CBRE
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CBRE Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,723 reviews

Fast paced work environment

The job was easy to facilitate, however it was hard working for two bosses with two different paths. The ability to be able to sell property did not match the market, needed to be able to negotiate to keeps things moving. Unfortunately the job description and opportunity was withheld due to confusion within departments.

Productive and Friendly Workplace

A great workplace where my managers were highly skilled, great trainers and being under their wing allowed me to learn invaluable skills. My team were supportive and my managers valued my strong work ethics and thorough administrative assistance. CBRE was an excellent employer!

Fun place with small team

Small team independent nice location near circular quay flexible work can work from home if required small finance team collaborative staff salary scales are bit lower

Pros

Fruits daily

Cons

Too small space to move around

Will not recommend CBRE for working to anybody if you want to spend time with family and friends. Constant stress and luck of sleep.

Not supported from senior management, no help, constant overloading internally. CBRE Procurement, finance, HSEQ are saving on people in these departments and you need to do all by your self instead. No one has time/desire to spend time explaining-they will train 90-130 people on Skype call and send you the link for self training....you

Professional environment and great work life balance

CBRE is an International corporate with very positive reputation, in which you will be able to build up professional network with people in the industry and contractors. The company has operations in various location in major business districts. For me I have great support from my supervisors and line managers.

Busy office, fast pace role, great benefits

New skills to learn each day Tidy office Much interaction with both internal and external stakeholders Sometimes the volumes of work needed long hours or more staff.

Pros

Clean office with parking

Cons

Sometimes so busy extra time needed outside of shift

Productive and easy

I was just a temporary casual at CBRE so my job mostly consisted of doing the work that the other staff did not have time to do. This included putting gifts together and doing pre-settlement inspections.

CBRE is a large corporate business with high volumes of work providing interesting opportunities to people who work there. The business opens many doors

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Not many

Great culture and engaging work environment

Team Management Mentoring Answering queries from Client Reviewing team's work Managing team and Client expectations Liasion with internal departments, like lease admin, AP , AR and Facilities Managers , but also various Property Managers.

Pros

great flexiblility

Cons

too far from home

Disengaged and disorganised management

Pros.. Exposure to the industry and networks Descent Pay Cons.. Non existent work/life balance Disengaged management Lack of training Sink or swim mentality No support from management, everyone in it for themselves

Professional

Good place to work, professional and enjoyable work environment. Room to grow and always displayed a fair work place environment. Overall a great place to work.

Great training

Inspecting properties in morning, return to office and begin to type reports before COB for mortgage and security purposes. I learned how to be organised and proactive good work place culture

Productive & fun place to work with lots of client contact

I really enjoyed the various duties in the position from setting up meeting rooms to booking access cards & car parks. Also, the ordering of Stationery & kitchen supplies kept me very busy each day.

Pros

Free snacks after corporate functions

Cons

Working fast to ensure duties completed before end of day

Very demanding clients

Work in total autonomy I learned how to write mails & various correspondances related to invoicing. Co-workers sometimes very busy to explain deeply the different tasks -> frustrating. The hardest was being sitted 8 hours a day in an environment without windows Most enjoyable: organising my work for the day after so that I could know from day to day what I had to do + Doing various tasks or one long task for many hours :)

Pros

no extra hours

Cons

No windows

Good company to work for

I was able to work with a variety of people in other states as well as the challenge each day would bring. I was able to learn a lot of new skills.

Accounts Payable/Reception/Office administration

I am enjoying this role immensely I have discovered so much about the tenant/ landlord relationship and the accounts associated with this role. Team members are always friendly and helpful and this makes the job a dream, I enjoy every aspect from working with clients, team members and customers its a wonderful atmosphere and I'm only seeking employment because its a 3 hr travel to my day and I've returned to study and finding I could use that 3 hours to studying.

productive, interesting work

My typical day was to type corrections on Valuation reports, typing various kinds of correspondence relevant to the valuations, set up and maintain files for any new Valuation requested. Answering e-mail queries. Accounts payable and receivable. Processing expenses incurred as part of the Valuation (eg search costs, accommodation, travel). Arranging flights and accommodation for valuations in other parts of the country. The position was on a job-share basis with another lady with us both working 3 days a week each. She was very helpful in teaching me all aspects of the position. My co-workers were really helpful and friendly. the hardest part of the job was probably remembering all of the processes, as I worked in a small office we didn't do everything all of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the socialising with the other staff.

Great working environment, satisfying job role

- great team chemistry - working closely with the sales agents was hugely beneficial - respect within the hierarchy - unforgettable experience

Good learning experience

Management of Commercial and Retail sites. Organising Contractors. Liasing with Tenants. preparation of Budgets, consultation with Management/ Owner Representatives.

Pros

Interaction with various people groups

Cons

managing troublesome public

Busy, productive

management of Industrial / Commercial properties. Site maintenance. Organising Contractors. Liasing with Tenants. preparation of Budgets and capital works proposals.

Pros

Freedom to move around various sites. meeting Tenants

Cons

Time constraints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.3K