Catholic Healthcare Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Catholic Healthcare Limited Employee Reviews

Australia47 reviews
A typical day involved visiting residents, leading & speaking at chapel, talking to residents family. I learned organisation discipline, collaboration and pastoral skills. Management was efficient, supportive and brought into action all the new aged care and covid legislation.guidelines. Workplace culture, was relaxed and friendly but not slack. Hardest part of the job was seeing residents unwell and growing old and sometimes dying. Most enjoyable part of the job was visiting residents and caring pastorally.
All good and lovely. Resident's wonderful.

Staff are good. Like a lot of aged care, would benifit with Permanent Facility Manager, but good company to work for.
Good environment to work in, teamwork, well training session. It has been quite good experience while working at Catholic Health Care. The management and the staff over there were supportive, good coordination within the staff management and the residents as well. Always initiate staff with their work performance and plenty of training session and education for staff.
Lovely people, great offices well located in Macquarie Park. In a period of growth so the business will continue to grow, mature and offer new opprotunities. People are passionate about what they do here.
It was pleasured to work with one of the reputation organisation in Australia. I got a chance to learn a lot of new things which help me to gained a knowledge and skills in kitchen sections. The staffs were very friendly and helpful. with the knowledge and skills which i gained from this organisation can be very helpful to work in other company which helps to achieve the goals of an organisations. i can work as a catering assistant from the ideas which i got from this organisation .
I started working back in 2005.
On and off I worked for more then 7 to 8 yrs if iam not wrong.

Very friendly team from coordinators to care workers.

Like a big happy family.

Left due to my elderly in-laws and looking after my parents back in Fiji.

Will recomend anyone to work for this company.
I enjoyed working in the institute which follows Christian values. I got to learn a different culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is sharing own opinions and listening experiences about the life of the residents.
Very stressful as top heavy with management and no frontline staff. No supports and no organisation. No training and the rules change daily. Workplaces are old, run-down and depressing. Very old-fashioned and out of date practices.
Pros
The clients were lovely and the easiest part of the role.
Cons
No training, no processes or organisation.
under staffed, poor management, staff are underappreciated for the things they do with bare minimum.

Head chef was horrible at his job, and cared more for his extra curricular activities than the actual job.
We are constantly being bullied and threatened by Manager, if we don't complete our training we loose shifts. Used to be a great place to work, but new manger hates everyone and is nasty to all of us. She picks on people and lies a lot. We cant complain, nobody at Head Office will help us. Very sad, I used to like working there, AIN's suffer and kitchen. She is too tall.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Catholic Healthcare Limited?
We get a work phone and all supplies needed ie gloves aprons booties uniform kmph paid etc. Perm part time offered after 6 months. I love my clients and any issues that do arise my supervisor and rostering team are right on it. Great to choose my availability times. Though working with the aged population you do need to be available mornings pref. Havnt had any night work so far
Pros
Great supplies phone etc well run.super rewarding
Cons
Could be better pay but it is non profit.
I would not recommend anyone to work here, Manager doesn't know how to run the place, Management is disorganised, Care staff are bossy and lazy, Kitchen staff are rude and selfish.
The manager is absolutely horrible and bukkys and tells at staff, sometimes in front of other staff, couldn't care less about the employees who actually do the hard work.

The care staff and nurses are great, but the manager is horrendous.

ALWAYS UNDER STAFFED.
The management here is very rude and bully’s it’s staff constantly. Particularly, the residential manager who has no empathy for her staff. There are also never any shifts given to you as initially promised. The roster manager keeps changing and has no regard for anyone. Run away from this aged care faculty unless you want stress and emotional turmoil. Do not apply. There are so many other choices in Bathurst.
As a new Grad, I have Learned a lot from senior RN and carers. Team work was the best part of working in this facility. I enjoyed everyday and shift of my time here.
Pros
Educations, trainings, inservices
I worked here for just over 2 years, and really enjoyed working with the staff and residents. the management are very rude and not professional. I applied to go for a holiday last year in December and put my application in for leave 5 months prior to the date, the manager did not approve my time away, it was a total 3 days of work. when my time came for the holiday I supplied them a medical certificate for my time away, and when I comeback from my holiday they sacked me. I wish I had of been with the union at this time because I would of taken it a lot further. the management were constantly bullying me. when I applied for another nursing job I had to put the manager down for a reference. she told my new manager that ...I was lazy, I couldn't follow instructions, I was rude to the residents, I couldn't use manual handling instructions, I was always on my phone, and that I had only little potential, I was very upset when my new manager had told me this as I always tried my very hardest at this particular workplace and the staff and residents would be able to back me up on this. anyways I still got my new job despite there false and negative reference. this manager is going to end up losing all of her staff soon, a lot of staff have messaged myself saying they are becoming causal and wanting to leave because of how bad the management is. I really dont recommend working here at all, it is already hard enough trying to get a job without the manager giving you a reference and having false accusations. they are also always short staffed sometimes was working in a ward of 20 beds by - more...
Pros
friendly staff and residents
Cons
management
Management is unappreciated when care staff achieve goals. Management need improvement on how to speak and approach staff in which is acceptable. Management needs to respect staff and management needs training the facility needs to be reviewed on how it treats its staff and not to ignore bullying
Pros
Cons
Management needs to be questioned
Management are unapproachable, and unwilling to listen to staff.
The work is very hard and there are not enough staff members to appropriately look after the residents.
Catholic Health Care is very good place to work in and I always get satisfaction after work with the facility. Manager, residents and staff were very great. I found very interesting to communicate with elder people and support them. I am very thankful to Catholic Healthcare that they gave me chance to work with lovely people.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Excellent work environment and I have learned about how this NGO organization works with elderly people and the friendly way they treat the residents. Also, they have good policies about workplace culture and the hardest part of the job is when I have worked in the special care working with elderly with dementia. But the most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly the residents are which make ease to build rapport and put in practice all the counselling skills and intercommunication skills that I have learned from the course in the University.
Pros
free coffee.
Catholic Health Care is the best organization with multicultural residents and staff. All the team members are qualified and professional, friendly and helpful. The place where I work is well managed and organized. I have learnt many many things regarding cultures of different nations and the way of celebrating. Likewise, respect, honesty, compassion also can be seen while working with each other. Basically when the I will be able to identify the need and prioritize accordingly and also when I see the smile on resident's face when I get job satisfaction. I think I enjoy all the moments when I do my job.
Pros
Rewarding the staff by providing some training and conferences.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Healthcare Limited. Our community is ready to answer.