons
Complicated staff
On the move
Chief Operating Officer - Stores (Current Employee) –  Perth WA27 June 2018
Cash Converters is converting to a customer focused business with a high growth focus. New products and a strong strategic plan guides the new team for the future.
Pros
Exciting future plans
Cons
Fast paced, new team
An eye opening experience
Personal Finance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 May 2018
Cash Converters allows you to see a world that you don't get the chance to experience in a mainstream work environment. From the team members to the last customer of the day you leave work with something to remember.
Pros
Interesting people
Cons
No progression
cash converters
Buys and Loans Officer - Cash Converters Werribee (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC24 May 2018
cash converters can be a great place , if its run right but management will disregard the workers ,which can make the place unsafe to work in but with all places there were some fun times
Cons
management don't look after workers
Great fun job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Currimundi QLD8 May 2018
I learnt so much about pawn broking and people from this job. I would have to say I really enjoyed working at Cash Converters. I managed a great team of quick thinking, hardworking people. Sometimes I miss those days.
Average work place.
Assistant Accountant / Accountant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA3 May 2018
Cash Converters is a well known international brand specialising in the sale of second-hand goods and personal finance, with stores in 21 countries and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange.

The head office is located at Perth CBD
Good times
Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA16 February 2018
Good times and good place to work was franchised and this hinder advancement as they were the shop managers, good benefits and ok pay. Salaries werent too good as not too much of a rise and silly conditions via contract
Fun, interesting ever-changing place to work.
SALES ASSISTANT/MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD7 February 2018
At , every day was different. The customers or clients (depending which section you worked that day) were from all warps of life. All were needing different things. And my aim was to make their experience as easy as possible. The stock which we sold was always different. Had to merchandise then sell anything from a diamond ring valued $10 000, to a cricket bat, a power tool to a collectors item.
The part of the job I found most difficult, was sometimes the most rewarding. People in dire need of money, for whatever personal reason they have, and having them leave the store with a little bit to help them was always emotional to myself. This was personally difficult but rewarding. The fellow staff that I worked with also get you through your day. Its a very family orientated workplace which make it easy to come back the next day. It is important to me to have that great staff rapport. I feel its healthy for the work environment.
Pros
seeing first hand what people dont want, one persons' trash could be my next treasure!
Cons
seeing desperate people, hitting rock bottom.
Fun workplace
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Malaga Australia30 November 2017
Very welcoming peers, friendly environment, management was easy going clear and understandable , training was very precise ....
They made me feel secure
Friendly staff
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redcliffe QLD9 October 2017
Help customers, merchandise the store, clean where needed, assessed stock and filled required areas . Friendly staff was a great place to work, was a great time
Pros
management
Cons
became satellite store
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 October 2017
it’s a really fun workplace and all the employers are so nice, funny and friendly. They work well under pressure and when they are dealing with angry or unsatisfied customers
Pros
Friendly employers
I thoroughly enjoy pawnbroking
Team Leader / Sales, Buy & Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fountain Gate VIC20 July 2017
Pawnbroking is fantastic and is something i am proficient in. On any given day I have had the opportunity to meet some amazing people.
I have had the pleasure of helping clients get on with their lives.