Cash Converters
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cash Converters Employee Reviews

A typical day at Cash Converters was quite stressful. It has challenges especially with whether or not a loan should or shouldn't be granted. Most of the time they were granted because of the generation if income for the company even when you
Management and HR are a JOKE. They do not care about you at all as an employee, you are just expendable regardless of whether you work hard or not. There are no employee incentives and you are treated poorly. You are always expected to drop everything and work up to 7days a week. No work-life balance. In my years at Cash Converters I noticed their dealings were very unprofessional. Do not waste your time and apply here I promise it is not worth it at all. A lot of current employees are trying to find a way out! Don’t put yourself in this position. They are terrible people.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, no time off, bad management and team leaders who take no responsibility and use you as their scapegoats, very toxic workplace
worked so hard at cashies. Was promoted to management pretty quickly and dropped like a bag of crud quicker. In my 2 and a half years I saw too many people come and go. One even leaving in a police car.
Pros
Cheap video games
Cons
Everything smells like german roaches and the boss is really stupid.
Do not work for this company EVER. You are expected to do unpaid overtime EVERY WEEK. Management will use anyone as a scapegoat for their own incomptencies. Bonuses can be taken away without discussion.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, underpaid and undervalued no matter how hard you work.
New challenges every day. Great if you are a people person & good at customer conflict resolution & also prepared to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
You need to be a top seller in all types of items. Work for free to set up fpr the day and work for free to close up as these times are notaking money so they dont see why they should pay you. Mystery Shopper can be on anything even of you know nothing about a product. We cannot all be elctronic snazzy, games, movies, phones, musical instrument and jewelery, if we got a bad peecebt on a mystery shop then we had to write an essay on why we failed and how we wouls do better.
this has been by far the hardest job I have ever worked, you get minimal training and I have to say the people that you work with are ok but the customers are rude and they constantly try to abuse you and try to cheat you when you deal with them. no room for advancement and management can be helpful at times but it can be a painful experience for some.
Pros
nothing maybe some of the people
Cons
no training, rude customers
Honestly this was one of the best jobs I ever had and I was really sad when I had to leave (due to personal reasons). It was definitely a good work environment and everyone was really friendly. I would love to find a work environment like that again. :)
Working at cashconverters was a good job temporary, but was really stressful at times overall I enjoyed learning new things while I was there, I definitely gain alot of experience.
There's plenty of jobs out there, If you find yourself working for Cash Converters you get out of it what you put in. Corporate are fair and balanced and I always felt like they listened to me.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Irate Customers
I was the only employee, so worked all hours shop was open. No RDO. Limited weekends. Pay was award wage. Senior management was unapproachable for time off or to have extra staffing so I could have time off. Working with customers was the best part, having conversations with everyday people. Helping where possible when they were in hardship with loans or buying goods.
Busy with many duties. I learned how to assess items for pawning. Most of the fellow workers were good, the turnover of staff is huge. Not the best place for advancement and continuing employment.
It pays the legal minimum wage to the cent, unsurprisingly. Management tends to be fairly hands-off and lets you do what works for you in your section, which is good. Customer base can often be very difficult to work with. I've seen a lot of staff get cut when the store's not doing well, though, so job security could be a concern. There's a lot of opportunities to learn merchandising and marketing and most people you work with are friendly enough to make the work day manageable. It's not great, it's not terrible - it's a retail job. I can't speak of the benefit much because I'm a casual and none of them apply to me.
The state team is very approachable and are always ready to assist with day to day operation. The culture throughout the stores is great and teams are always prepared to offer advice and assistance to one another.
I have worked my way up through the ranks in several different corporate stores starting in retail, then several years in finance and now as buys manager. The job is fast paced and demanding at time but I enjoy the challenge every day brings.
Pros
The team you work with, career advancement, good pay
Cons
Customers desperate for money
Pros Different projects and industry clients mean you get a varied experience across the board. Friendly young team who work well and play together! Great work done on culture and diversity. Cons Process has not matched the growth of the company. Advice to Management Seen as very transitional. To avoid good people leaving early, or using it as a stepping stone, concentrate on implementing solid business processes asap.
Mostly easy work made up of typical daily tasks. Frequent abuse from customers that have no reading or writing skills but are happy to degrade hard working staff. Management is extremely poor in these situations as they are more concerned about running a playground than supporting its staff. "Everyone is replaceable, everyone is just a number" are favourites for the management within this company.
Pros
Leaving work at the end of the day
Cons
Abusive customers, poor management
Never ever work for these users. Taking advantage of poor souls and keeping them in a repetitive financial hole. There are thieves on both sides of the counter. If desperate people get declined for a Cash Converters loan then they are coerced into selling either their new phone or sentimental jewellery. They lose it all. These Cash Converter owner operators are building new houses with beach front views.
Pros
Always a takeaway nearby
Cons
Enter the legal world of Usury.
Was bullied by an assistant manager and complained. As a result was made to be the bad person and had tasks and responsibilities taken away. Bullying still continued so I left.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
managment suck
All co-workers did their best to make sure every part of the store worked smoothly and made sure to assist each other and new employees. They worked together always. If one area of the store required some extra help someone would quickly go to help without hesitation. This shop was ours. We weren't just working at a manager's store. We were operating ours. The manager made efforts to make sure each of us was doing well and encouraged us to improve whenever he could. He gave us bonuses and little monetary prizes for very good performance and let us have some healthy competition while still looking out for one another.
Pros
Friendly and helpful co-workers, bonuses, prizes and parties
Cons
the ocassional tough customers who might put a co-worker in a bad mood haha
Duties include but not limited too, customer service, cash handling, cleaning and maintaining store presentation, Merchandising, processing jewellery includes ticketing, displaying, booking and returning from cleaning and repairs, answering phones and stock replenishment.
Pros
staff
  1. Employee Reviews