Cater Care

Cater Care Employee Reviews

Australia75 reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Catercare only problem is management

Good peers to work with. Severely lacking in middle and upper management. Very long waiting time to get issues resolved. Very high turnover of staff. food and accommodation is great.

Pros

Great people are working there. Ability to save money while not at home.

Cons

Poor management

DONT WORK HERE - mentally destabilising

In 26 working years, hands down THE WORST job. Mainly because Management even at Head Office level as well as site level and head CHEFs are GASLIGHTING, intimidating bullies. Be warned. If you try do a good job or stand up for vulnerable people being targeted you will be put through the hardest time of your life or fired. Absolutely shocking work culture and they put so much fear in staff that no one speaks up. THE ONLY WAY THIS STOPS IS IF PEOPLE SPEAK UP.

Don’t apply for a job there

Don’t work for them they don’t care about you as a person you are just a number to them and when you don’t do what they want they make your life hard and treat you like dirt. They have respect for you as a person and certainly don’t care about your well-being

Avoid at all costs

Had the worst experience of my working life (30 years+) with this company. Extremely rude and disrespectful managers, unrealistic work loads and burn em/churn em mentality. Never ever again, there are many other catering companies that support and respect their employees. Always had pay queries that took months to sort out. High staff turnover.

Pros

Fellow work colleagues.

Cons

Disrespectful, rude management.

Melbourne office ok

Shouldn't have worked here considering it was my first job in Australia. I would not recommend a Corporate employee with mid - senior level experience in IT sector to work here . Ok for a recent graduate or as an internship /part time while working on your degree.

Pros

Salary paid on time, learn about food

Cons

Too many.

Increased the salary

They need to increase the salary and they never permote there own staff. Catering assistant want to be cook. At least they give chance there own staff.

Great team to work with

Best thing was people I worked with, past paced in kitchen.Enjoyed working there.Pay wasn't the bestWorked at School enjoyed interaction with kids and staff.

Extremely short-staffed & existing staff are punished for it.

Run. Seriously. Run.Not a day goes by that staff aren't in tearsNo one deserves thr treatment they dish out. At the interview they say all the right things. You think you'll be working for a company that cares about its staff.The reality is very different

Just a number

Cater Care is a contract caterer who maximises profits by asking much more from its people for a minimum wage. Employees are simply being used without respect or consideration for the individual. While business can be conducted respectfully even in a tight margin environment, Cater Care is not one of those organisation that do.

Pros

Frankly, cannot think of anything

Cons

Unreasonable expectations

Worst management

Worst company to work for hopeless management And organisation every step of process very badWould not work here ever again The food is the worst

Caring Company

I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company & would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone and no hesitation myself in returning if I wanted. Cater Care really care about their employees regardless of the situation. Management very easy to get along with and very supportive.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Long Hours, Being away from home

Terrible management, no morrells.

Terrible management, bullies that don't care about staff. Only care about themselves and will step on anyone to benefit. Two faced don't really mean what they say. Tell you one thing but if questioned will lie straight to your face. Would never under any circumstances work for them again.Expect everything done in half the time, and don't care if effects health and wellbeing.

Pros

Going home at end if every day.

Cons

Need to pay bills

Worst company!

I would have to say in my 40 years of employment I have never walked out on a job. I did this one. The standards and management style left a lot to be desired. Any breaches reported were brushed under the carpet as long as they met budget. They hire people with no skill, management experience and expected everyone else to pick up the slack!

Pros

There was nothing positive to say about my experience working at this company.

Cons

Rude management and spoken to like you’re an idiot. Had 5 managers in 8 months!

Not good

Had a manager who did not want to work and higher management which never supported us when ever we were short staffed it was too bad how sad deal with it

Pros

Shift times

Really poor management

Really poor management lazy and un helpful non team players their response when asked to help "not my job " worst company and manager I have ever worked for.

Bullies

Horrible company , I was badly injured and after this I received no support or care. Nobody ever called to check or ask about the surgery needed. I was bullied relentlessly by my manager. It’s a year afterwards and I’d never recommend anyone to work there. I feel sorry for the staff. Favouritism, cutting shifts, piling on more and more work . Denying breaks. I was incredibly intimidated.

Poor communication between staff. Work protocols and job descriptions not written down. Poor work safety culture.

I have been bullied at work since the day I started over fourteen months ago. I was badly injured at work, while the company provided work cover and payed for rehabilitation, I now find myself being bullied by my operations supervisor as well as other staff members. It is subtle and pervasive and it is undermining my mental health. Do not work for this company.

BAD company to work for

Please leave while you still have time. RUBBISH company to work for Unprofessional management No training Don't pay you correctly Good workers are too good for a rubbish company like this one. I don't believe they will last much longer.

productive and great fun work place

fast paced mining site. well organized great management great staff good team ethic good dongas for living great menus to cook clean working environment

Fair

it is a good company to work .relaxed but fast paced environment . people are good at work. fun to work with. pay scale is okay . good enough if you get good hours.

great place to work, supportive hard working team

Great place to work, supportive hard working team. Great communication and support between staff and higher authority. Can be a fast-paced environment during peak times of day and peak periods. Paid correctly according to specific award.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cater Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Cater Care with