Catholic Healthcare Limited Employee Reviews

I worked here for 1 year at first it was good and then it started to get stressful
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW24 January 2019
Management is unappreciated when care staff achieve goals. Management need improvement on how to speak and approach staff in which is acceptable. Management needs to respect staff and management needs training the facility needs to be reviewed on how it treats its staff and not to ignore bullying
Pros
Cons
Management needs to be questioned
The industrial standard
Chef Position in aged care kitchen area (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 January 2019
Catholic Health Care is very good place to work in and I always get satisfaction after work with the facility. Manager, residents and staff were very great. I found very interesting to communicate with elder people and support them. I am very thankful to Catholic Healthcare that they gave me chance to work with lovely people.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
fun work place and very friendly environment.
Community Visitor (Student Placement/ Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Kemps Creek NSW4 January 2019
Excellent work environment and I have learned about how this NGO organization works with elderly people and the friendly way they treat the residents. Also, they have good policies about workplace culture and the hardest part of the job is when I have worked in the special care working with elderly with dementia. But the most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly the residents are which make ease to build rapport and put in practice all the counselling skills and intercommunication skills that I have learned from the course in the University.
Pros
free coffee.
Catholic Health Care is a good organisation which is helping aged Australian to enjoy their life
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  North Sydney NSW2 January 2019
Catholic Health Care is the best organization with multicultural residents and staff. All the team members are qualified and professional, friendly and helpful. The place where I work is well managed and organized. I have learnt many many things regarding cultures of different nations and the way of celebrating. Likewise, respect, honesty, compassion also can be seen while working with each other. Basically when the I will be able to identify the need and prioritize accordingly and also when I see the smile on resident's face when I get job satisfaction. I think I enjoy all the moments when I do my job.
Pros
Rewarding the staff by providing some training and conferences.
Had fun work
Catering assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 December 2018
First it was very fun to work at catholic care envoronment very helpful, before i used to work they had 2 staff in the kitchen but i took chalange to work myself in the kitchen ...it was bit stressbfirst but slowly i proved them i can do it . I always love chalange.
Great clients
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW8 October 2018
Meeting new people
Learning new things every day
Hardest thing is trying to get more working hours
Love talking everyone has a different story to tell
Pros
Talking to different people
Cons
Not enough working hours
Great Experience
CATERING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hunters Hill NSW29 August 2018
I have learnt so much from Catholic Healthcare, It's there where i found my passion to help people and that where i made the decision to become a nurse. There i learnt how to communicate within employees, learnt how to voice my opinion with in staff meetings, i interacted with the residents, was exposed to the behaviours of progressive brain disease and other mental illness amongst the elderly. I was taken through varieties of training like fire training, food safety, manual handling training and respecting the elderly and so much more
Pros
interaction with resident, witnessing them smiling and being happy
Cons
short shifts and not enough staff as well as not enough hourly pay rate
Friendly environment
Assistant in Nursing (AIN) (Former Employee) –  Surry Hills NSW31 July 2018

Thanks
Pros
Cons
Sometimes short of staff
Wide range of people.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia6 June 2018
Working alongside a wide range of different staff from different religions and believes.
Residents kind and had intresting history to share. Most had or still had problems with drugs and alcohol in their past am some still did, resulting in homelessness and mental health issues.
It is a good place to work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 March 2018
I have a good experience to work there. They made your life easier because they have a good teamwork so I do not have any problem at the end of the day.
Excellent experience and culture
Care staff (Former Employee) –  Hamlyn Terrace NSW25 March 2018
Catholic care has excellent training and management was always approachable. I would still be working for them except I moved to Sydney and tried commuting but after a couple of years it was to hard. The place felt like home and family I was very blessed to work for and with such wonderful staff and residents.
Pros
Small facility with great individual care
Cons
Small facility
good place
Aged Care Worker (Former Employee) –  batemansbay19 March 2018
very loving and respectful place to work in I always woke up looking forward to going to work. Staff, management and resident were great.I found working with the elderly the most enjoyable just interacting with them , doing there care is very satisfying.
r
Pros
good place to work
Cons
short staff sometimes
Productive and fun workplace.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wentworth Falls NSW12 March 2018
While working for this establishment I was able to learn, meet new people, make new friends and work close to home. Work was easy to obtain for more hours.
Pros
good christmas party for the residents
Cons
not equipped well enough
Not much room for advancement
ADMISSIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Epping NSW16 December 2017
Worked with some wonderful people. Learnt a lot about Aged Care and Retirement Villages. Unfortunately once my manager left the level of support diminished.
Promoted personal skills. Cultually effective promoting ethnic sensitivity.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia28 November 2017
All races, cultural and ethnic's are equally yoked together in perfect harmony.
Managed a dementia unit 5 days a week, facilitating activities.
Mananged a team to be effective as a caregiver.
happy work place
Chef manager (Former Employee) –  Dubbo NSW6 September 2017
menu planning, food costing, overseeing kitchen team preparation of food for residents, preparing functions, safe work practice, safe food handling, working along side of medical manager to enable the special requirements and needs of residents.attending meetings to ensure service to residents are met.
Pros
great work conditions
Cons
enjoyable work rewarding
not a bad place to work
RAS Team Leader - My Aged Care (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW4 July 2017
it is a good place to work flexible and try to maintain a good work life balance. Overall I was happy to work with the organization.
Their values were seen throughout the organization and were happily followed by all staff.
Good work place
Care Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Kemps Creek NSW28 March 2017
Rendering basic nursing care to the residents
Assisting them with their ADLs
Coordinate with the RNs in medication management
Complete nurses notes and provide assessment according to resident's medical condition
The workplace involves a culturally diverse staff and workers
Establishing good relationships with the residents and helping them maintain and develop their wellbeing
not good at surry hills
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Surry Hills NSW20 February 2017
did work experience at surry hills the staff need more hygen training
as they were not very hygenic and they should know more better due to eldery living there
Pros
free lunch
great care staff,
Housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Wentworth Falls NSW14 February 2017
great staff, bad management practise. resident are interesting and have their own stories. family member are great, but their is always the odd one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Healthcare Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2