Cater Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cater Care Employee Reviews

Australia70 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Increased the salary

They need to increase the salary and they never permote there own staff. Catering assistant want to be cook. At least they give chance there own staff.

Great team to work with

Best thing was people I worked with, past paced in kitchen.Enjoyed working there.Pay wasn't the bestWorked at School enjoyed interaction with kids and staff.

Extremely short-staffed & existing staff are punished for it.

Run. Seriously. Run.Not a day goes by that staff aren't in tearsNo one deserves thr treatment they dish out. At the interview they say all the right things. You think you'll be working for a company that cares about its staff.The reality is very different

Just a number

Cater Care is a contract caterer who maximises profits by asking much more from its people for a minimum wage. Employees are simply being used without respect or consideration for the individual. While business can be conducted respectfully even in a tight margin environment, Cater Care is not one of those organisation that do.

Pros

Frankly, cannot think of anything

Cons

Unreasonable expectations

Worst management

Worst company to work for hopeless management And organisation every step of process very badWould not work here ever again The food is the worst

Caring Company

I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company & would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone and no hesitation myself in returning if I wanted. Cater Care really care about their employees regardless of the situation. Management very easy to get along with and very supportive.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Long Hours, Being away from home

Terrible management, no morrells.

Terrible management, bullies that don't care about staff. Only care about themselves and will step on anyone to benefit. Two faced don't really mean what they say. Tell you one thing but if questioned will lie straight to your face. Would never under any circumstances work for them again.Expect everything done in half the time, and don't care if effects health and wellbeing.

Pros

Going home at end if every day.

Cons

Need to pay bills

Worst company!

I would have to say in my 40 years of employment I have never walked out on a job. I did this one. The standards and management style left a lot to be desired. Any breaches reported were brushed under the carpet as long as they met budget. They hire people with no skill, management experience and expected everyone else to pick up the slack!

Pros

There was nothing positive to say about my experience working at this company.

Cons

Rude management and spoken to like you’re an idiot. Had 5 managers in 8 months!

Not good

Had a manager who did not want to work and higher management which never supported us when ever we were short staffed it was too bad how sad deal with it

Pros

Shift times

Really poor management

Really poor management lazy and un helpful non team players their response when asked to help "not my job " worst company and manager I have ever worked for.

Bullies

Horrible company , I was badly injured and after this I received no support or care. Nobody ever called to check or ask about the surgery needed. I was bullied relentlessly by my manager. It’s a year afterwards and I’d never recommend anyone to work there. I feel sorry for the staff. Favouritism, cutting shifts, piling on more and more work . Denying breaks. I was incredibly intimidated.

Poor communication between staff. Work protocols and job descriptions not written down. Poor work safety culture.

I have been bullied at work since the day I started over fourteen months ago. I was badly injured at work, while the company provided work cover and payed for rehabilitation, I now find myself being bullied by my operations supervisor as well as other staff members. It is subtle and pervasive and it is undermining my mental health. Do not work for this company.

BAD company to work for

Please leave while you still have time. RUBBISH company to work for Unprofessional management No training Don't pay you correctly Good workers are too good for a rubbish company like this one. I don't believe they will last much longer.

productive and great fun work place

fast paced mining site. well organized great management great staff good team ethic good dongas for living great menus to cook clean working environment

Fair

it is a good company to work .relaxed but fast paced environment . people are good at work. fun to work with. pay scale is okay . good enough if you get good hours.

great place to work, supportive hard working team

Great place to work, supportive hard working team. Great communication and support between staff and higher authority. Can be a fast-paced environment during peak times of day and peak periods. Paid correctly according to specific award.

Terrible company to work for

This was probably the worst job I have ever had in my 20 years as a chef. They expect you to do more hours than you are paid for, and the culture set by management is awful. If you want to be lied to and treated as a number cater care are the company for you

Pros

none come to mind

Cons

too many to mention, working for this company is bad for your health

Management needs to change

Being harrassed and bullied by managers are unacceptable bullying in any work by anyone is unacceptable . Can have great co workers to get along with but if it comes down to sticking up for their mates forget it. Which is sad

Pays the bills

Has easy days and has bad days. Overall isn’t a bad place to work for especially when you work with very awesome people. That are there always to help and support you and become good mates

Bad management

Lots of gossip from the senior management and toxic environment. Would not recommend to work here. No opportunity to improve, it's just a job, pay is not great.

Management is pathetic

Management were a joke , she spent most of her time playing games on her phone and swept complaints under the carpet, allows a bully to get away with things , if you complain about the bully they send you to another site

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cater Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Cater Care