Catholic Healthcare Limited

Catholic Healthcare Limited Employee Reviews

Australia73 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Na

They prefer their own people over other staff. They will cut your shifts without your knowledge and give it to the people they know even if they are new. And you can’t argue or your shifts will be deducted.

Overall gives an individual a chance to have broaden knowledge on past -faced working environment yet can managed a state of Life- work balanced.

In catholic healthcare, I must consider as one of the culturally diverse companies across Australia. Yes, I do enjoy while working at the same prioritising personal goals and plans and performing one's duties and responsibilities as AIN. Management have always been supportive in the needs and improvement of the staff. It was a great experience to

good people

Mostly good co workers, RNs and on occasion good supervisors. Doing your job well is mostly all you need

Best Place to Work, Supportive Management

I enjoyed working in Catholic Health Care.I never feel stress, I priortise my work for the day and follow the routing accordingly.Management is very supportive.My manager has motivated me a lot.

Good workplace with career progression

Very good company to work for A leading company in aged care and has a very good work environment and culture being a not for profit organisation.I would recommend this company to everyone!

Productive and fun

My work colleagues are fun to work with. New experience and meet new friends along the way.e-learning are fun and it is one way to add new ideas and to learn new ways

Pros

Additional knowledge

Cons

Not much hours

Happy to be doing a job that I love

What makes CHL different from others is the level of support to staff. Everyone that I met when I first joined made sure that I am set up to succeed in my role. This made a huge difference when I first started as I felt that there were a lot of supportive staff and managers wanting to contribute to the organisation’s mission and vision.

Pros

Learning opportunities

Catholic health care has given me the opportunity to improve the health outcomes of our elderly residents lives.

Best place to work, with good teams to make difference in elderly resident's life. It has got dedicated team members providing compassionate care to older Australians. Beautiful place to work.

Our mission is Care Runs Deep

There is a genuine spirit of care towards our clients and amongst each other and a dedication to our mission of 'Care runs Deep'.Everyone I work with, works as a whole team ensuring our mission and commitment to excellence is a constant. Whatever role is held in Catholic Healthcare we are all provided with ongoing learning and education which is encouraged and supported, everyone is kept up to date and compliant in their role within the organisation. For me, everyday is a new day - brought with a new challenge but always ends with a rewarding experience.

CHL is a great organisation with lots of dedicated and talented people working towards its mission.

The organisation offers opportunities to collaborate with other dedicated and skilled professionals to achieve greater goals of delivering good care to the elderly and vunerable.

Pros

Value-based organisation; surrounded by talented people

Cons

Staff turnover; sometimes struggle with work-life balance

Great culture with great values

The culture is hard to come by, everyone is striving to work towards the same goal. The Exec team also live the values which trickles down to middle management and frontline workers. Have loved my time here.

Values Based Organisation with opportunity to make a difference

True to Mission and Values, people are cared about and valued. Lots of opportunities for growth and support from team members.Challenges in Aged care but also very rewarding roles

Pros

Great people and supportive teams

Cons

Covid has been challenging for all of Aged Care

Great Place to work

I am working in this company since 2010. It is great place to work. Management is good and very supportive, working as a team. Staff are friendly. Welcoming and friendly environment.

Catholic Healthcare cares about residents AND staff

I get to make a real difference in the lives of our residents, AND I get to make a difference in the work lives of our staff.It is truly a rewarding career. I highly recommend working at CHL

Pros

Each employee is valued

Cons

Long hours due to staff shortages, but this will change with time.

A rewarding career, where carers are cared for.

Thoroughly enjoy my role. Able to thrive in a fast paced environment with lots of exciting projects and opportunity for networking and ongoing professional development. Being a NFP organisation you benefit from salary packaging.

Pros

Diversity of work, Travel and events, Making a difference to the community, Salary packaging, 6 extra leave days a year, Training opportunities

Cons

Managing expectations between different business units, Sometimes short deadlines

Supportive & fun place to work with worklife balance.

Great place to work with caring & interactive team. Fast pace and really challenging to work where no day is same. There are lots of career progression and development opportunities for anyone who wants to grow.Highly recommend if you are looking to grow your career and make a difference in someone's life!

Fast Placed, Team Work with Friendly and Caring staff.

Catholic Healthcare is a great place to work, flexible working arrangement, caring and friendly staff. The working culture provides the best quality of services to everyone.

Work hard + supportive manager + team

Aged Care has it challenges! Proud to work for Catholic Healthcare and all the great things they do. Residential Aged Care + Home & Community Care + Independent Living Units. Care runs deep!

Great job, supportive culture

I joined Catholic Healthcare a few months ago and I am loving my job as a Home Care Worker. There are lots of opportunities here for furthering my career.

Pros

Supportive managers, friendly team.

The clients are what make it

If it wasn't for the clients there'd be no point in working for this organisation. There's no job advancement, no support from managers, and you HAVE to take any services offered within your availability. This means that if you had Thursday afternoon free on Wednesday night but they put a shift on on the morning, you'd have to do it or face a penalty. The pay as per the industry is dire.

Pros

Getting out and about, clients

Cons

Not paid for on call time, inactive management

Fun workplace

Management And staff are friendly. Peaceful work environment. Supportive Management. Nice and clean home. Good menu with testy food. Supportive to new staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Healthcare Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Catholic Healthcare Limited with

• Catholic Healthcare Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?