Cater Care Employee Reviews

Some sites are equipped with good recreation rooms and some have none - working staff generally quite positive - depends on what site you are at
casual fifo utility (Former Employee) –  Perth WA30 June 2018
Working as a casual utility fifo in WA was good,as got to go to many different places - the staff you work with are all pretty good,and friendly and generally want to work as a team - but management is very under qualified and equiped with knowledge on how to deal with serious issues when it comes to staff harrassement safety and most daily staff handling duties.Also head management were not also good in dealing with serious staff issues.
Pros
Good atmosphere to work in - generally
Cons
management lacks people handling skills
Discrination
Unemployed with disabilities who can work (Former Employee) –  Utilities24 May 2018
What a nasty interview you are Claire shame on you not hiring people because of there disabilities, and yet you hire other people for the job who is less qualified to do the job.
Pros
their is nothing good to say
Cons
Waste of my time
Great people, managment dont really care enough about staff or residents
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 May 2018
rushing around because the people before you didn't finish their jobs properly or didn't prepare for your shift at all, i have learned to multitask and not bother asking to be paid for the hours that i have worked as you will HAVE to go in early to be able to get meals out on time and finish. management's a joke, have had at least 6 different head chefs since i have started there is minimal communications about changes, some people are fun to joke around with butthey will often complain about how the job is hard, but then you see them slacking off or taking unnecessary breaks, giving them less time to do the job, making them complain more
Pros
easy to swap shifts making life easy to plan
Cons
no hours to work due to poor management, they are very sketchy when it comes to your pay, tricky contracts and loop holes present
A pleasant place to work with caring people .
Utilities (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 February 2018
Working at Matilda gold was enjoyable staff were great to work with. My Supervisor was very supportive .I found it to be a great place to work. The temperature is extremely hot however you do get used to it your so busy with your daily job the flys by.
Pros
food in the camp was excellent .
Cons
The heat
Great team to work for
Utility Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  remote Roma19 December 2017
I worked in the kitchen and loved every minute of it. They were a fun team and had a great time working together. the only let down was when the contract finished and we lost our jobs
Pros
We had fun
Cons
leaving my job
Fun and friendly work ethic
Replenishing fridges and cooking (Former Employee) –  Brisbane City QLD19 November 2017
Great work ethic, Fun environment, good colleagues
i learnt a lot about general duties and how to carry them out.
the most enjoyable part was being able to talk like you were sitting at home with friends.
Limited Resources
Maintenance/Bus Driver Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Wiluna WA24 October 2017
12 days of work mostly repeated daily

Extreme hot weather for long periods of the day.

A much needed upgrade of gym equipment would be great.

A new swimming pool.
Consider all of your options prior to commencing work with Cater Care
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 October 2017
Virtually no support or direction. Unrealistic work load. Three people resigned in my first week working there. Constantly sworn at and put down by head chef. When complaints were made about not getting adequate breaks, we were told we had to 'work faster'. I worked a 12 hour shift with no break. When I asked for a break I was told that I did not have enough time to have a break. I don't know how they get away with the way that the treat their employees. They know people are desperate for employment.
Pros
Some nice people to work with
Cons
No breaks
Bad management company
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria28 September 2017
Cater care is the worst company I have ever worked for, no teamwork, no training, no listening, the most important thing is no support from the colleague or management. The top management has no appreciation of the work the employees were done, workplace culture very bad. The company only focus on making money, rather than value their employee.
Fun workplace
Assisting care (Current Employee) –  Westmead NSW15 August 2017
Fun workplace have no issues with work mates. Only work for short hours and I loved working with cater care. Cater care looking after their workers. Work mates are friendly
Cons
Short hours
Great place
Assistant Manager (2IC) (Current Employee) –  Sandfire1 August 2017
great company, needs to win more contracts, and have better job security
it has a great work environment and majority of the people have a great attitude to work.
slave drivers
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 July 2017
work load is ridiculous, no appreciation worst company I have ever worked for.

no support from management, workplace culture was great with my staff until the manager poked there nose in everything.
Pros
going home
Cons
long hours no appreciation
great company loved working for them
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 April 2017
I loved working there with the elderly people great pay and hours would work for them again. Some off the staff were not great but dealt with it the best i could apart from that it was awesome.
Pros
it was a great job.
Cons
some staff were very rude and made trouble for my employer but we got through it, Needed more staff on
Great company to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Australia31 March 2017
This is an Australian company that I worked for before I left Australia and relocated to the UK to work and travel. The 2 weeks on/1 week off roster suited me just fine.
staff were good, upper management werent compaassionate
Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wyoming NSW27 March 2017
all the residents were lovely, loved a good challenge with producing meals in accordance to daily and weekly budgets.
wasn't paid for the overtime as a full time chef that I was promised as well as leave.
productive fun place of work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 January 2017
i would direct staff and i would take part in helping chef with preparation of salads for the salad bar. At Lunch and dinner times I would be first point of call for customers at front count
Pros
working as a team
Cons
people not will to taking direction
Average place to work at
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Ouyen VIC23 October 2016
I was not happy with the management system at Cater Care. very rough and unorganized, lazy and or not much "Care". The salary was great tho for a kitchen hand. They didnt care about duty of care.
Long time away in underdesirable conditions
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD Australia11 July 2016
Cater Care Group was a management company maintaining a remote accommodation facility for +1000 guests. As Food & Beverage manager there was always a variety of issues arising from daily operations that would be seemingly easy to resolve.

However, the bureaucracy of the organisation became fickle and ultimately led to unproductive and inefficient organisation and operational structure.
Pros
Accommodation and meals paid for
Cons
Long hours, poor executive management
Great personal and professional development
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne28 June 2016
Cater Care Group is a leading hospitality and facilities management provider to the Aged Care, Business and Industry, Education, Government and Resources industry. Cater Cares current turnover is in excess of $180 million and the company employs over 3,000 employees across Australia.
Cater Care is a great company for both personal and professional development.
exciting and challenging
Head Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Arcadia Valley QLD8 June 2016
Organizing our kitchens and chefs with our daily menu's production, health and safety, HACCP, ordering, liaising with our clients, replacing our catering managers. Had a fantastic relation with my co workers and clients. Have been satisfied with my daily duties, with many positive feed back.
The only major challenge we had was, that we have been going through 18 catering managers in one year. And had the extra daily workload training with more then the half of them.
Pros
good pay
Cons
18 different catering managers in a year