Catering Industries

22: Catering Industries Employee Reviews

Australia22 reviews

2.5Work–Life Balance

Not the greatest company to work for

Your treated like a casual even though your part time . Constantly expected to do extra shifts snd call ins. No extra benefits. Management is very smack . Not paid enough for everything that needs to be done .

Pros

You get paid

Cons

Very busy shifts

Nice company to work for

Working as a chef manager I had my challenges. Catering Industries helped me to overcome any difficulties sues I had. Happy to work for the company the last two years

They make it a stressful place to work and pay below what the actual place you work pays.

They were under staffed right from the start not trained the owner and management staff of the facility were rude to everyone tired to pay me part-time pay rate when were told we would get casual the place was stressful the worst job I have ever had people were leaving all the time feel sorry for residents.

Overworked and Underpaid

They are breaking the law. Pay cleaning and laundry staff catering wage. Don't pay Aged Care wage. Work a fulltime job and get paid permanent part time.

Pros

Loved the residents

Stressful

Management was rude & demanding of impossible tasks with limited hrs ! Duties to shifts were more & more with no extra time allowed ! Staff are employed with no food handling skills , which lead to very poor food quality & being in Aged Care was quite disappointing & Mangement didn’t seem to care if unsafe work practices were happening ! Worst place I’d ever worked ! I complained about safety issues & then I was subjected being bullied on a regular basis which I finally left ! Stressed & on Anti depressants! Nothing nice to say at all !

Pros

Cons

Always short staffed / then overload on others

un friendly staff, unprofessional

I would not advise anyone to work for them . lazy , rude, I no care attitude to wards work , other staff members. wages are bare minimum, for a big work load .

Don't work here

They expect way too much from their employees. We are very overworked, and very underpaid. I recently resigned from my job due to circumstances out of my control. Worst management ever. I used to like my job. By the time I left, I wasn't happy there.

Pros

I loved my team mates, not management

Cons

Overworked and underpaid

Wage theft

Way below award wage to work very hard in a stressful aged care industry. If you want an aged care job cleaning, kitchen, laundry, then look elsewhere as every other company pays much more per hour. These guys just twenty for all the hard work you will do and all that goes along with working in aged care. It's unfortunately just another example of the capitalisation of the aged care industry. They have found industry award loop holes to justify paying this low.

Pros

Some on site staff are nice

Cons

Low pay, hard work

Don't work here, look for a cafe job instead.

The company is horribly managed and they do not care about their staff. We are underpaid for the monotonous, back-breaking work we do. The workload is overwhelming and not worth it.

Great place to work at

Work with a great group of people who àre good team players the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the residents the hardest part is missing the residents when they die

Work and upskilling

No chance to upskill and the so called chefs are a joke bringing in ready to heat food to serve up instead of preparing onsite which is a cost factor and also a nutrition factor.

Childish and stressful

The most childish mentality I’ve ever worked in. The bosses are unsupportive and unprofessional and lack leadership. They display disrespectful and degrading behavior towards staff and residents

Stressed and blamed for everything that went wrong

Management protects Area Managers and blame everyone else for bad decisions. Not a great culture to work in, cheap and nasty. Always trying to cut budget but still expect great results. Staff are not the best, you have to work with untrained people.

fast paced

the job has good structure and easy to pick up as it is repetitive and continuous. majority of the time there is good team work which ensures the kitchen to run smoothly.

Just a job

Average company to work for nothing to be excited about. The pay was low and no benefits. The managers were not good and not too educated on cooking. Not real chefs.

zero reference

dont work here, bad managment, bullying,harrasment from co workers.. managment do nothing. cant keep a head chef for more than 3 months, chefs keep leaving, all good staff leave or be bullied out.

It was a good job but to far from my house .

It is a good job but was too far away from where I live . Salary is alright but it cost me some money reaching and coming back From my work .Worker's were friendly and i learned a lot from them.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Too far from my house

best 50th Asia Hotel

The shilla hotel was sellected world best 50th Hotel which is under samsung company.. Best Hotel in South Korea more than 200 people of kitchen staff .

Pros

supply all kitchen stuff from company

Cons

all employer full time

Productive and fun travel with the company.

Organise work related information to the company and stock take.Chances of meeting new people and client.Travel different part of Australia such as the Outback and remote locations.

Pros

Fly in -Fly out.

Cons

Remote sites.

Customer service with Fun

I work within a team and unsupervised. Understanding and maintaining Food, Health and Safety Issues. Providing excellent customer service and food and great customer satisfactions.

Loved the working environment and the people.

Ecxellent working environment, fast paced, hours were great.

Pros

Close to home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catering Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Catering Industries with