CatholicCare Sydney
View all CatholicCare Sydney reviews

CatholicCare Sydney

CatholicCare Sydney Employee Review

Learning curve to project management

Incredibly fun environment to work within. Versatile activities, client-pairing well thought out, and caring staff.

Same role

A good opportunity if nothing else is out there.

Days were long and clients were lovely people, but management was difficult to work with. Working with some participants was the better part of some days, but it was not worth the stress it would sometimes cause.

Pros

Working with a variety of interesting people

Cons

Unpredictable hours

Never enough hours

Loved working for catholic care to start off with...rostering was the biggest issue. had shifts rostered at last minute and not notified. Management would complain they couldnt get staff to fill shifts but when you wanted the hours you just couldnt get them...Had to get a 2nd job, then got penalised as I then made this my main job as i got the most hours. so they took my 1 permanent client off me, so I resigned. sadly no loyalty.

Pros

flexability.

Cons

awful rostering

Organisation lacks satisfactory conditions for the community workers ie treat them as cleaners & domestics not support workers.

room for improvement. Their selection process is not professional. Qualifications are worthless as HR & management does not consider or recognise.Little opportunity for improved job options unless you fit the mould.

Pros

job is good for the participants/ receivers of service

Cons

Role description is deceptive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CatholicCare Sydney. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare CatholicCare Sydney with

• CatholicCare Sydney
  • Learning curve to project management
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?