Catholic Education Commission of Victoria
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Catholic Education Commission of Victoria Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
A typical day involved entering the library, writing out University paperwork and preparing for daily lessons. I learned much about the day to day of teachers, as well as management and relevant workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was introducing myself to many different classes. The most enjoyable part was teaching and assisting students in the classroom.
Pros
Lots of breaks, enjoyable experience and friendly staff
Cons
Lots of paperwork
Casual rate of pay (even for the unqualified) is excellent at over $60/hr. Facilities are first rate. Specific department is a worry - too many people who are not qualified/experienced in the area of instrumental music teaching or directing bands trying to run the show and they ruin it for everyone else because they don't understand how the program works, so they do not understand (or care) how their decisions impact on the program.
Pros
Great pay, good students, high expectations
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough indians making decisions
A very rewarding job. There is no other like it.
You get to experience many different things that you wouldn't normally experience in another school environment. Very rich in culture.
Pros
Great people, Great students
A well run, professional and progressive school. Expectations are high, but one benefits from the professional approach to education the school embraces. Overall the school is great.
Good place to work but same as most schools, too much emphasis placed on administrative tasks rather than allowing teachers greater time to improve their teaching
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Extremely organised hard working department that educates young men to become decent citizens. This is my role which I take pride in.
As a values based educational environment, subjects although important are often vehicles by which young people develop an understanding of there place in the world. I use all my subjects in this context so as to impart a desire to grow into independent learners to my students.
Pros
ongoing
Cons
conservative
Great community culture at this College. Community focused education. Great Staff and team culture with inclusiveness at all levels.
nice ,friendly and supportive colleagues. My typical day would start at 8.30 with staff briefing, then Homeroom.
Classes finished at 3.30 but I usually stayed and worked until 7 pm so I did not have to take work home

There usually is aGeneral Staff meeting once a month and another staff meeting for your Domain.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and nice school grounds
Cons
disappointing ways of communicating with staff from management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Education Commission of Victoria. Our community is ready to answer.
Catholic Education Commission of Victoria Reviews by Job Title