Catholic Healthcare Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Catholic Healthcare Limited Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

If you love juggling then you will love working at CHL

I worked in the HR team and since the MD and GM for RAC left, it was everyone for themselves leaving the company. I was told during my interview and from the referring recruiter that I would be WFH, but it never happened so I resigned after several weeks when the reality did not meet my expectations. It helps to tell the truth when you talk about integrity but fail to provide it to your own staff.

Pros

Nice team, hard working

Cons

No WFH, long hours, HR versus Operations drama

Enjoying making friends with all residents staff

Having that compassion empathy dignity understanding and respect understanding there needs and values specialising there needs understand and reassurance with there culture

Hard work

Constantly working understaffed in wards.Horrible not being able to provide proper care to the elderly due to lack of staff.Staff are exhausted and overworked. Lovely building in beautiful surroundings, but cost cutting by management hurts both the residents and staff who really care about the people they take care of .

Pros

Lovely residents and workmates

Cons

Understaffed

5 years with CHCL

It WAS a great place to work but now its culture is toxic.Staff turnover is high Staff are not always replaced unless they are senior managers.This means staff are then meant to take on the newly vacant roles as well as their own.

Pros

Cons

Never thanked for going the extra mile.

Great management.

It was a great company. Excellent standards. All staff were supervised well and there were good standards and plenty of activities for residents, which promoted a great environment to live in for them.

Pros

Great support services for staff and training.

Cons

Nil

Fast paced but collaborative workplace with break out rooms/courtyard for staff lunches

A typical day involved visiting residents, leading & speaking at chapel, talking to residents family. I learned organisation discipline, collaboration and pastoral skills. Management was efficient, supportive and brought into action all the new aged care and covid legislation.guidelines. Workplace culture, was relaxed and friendly but not slack. Hardest part of the job was seeing residents unwell and growing old and sometimes dying. Most enjoyable part of the job was visiting residents and caring pastorally.

St Francis Grafton

All good and lovely. Resident's wonderful. Staff are good. Like a lot of aged care, would benifit with Permanent Facility Manager, but good company to work for.

productive with the knowledge

Good environment to work in, teamwork, well training session. It has been quite good experience while working at Catholic Health Care. The management and the staff over there were supportive, good coordination within the staff management and the residents as well. Always initiate staff with their work performance and plenty of training session and education for staff.

Good working conditions with extra days off

Lovely people, great offices well located in Macquarie Park. In a period of growth so the business will continue to grow, mature and offer new opprotunities. People are passionate about what they do here.

great feelings and memorable time working with catholic health care

It was pleasured to work with one of the reputation organisation in Australia. I got a chance to learn a lot of new things which help me to gained a knowledge and skills in kitchen sections. The staffs were very friendly and helpful. with the knowledge and skills which i gained from this organisation can be very helpful to work in other company which helps to achieve the goals of an organisations. i can work as a catering assistant from the ideas which i got from this organisation .

Best company ever

I started working back in 2005. On and off I worked for more then 7 to 8 yrs if iam not wrong. Very friendly team from coordinators to care workers. Like a big happy family. Left due to my elderly in-laws and looking after my parents back in Fiji. Will recomend anyone to work for this company.

Workplace

I enjoyed working in the institute which follows Christian values. I got to learn a different culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is sharing own opinions and listening experiences about the life of the residents.

under staffed, and poor management

under staffed, poor management, staff are underappreciated for the things they do with bare minimum. Head chef was horrible at his job, and cared more for his extra curricular activities than the actual job.

Stressed and Poor management

We are constantly being bullied and threatened by Manager, if we don't complete our training we loose shifts. Used to be a great place to work, but new manger hates everyone and is nasty to all of us. She picks on people and lies a lot. We cant complain, nobody at Head Office will help us. Very sad, I used to like working there, AIN's suffer and kitchen. She is too tall.

I ❤ working for this company..

We get a work phone and all supplies needed ie gloves aprons booties uniform kmph paid etc. Perm part time offered after 6 months. I love my clients and any issues that do arise my supervisor and rostering team are right on it. Great to choose my availability times. Though working with the aged population you do need to be available mornings pref. Havnt had any night work so far

Pros

Great supplies phone etc well run.super rewarding

Cons

Could be better pay but it is non profit.

Not a good place to work in

I would not recommend anyone to work here, Manager doesn't know how to run the place, Management is disorganised, Care staff are bossy and lazy, Kitchen staff are rude and selfish.

Stay away from st Catherine's

The manager is absolutely horrible and bukkys and tells at staff, sometimes in front of other staff, couldn't care less about the employees who actually do the hard work. The care staff and nurses are great, but the manager is horrendous. ALWAYS UNDER STAFFED.

Worst management ever at St Catherine’s

The management here is very rude and bully’s it’s staff constantly. Particularly, the residential manager who has no empathy for her staff. There are also never any shifts given to you as initially promised. The roster manager keeps changing and has no regard for anyone. Run away from this aged care faculty unless you want stress and emotional turmoil. Do not apply. There are so many other choices in Bathurst.

As a new Grad, I have Learned a lot from senior RN and carers. Team work was the best part of working in this facility. I enjoyed everyday and shift of my time here.

Pros

Educations, trainings, inservices

lovely staff horrible management

I worked here for just over 2 years, and really enjoyed working with the staff and residents. the management are very rude and not professional. I applied to go for a holiday last year in December and put my application in for leave 5 months prior to the date, the manager did not approve my time away, it was a total 3 days of work. when my time came for the holiday I supplied them a medical certificate for my time away, and when I comeback from my holiday they sacked me. I wish I had of been with the union at this time because I would of taken it a lot further. the management were constantly bullying me. when I applied for another nursing job I had to put the manager down for a reference. she told my new manager that ...I was lazy, I couldn't follow instructions, I was rude to the residents, I couldn't use manual handling instructions, I was always on my phone, and that I had only little potential, I was very upset when my new manager had told me this as I always tried my very hardest at this particular workplace and the staff and residents would be able to back me up on this. anyways I still got my new job despite there false and negative reference. this manager is going to end up losing all of her staff soon, a lot of staff have messaged myself saying they are becoming causal and wanting to leave because of how bad the management is. I really dont recommend working here at all, it is already hard enough trying to get a job without the manager giving you a reference and having false accusations. they are also always short staffed sometimes was working in a ward of 20 beds by -

Pros

friendly staff and residents

Cons

management

I worked here for 1 year at first it was good and then it started to get stressful

Management is unappreciated when care staff achieve goals. Management need improvement on how to speak and approach staff in which is acceptable. Management needs to respect staff and management needs training the facility needs to be reviewed on how it treats its staff and not to ignore bullying

Pros

Cons

Management needs to be questioned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Healthcare Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Catholic Healthcare Limited