Cash Converters

Cash Converters Employee Reviews

Australia86 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Okay

A typical day at Cash Converters was quite stressful. It has challenges especially with whether or not a loan should or shouldn't be granted. Most of the time they were granted because of the generation if income for the company even when you

Worst place ever

Do not work here they dont teach you anything they just want you to give up life to work for them. if a problem happens it is up to you to fix even if you have no idea how to

Probably one of the BEST jobs I’ve ever had, highly recommend anyone to try and see for yourself

The store I work at has a great, positive environment to be in, there’s no drama within staff (it’s always between unruly customers) and everyone helps each other out,

Pros

Staff and working environment

Cons

The typical unruly customers that come

Productive and fun workplace

Was a great experience getting into retail and was a friendly environment. All the staff welcomed me and they made sure i understood all my tasks with ease.

Pros

Great staff

Very stressful

Dealing with customers who are mostly in tight situations, needing money and doing all they car to get it. The buys department is always crazy busy with minimal staff so employees never gets breaks before 2pm, also never got our two 10 min breaks either unless you smoked it seemed. Sometimes it felt morally wrong what we did for people and management are highly strung, hard to get help from and constantly pick on little things to threaten your job with. It was awful. I left there with the worst anxiety I’ve ever had.

Pros

Colleagues in your department understand, Discount, meeting interesting people and seeing some cool stuff

Cons

Communication, push for sales/deals, poor management, stressful

The worst place to work

Management and HR are a JOKE. They do not care about you at all as an employee, you are just expendable regardless of whether you work hard or not. There are no employee incentives and you are treated poorly. You are always expected to drop everything and work up to 7days a week. No work-life balance. In my years at Cash Converters I noticed their dealings were very unprofessional. Do not waste your time and apply here I promise it is not worth it at all. A lot of current employees are trying to find a way out! Don’t put yourself in this position. They are terrible people.

Pros

Cons

Over worked, no time off, bad management and team leaders who take no responsibility and use you as their scapegoats, very toxic workplace

Cashies was my life.. litterally

worked so hard at cashies. Was promoted to management pretty quickly and dropped like a bag of crud quicker. In my 2 and a half years I saw too many people come and go. One even leaving in a police car.

Pros

Cheap video games

Cons

Everything smells like german roaches and the boss is really stupid.

Mean spirited and nasty management who are out for themselves. Poor work ethics from many staff which means the few hard workers have to work harder.

Do not work for this company EVER. You are expected to do unpaid overtime EVERY WEEK. Management will use anyone as a scapegoat for their own incomptencies. Bonuses can be taken away without discussion.

Pros

Cons

Over worked, underpaid and undervalued no matter how hard you work.

Great Workplace, Awesome team members.

New challenges every day. Great if you are a people person & good at customer conflict resolution & also prepared to work with people from diverse backgrounds.

Not somewhere I would work again

You need to be a top seller in all types of items. Work for free to set up fpr the day and work for free to close up as these times are notaking money so they dont see why they should pay you. Mystery Shopper can be on anything even of you know nothing about a product. We cannot all be elctronic snazzy, games, movies, phones, musical instrument and jewelery, if we got a bad peecebt on a mystery shop then we had to write an essay on why we failed and how we wouls do better.

the customers are the worst!!!!!

this has been by far the hardest job I have ever worked, you get minimal training and I have to say the people that you work with are ok but the customers are rude and they constantly try to abuse you and try to cheat you when you deal with them. no room for advancement and management can be helpful at times but it can be a painful experience for some.

Pros

nothing maybe some of the people

Cons

no training, rude customers

A Great Place to Work

Honestly this was one of the best jobs I ever had and I was really sad when I had to leave (due to personal reasons). It was definitely a good work environment and everyone was really friendly. I would love to find a work environment like that again. :)

Cashconverters

Working at cashconverters was a good job temporary, but was really stressful at times overall I enjoyed learning new things while I was there, I definitely gain alot of experience.

It's a job

There's plenty of jobs out there, If you find yourself working for Cash Converters you get out of it what you put in. Corporate are fair and balanced and I always felt like they listened to me.

Pros

Nice co-workers

Cons

Irate Customers

Overworked and underpaid

I was the only employee, so worked all hours shop was open. No RDO. Limited weekends. Pay was award wage. Senior management was unapproachable for time off or to have extra staffing so I could have time off. Working with customers was the best part, having conversations with everyday people. Helping where possible when they were in hardship with loans or buying goods.

Stressful

Busy with many duties. I learned how to assess items for pawning. Most of the fellow workers were good, the turnover of staff is huge. Not the best place for advancement and continuing employment.

It's a retail job, what do you expect?

It pays the legal minimum wage to the cent, unsurprisingly. Management tends to be fairly hands-off and lets you do what works for you in your section, which is good. Customer base can often be very difficult to work with. I've seen a lot of staff get cut when the store's not doing well, though, so job security could be a concern. There's a lot of opportunities to learn merchandising and marketing and most people you work with are friendly enough to make the work day manageable. It's not great, it's not terrible - it's a retail job. I can't speak of the benefit much because I'm a casual and none of them apply to me.

Great company to work with.

The state team is very approachable and are always ready to assist with day to day operation. The culture throughout the stores is great and teams are always prepared to offer advice and assistance to one another.

I have worked my way up through the ranks in several different corporate stores starting in retail, then several years in finance and now as buys manager. The job is fast paced and demanding at time but I enjoy the challenge every day brings.

Pros

The team you work with, career advancement, good pay

Cons

Customers desperate for money

all good

Pros Different projects and industry clients mean you get a varied experience across the board. Friendly young team who work well and play together! Great work done on culture and diversity. Cons Process has not matched the growth of the company. Advice to Management Seen as very transitional. To avoid good people leaving early, or using it as a stepping stone, concentrate on implementing solid business processes asap.

Poor Management

Mostly easy work made up of typical daily tasks. Frequent abuse from customers that have no reading or writing skills but are happy to degrade hard working staff. Management is extremely poor in these situations as they are more concerned about running a playground than supporting its staff. "Everyone is replaceable, everyone is just a number" are favourites for the management within this company.

Pros

Leaving work at the end of the day

Cons

Abusive customers, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cash Converters. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Cash Converters with