Cater Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cater Care Employee Reviews

Australia63 reviews
it is a good company to work .relaxed but fast paced environment . people are good at work. fun to work with. pay scale is okay . good enough if you get good hours.
Horrible.
They found out a work colleague was gay and walked her off and threatened the rest of us with our jobs if we said anything. Discracfull company.
Cons
Really poor management lazy and un helpful non team players their response when asked to help "not my job " worst company and manager I have ever worked for.
Horrible company , I was badly injured and after this I received no support or care. Nobody ever called to check or ask about the surgery needed. I was bullied relentlessly by my manager. It’s a year afterwards and I’d never recommend anyone to work there. I feel sorry for the staff. Favouritism, cutting shifts, piling on more and more work . Denying breaks. I was incredibly intimidated.
I have been bullied at work since the day I started over fourteen months ago. I was badly injured at work, while the company provided work cover and payed for rehabilitation, I now find myself being bullied by my operations supervisor as well as other staff members. It is subtle and pervasive and it is undermining my mental health.
Do not work for this company.
Please leave while you still have time.
RUBBISH company to work for

Unprofessional management

No training

Don't pay you correctly

Good workers are too good for a rubbish company like this one.

I don't believe they will last much longer.
fast paced mining site.
well organized

great management

great staff good team ethic

good dongas for living

great menus to cook

clean working environment
Great place to work, supportive hard working team. Great communication and support between staff and higher authority. Can be a fast-paced environment during peak times of day and peak periods. Paid correctly according to specific award.
This was probably the worst job I have ever had in my 20 years as a chef. They expect you to do more hours than you are paid for, and the culture set by management is awful. If you want to be lied to and treated as a number cater care are the company for you
Pros
none come to mind
Cons
too many to mention, working for this company is bad for your health
Being harrassed and bullied by managers are unacceptable bullying in any work by anyone is unacceptable . Can have great co workers to get along with but if it comes down to sticking up for their mates forget it. Which is sad
Has easy days and has bad days. Overall isn’t a bad place to work for especially when you work with very awesome people. That are there always to help and support you and become good mates
Lots of gossip from the senior management and toxic environment. Would not recommend to work here. No opportunity to improve, it's just a job, pay is not great.
Management were a joke , she spent most of her time playing games on her phone and swept complaints under the carpet, allows a bully to get away with things , if you complain about the bully they send you to another site
When I first worked for Cater I dont care,I was cleaning rooms,crib rooms,doing laundry and general camp cleanliness on my own,they always said,"sorry but cant get anyone",the managers can be either deceptive or honest,but I had the last laugh,flying in a plane that was for the head of the gas company by myself haha,.
The next time I worked for them,I found out they dont pay overtime,your tasks went over 10 hours always,it was there culture,rip off.

.they
DONT!
No support

No leadership

No support

They can not retain staff and management

Their work culture is nothing short of deplorable and all they do is constantly cover up their mistakes and bullying and harassment is rife!
Enjoyed the company they looked after us well enjoyed the people and loved the FIFO life. Money was good and we saved a lot of money as well. Got to know alot of other people from the other businesses as well.
I like the environment of workplace, staff are helping each other, good management of company and also providing good information about health and safety of new worker.
Management was terrible and did not support staff. Their slogan of We Care is laughable. The quality of food was terrible. Huge workload and minimal time to do it. Kitchen manager was lazy and palmed iff her work on to me, when she actually turned up for work.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bullying, miss out on family functions because you get told that you aren't doing anything important
I worked with Catercare for 6 years, 4 years longer than I should have, which I now regret.
It was an unprofessional company to work for, with low pay and not much respect for staff. I have been in the hospitality industry since I was 13 (at my parents' hotel in England). I am now 53 years old and what I saw at Catercare was below standards. Fortunately I no longer work there and work with a reputable company.

I would not recommend Catercare as a company to work for.
Pros
Ending a shift and going home
Cons
Disrespect
Work day, night & split shifts.

learned that ever site has a different way of doing thing.

management are unorganized as not booking your accommodations and flights.

I find no workplace Culture.

Dealing with the operations.

Find new was to improve work environment.
Pros
Meals prived & accommodations
Cons
8hrs to 10 hrs
It was a good environment enjoyable safe caring
Loved working there

Cater care was a great company i got to also serve the food to the elderly people and that was also great and enjoyable to get to cook and serve the food as well
Pros
Was able to get food and breaks
Cons
Excellent amount of hours