Catholic Education Commission of Victoria Employee Reviews

Too much interference from those that don't know the field.
Specialist Instrumental Tutor (Former Employee) –  Shorncliffe QLD27 November 2017
Casual rate of pay (even for the unqualified) is excellent at over $60/hr. Facilities are first rate. Specific department is a worry - too many people who are not qualified/experienced in the area of instrumental music teaching or directing bands trying to run the show and they ruin it for everyone else because they don't understand how the program works, so they do not understand (or care) how their decisions impact on the program.
Pros
Great pay, good students, high expectations
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough indians making decisions
Employee (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD9 October 2017
A very rewarding job. There is no other like it.
You get to experience many different things that you wouldn't normally experience in another school environment. Very rich in culture.
Pros
Great people, Great students
Very professional environment and well run school
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 September 2017
A well run, professional and progressive school. Expectations are high, but one benefits from the professional approach to education the school embraces. Overall the school is great.
Lovely staff
Casual Relief Teacher (Former Employee) –  Altona North VIC21 September 2017
Good place to work but same as most schools, too much emphasis placed on administrative tasks rather than allowing teachers greater time to improve their teaching
Pros
Great staff
Organised efficient creative
Technology teacher- robotics- wood- design (Current Employee) –  Altona North VIC7 July 2016
Extremely organised hard working department that educates young men to become decent citizens. This is my role which I take pride in.
As a values based educational environment, subjects although important are often vehicles by which young people develop an understanding of there place in the world. I use all my subjects in this context so as to impart a desire to grow into independent learners to my students.
Pros
ongoing
Cons
conservative
Great community culture.
Music Coordinator/Administration/Educator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 March 2016
Great community culture at this College. Community focused education. Great Staff and team culture with inclusiveness at all levels.
Nice school to work at. Generally well behaved students
French Teacher (Current Employee) –  Junior Campus Ardlie St, Warrnambool 328021 October 2012
nice ,friendly and supportive colleagues. My typical day would start at 8.30 with staff briefing, then Homeroom.
Classes finished at 3.30 but I usually stayed and worked until 7 pm so I did not have to take work home
There usually is aGeneral Staff meeting once a month and another staff meeting for your Domain.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and nice school grounds
Cons
disappointing ways of communicating with staff from management