Catholic Education Melbourne
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Catholic Education Melbourne Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
CEM is good place to work which has friendly staff and most of them are co-operative. Decision making and the procurement process are the most challenging holding the growth.
Very relaxed workplace in which you are free to develop as you please and take initiative and make your own decision on what has to be done. Overall a great place to work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Long distance
It was only a 6 month contract and I required part time position. At the time of my renewal there were no part time positions available. Parking was costly in the area.
Interesting place to work. I worked very hard in the organisation fixing things up to have a smoother process and I found it to be a very archaic organisation where some managers were left to run amok and make decisions based on personal rather than professional decisions.
Pros
Leaving early Friday
Cons
CEM for the most part provides a lot of work flexibility, but it must be applied for in October and that’s it and it favours employees with children. The pay is good, but not equal as some team members in your team will be paid more than you and you are equal SME’s. The culture is not great as the organisation is stuck in the 20th century and is not very progressive. Also government funding means there is no job security. Poor management is not managed appropriately, so skilled staff leave.
Pros
Hours, free days off between Christmas and new year
Cons
Forced attendance at mass, poor management, unequal rights
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Catholic Education Melbourne?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Education Melbourne. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8