CatholicCare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CatholicCare Employee Reviews

Australia36 reviews
I love working here also, management and employees are beautiful people and I just love the residents.
Work place culture is good.

I learn in this job but I also teach other employees new things

Hardest part of the job is being on call and sometimes having to refuse a shift, but that's what happens when you are a casual.
room for improvement. Their selection process is not professional. Qualifications are worthless as HR & management does not consider or recognise.Little opportunity for improved job options unless you fit the mould.
Pros
job is good for the participants/ receivers of service
Cons
Role description is deceptive
CatholicCare has a wonderful, friendly culture that is conducive to success and positive outcomes Would definitely work there again. Excellent place to work and grow.
I work as support worker. I like to deal with the clients but the roster team just rostered you without asking if you able to do it. Sometime I thought I won’t have shift and have planned or the client is too far from my home then I called to canceled. They will be upset. Other than that it’s a good company to work with.
Not faced paced in the role that I had. Other areas claim that they are faced paced, solid agency to work for. Some cultural issues but not more than other providers.
Pros
Salary packaging, varied work, growing organisation
Cons
Some inexperience in senior roles
Very professional and dedicated staff. Busy work load. Change management required regular review of processes and policies. Diverse workforce across a number of worksites makes communication a challenge.
Always there are some difficulties when you are doing supporting work , especially if the clients are from refugees backgrounds and none English speakers,as well if there are vulnerable people , such like single women with children, families who look after their family member / members with physical disabilities or mental disabilities , to provide help to the vulnerable person you have to be a good listener be friendly with staff members, your clients and their relatives friends , be team player,accept others ideas ,solutions. the most enjoyable part of job is when you see that big smiles on the faces of your clients and their family members .
The management were appalling. Essentially I was bullied by one staff member and received no support. In fact I felt his side was taken. There was a real sense of brushing it under the carpet. After trying numerous times to resolve things using senior management, I decided it was hopeless and resigned. Ethically I couldn't go on. Never again. Wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Only positive was how relaxed the job was. In fact I was often very bored! Got paid for doing very little!
Team members are always professional and treat everyone equally

A typical day would be planning and discussing potential opportunities for growth and how to improve

We are learning how to be more confident and growing upon our public speaking skills

Management is lovely, always treat everyone equally

Workplace culture is fun young environment

Hardest part of the job is trying to find media to be able to gain growth from you

Most enjoyable part of job is leaving knowing we are working towards making a difference in peoples lives.
catholic care was really good they were really helpful when i needed job, they helped me find a job that could provide my everyday needs. i was able to save money for my studies because of the job they gave to me
Working with clients who are in need and being able to support and empower changes for their current situation.
Managment team are supportive and alway have their door open when needing advice or support.

Team members are rewarding to work with.
Pros
Great team
Cons
At times large case loads
Really useful experience gained, however the restructuring within the organisation left others feeling unsafe and therefore difficult working culture.
Rewarding experience helping vulnerable people get the most out of their lives. Great team that are like family and will be part of my families life for years to come.
working with young people
crisis care

respite accommodation

Training children to and from School

Assisting Families with better understanding

Assisting with craft and outings with each child in care
Pros
Free meals on shift
Cons
working casual
the most satisfying thing about my job is making a difference in terms of the success of our business,and the personal success of the people who lead the business.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
nothing
The team was wonderful and productive; the overall working environment was pleasant and positive, with minimal stress.The workload was engaging and stimulating, but not stress-inducing.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Early start, long commute
I enjoyed working for CatholicCare as we had supervision and regular staff meetings. We had good contact with out Manager's and Directors. We also had a CatholicCare conference every three years which was great as we got to know what other programs do within CatholicCare.
Development of skills to become an effective and efficient case manager.

I worked at the Bankstown office. My colleagues were supportive and friendly.
Pros
access appropriate professional development
Cons
no support from management
On First Day of March 2015

I was doing learning Access to login the Payrolls systems then put into the Microsoft Excel to check up any error. So that help the Payrolls systems.

I was doing order the Data Entry of the Marriage Records and package the order.

The hardest part of the job is Management Accounting.
the work i did while at catholic care was volunteer and it was a great experience. it was a good company set up for bushfire victims in the blue mountains.

the experience and training was good.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no payment
exciting new Therapeutic Youth Residential Program looking forward to seeing the opportunities for disadvantaged youth flourish.
Have a lot of internal agencies to assist families, and young persons.
Pros
supportive management