Cash Converters
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cash Converters Management reviews

I was the only employee, so worked all hours shop was open. No RDO. Limited weekends. Pay was award wage. Senior management was unapproachable for time off or to have extra staffing so I could have time off. Working with customers was the best part, having conversations with everyday people. Helping where possible when they were in hardship with loans or buying goods.
Dealing with customers who are mostly in tight situations, needing money and doing all they car to get it. The buys department is always crazy busy with minimal staff so employees never gets breaks before 2pm, also never got our two 10 min breaks either unless you smoked it seemed. Sometimes it felt morally wrong what we did for people and management are highly strung, hard to get help from and constantly pick on little things to threaten your job with. It was awful. I left there with the worst anxiety I’ve ever had.
Pros
Colleagues in your department understand, Discount, meeting interesting people and seeing some cool stuff
Cons
Communication, push for sales/deals, poor management, stressful
Management and HR are a JOKE. They do not care about you at all as an employee, you are just expendable regardless of whether you work hard or not. There are no employee incentives and you are treated poorly. You are always expected to drop everything and work up to 7days a week. No work-life balance. In my years at Cash Converters I noticed their dealings were very unprofessional. Do not waste your time and apply here I promise it is not worth it at all. A lot of current employees are trying to find a way out! Don’t put yourself in this position. They are terrible people.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, no time off, bad management and team leaders who take no responsibility and use you as their scapegoats, very toxic workplace
worked so hard at cashies. Was promoted to management pretty quickly and dropped like a bag of crud quicker. In my 2 and a half years I saw too many people come and go. One even leaving in a police car.
Pros
Cheap video games
Cons
Everything smells like german roaches and the boss is really stupid.
Do not work for this company EVER. You are expected to do unpaid overtime EVERY WEEK. Management will use anyone as a scapegoat for their own incomptencies. Bonuses can be taken away without discussion.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, underpaid and undervalued no matter how hard you work.
this has been by far the hardest job I have ever worked, you get minimal training and I have to say the people that you work with are ok but the customers are rude and they constantly try to abuse you and try to cheat you when you deal with them. no room for advancement and management can be helpful at times but it can be a painful experience for some.
Pros
nothing maybe some of the people
Cons
no training, rude customers
It pays the legal minimum wage to the cent, unsurprisingly. Management tends to be fairly hands-off and lets you do what works for you in your section, which is good. Customer base can often be very difficult to work with. I've seen a lot of staff get cut when the store's not doing well, though, so job security could be a concern. There's a lot of opportunities to learn merchandising and marketing and most people you work with are friendly enough to make the work day manageable. It's not great, it's not terrible - it's a retail job. I can't speak of the benefit much because I'm a casual and none of them apply to me.
Pros Different projects and industry clients mean you get a varied experience across the board. Friendly young team who work well and play together! Great work done on culture and diversity. Cons Process has not matched the growth of the company. Advice to Management Seen as very transitional. To avoid good people leaving early, or using it as a stepping stone, concentrate on implementing solid business processes asap.
Mostly easy work made up of typical daily tasks. Frequent abuse from customers that have no reading or writing skills but are happy to degrade hard working staff. Management is extremely poor in these situations as they are more concerned about running a playground than supporting its staff. "Everyone is replaceable, everyone is just a number" are favourites for the management within this company.
Pros
Leaving work at the end of the day
Cons
Abusive customers, poor management
Was bullied by an assistant manager and complained. As a result was made to be the bad person and had tasks and responsibilities taken away. Bullying still continued so I left.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
managment suck
Learnt a lot during my time at cash converters but very stressful work place. Management is not the best and a lot of banter. Not very friendly staff or customers.
Pros
Good break times
Cons
Opening and closing of the store Fulfilling sales according to targets Merchandising of the store. I learned that every customer gets treated equally despite their circumstances. Management was fair The workplace culture was light hearted and fun yet focused on results. The hardest part of my job was perhaps not being able to fulfill a need of a customer entirely based on their circumstances. The most enjoyable part was selling unique items to people genuinely interested in purchasing them.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
No lunch area space
Management were very supportive and approachable, training was given when needed. Staff were generally fun and polite to work with; and always happy to help out in other departments when needed.
Pros
Approachable management
Cons
Minimum wage
Huge learning curve in job culture. Learning from multiple employees gave more confusion than correction. Everyone does things differently and mostly incorrect. Allowing customers to sink into debt with concurrent loans and no moral compass to navigate. Very disappointed with the overall atmosphere and expectations.
Pros
Meeting some great people
Cons
Complicated staff
cash converters can be a great place , if its run right but management will disregard the workers ,which can make the place unsafe to work in but with all places there were some fun times
Cons
management don't look after workers
Very welcoming peers, friendly environment, management was easy going clear and understandable , training was very precise .... They made me feel secure
shutting down for streamlining even when is profitable store. have no empathy for staff just their bottom line. recommend avoiding any employment with this company.
Pros
unstable job
Help customers, merchandise the store, clean where needed, assessed stock and filled required areas . Friendly staff was a great place to work, was a great time
Pros
management
Cons
became satellite store
Horrible culture, bleed you dry management style. They do not care about their employees or customers, just the money. Good as a short term job if needed but that's all.
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting with the customers, working with a fun team. I worked my way up from a team member to a Personal Finance Supervisor.
Pros
team dinners
Cons
Changing Management
The environment that I was in was very multi cultured and a friendly work place. I've greeted customers making them feel welcomed and letting them know that if they needed help they can just ask one of our workers or myself individually. The management was very well organised and neat. The hardest part of the job is looking for a particular object for the customer but we get it done well. I enjoyed communicating with the customers and helping other workers.
Pros
Communicating with new people
Cons
n/a