CatholicCare Sydney

33: CatholicCare Sydney Employee Reviews

Australia33 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Learning curve to project management

Incredibly fun environment to work within. Versatile activities, client-pairing well thought out, and caring staff.

A good opportunity if nothing else is out there.

Days were long and clients were lovely people, but management was difficult to work with. Working with some participants was the better part of some days, but it was not worth the stress it would sometimes cause.

Pros

Working with a variety of interesting people

Cons

Unpredictable hours

Never enough hours

Loved working for catholic care to start off with...rostering was the biggest issue. had shifts rostered at last minute and not notified. Management would complain they couldnt get staff to fill shifts but when you wanted the hours you just couldnt get them...Had to get a 2nd job, then got penalised as I then made this my main job as i got the most hours. so they took my 1 permanent client off me, so I resigned. sadly no loyalty.

Pros

flexability.

Cons

awful rostering

Organisation lacks satisfactory conditions for the community workers ie treat them as cleaners & domestics not support workers.

room for improvement. Their selection process is not professional. Qualifications are worthless as HR & management does not consider or recognise.Little opportunity for improved job options unless you fit the mould.

Pros

job is good for the participants/ receivers of service

Cons

Role description is deceptive

Very caring place to work

I love working here also, management and employees are beautiful people and I just love the residents. Work place culture is good. I learn in this job but I also teach other employees new things Hardest part of the job is being on call and sometimes having to refuse a shift, but that's what happens when you are a casual.

Great culture

CatholicCare has a wonderful, friendly culture that is conducive to success and positive outcomes Would definitely work there again. Excellent place to work and grow.

Management is good

I work as support worker. I like to deal with the clients but the roster team just rostered you without asking if you able to do it. Sometime I thought I won’t have shift and have planned or the client is too far from my home then I called to canceled. They will be upset. Other than that it’s a good company to work with.

Growing organisation

Not faced paced in the role that I had. Other areas claim that they are faced paced, solid agency to work for. Some cultural issues but not more than other providers.

Pros

Salary packaging, varied work, growing organisation

Cons

Some inexperience in senior roles

Community based not-for-profit

Very professional and dedicated staff. Busy work load. Change management required regular review of processes and policies. Diverse workforce across a number of worksites makes communication a challenge.

organise and very supportive and cooperative persons.

Always there are some difficulties when you are doing supporting work , especially if the clients are from refugees backgrounds and none English speakers,as well if there are vulnerable people , such like single women with children, families who look after their family member / members with physical disabilities or mental disabilities , to provide help to the vulnerable person you have to be a good listener be friendly with staff members, your clients and their relatives friends , be team player,accept others ideas ,solutions. the most enjoyable part of job is when you see that big smiles on the faces of your clients and their family members .

There is a productive and friendly workplace I have never been like that.

Everyday I come to work place early. I meet people, discuss with them to find out their problems with their computer, if any and I fix it. I help them to pack up their daily data. I also learn from them the collective spirit and how to control the office and encourage people to work together. Time and progress management is not simple. However, people friendly and support each other so that we can get over obstacles with minimum effort. The hardest is to maintain the computer network to work properly along whole day. It is very interesting that we work together for a whole day than can enjoy time together after work. I love these collective./.

A terrible experience

The management were appalling. Essentially I was bullied by one staff member and received no support. In fact I felt his side was taken. There was a real sense of brushing it under the carpet. After trying numerous times to resolve things using senior management, I decided it was hopeless and resigned. Ethically I couldn't go on. Never again. Wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Only positive was how relaxed the job was. In fact I was often very bored! Got paid for doing very little!

Very socialbe work environment where staff members care and support each another

First day at work, asked by team leader to see my first client client without prior notice about client and help client was in for. Was faced with ethical dilemma, didn't want to shift blame for not know what client was in for on my team leader and did 'not want client to fell that i did not know what to do. I learnt that when faced with a problem at work, find solution to it and make a complaint to the appropriate person later. And that one should always use their past experience to deal with difficult situations or challenges at work I managed the situation by telling the client that even though we had information about his issued on his referral form, but I preferred to her form him. He appreciated it very much and willingly explained all his difficulties to me- he ran out of money and needed food to last him for the week end. Fortunately we had a list of emergency relief agencies so I referred him to one via phone. After 2 week at work, I learnt that 90% of the 40 staff members prefer to have their lunch in the office in the staff kitchen; They used lunch time for social interactions with staff of other sectors in the organisation, this I loved very much. The hardest part of the job was to be stuck in the office for 2 days a week trying to enter client's data using a very complicated reporting system which I found to understand. The most enjoyable part of the job was our end of year conference and party which was held away form our office along the the west cost of Tasmania

Pros

Manager provides regular free peter or BBQ for staff

Cons

Having to travel on weekend to attend workshops In Hobart

This is a monthly meeting

Team members are always professional and treat everyone equally A typical day would be planning and discussing potential opportunities for growth and how to improve We are learning how to be more confident and growing upon our public speaking skills Management is lovely, always treat everyone equally Workplace culture is fun young environment Hardest part of the job is trying to find media to be able to gain growth from you Most enjoyable part of job is leaving knowing we are working towards making a difference in peoples lives.

productive and fun to worked

catholic care was really good they were really helpful when i needed job, they helped me find a job that could provide my everyday needs. i was able to save money for my studies because of the job they gave to me

Rewarding place to work with opportunities to grow

Working with clients who are in need and being able to support and empower changes for their current situation. Managment team are supportive and alway have their door open when needing advice or support. Team members are rewarding to work with.

Pros

Great team

Cons

At times large case loads

Really useful experience gained, however the restructuring within the organisation left others feeling unsafe and therefore difficult working culture.

great culture

-working with different clients and meeting their needs at short amount of time made me learn on how to use time wisely. - staff are welcoming and professional - the most enjoyable is when clients appreciate the service and asks the office to have you back as regular carer. but the most rewarding part is knowing that you have made a difference in someone's life.

Pros

culture

Hard Work

Rewarding experience helping vulnerable people get the most out of their lives. Great team that are like family and will be part of my families life for years to come.

Fun team to work with and a different challenge everyday.

Working with the team's that have developed in this program are amazing and they all do such great work with the young people of today. No matter what challenged the workers and young people face, everyone always comes back the next day with a smile.

great company

working with young people crisis care respite accommodation Training children to and from School Assisting Families with better understanding Assisting with craft and outings with each child in care

Pros

Free meals on shift

Cons

working casual

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CatholicCare Sydney. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare CatholicCare Sydney with

• CatholicCare Sydney
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?