Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from CBRE:

CBRE Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
The job was easy to facilitate, however it was hard working for two bosses with two different paths. The ability to be able to sell property did not match the market, needed to be able to negotiate to keeps things moving. Unfortunately the job description and opportunity was withheld due to confusion within departments.
A great workplace where my managers were highly skilled, great trainers and being under their wing allowed me to learn invaluable skills. My team were supportive and my managers valued my strong work ethics and thorough administrative assistance. CBRE was an excellent employer!
Small team
independent

nice location near circular quay

flexible work

can work from home if required

small finance team

collaborative staff

salary scales are bit lower
Pros
Fruits daily
Cons
Too small space to move around
Not supported from senior management, no help, constant overloading internally. CBRE Procurement, finance, HSEQ are saving on people in these departments and you need to do all by your self instead. No one has time/desire to spend time explaining-they will train 90-130 people on Skype call and send you the link for self training....you
CBRE is an International corporate with very positive reputation, in which you will be able to build up professional network with people in the industry and contractors. The company has operations in various location in major business districts. For me I have great support from my supervisors and line managers.
New skills to learn each day
Tidy office

Much interaction with both internal and external stakeholders

Sometimes the volumes of work needed long hours or more staff.
Pros
Clean office with parking
Cons
Sometimes so busy extra time needed outside of shift
I was just a temporary casual at CBRE so my job mostly consisted of doing the work that the other staff did not have time to do. This included putting gifts together and doing pre-settlement inspections.
CBRE is a large corporate business with high volumes of work providing interesting opportunities to people who work there. The business opens many doors
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not many
Team Management
Mentoring

Answering queries from Client

Reviewing team's work

Managing team and Client expectations

Liasion with internal departments, like lease admin, AP , AR and Facilities Managers , but also various Property Managers.
Pros
great flexiblility
Cons
too far from home
Pros..

Exposure to the industry and networks

Descent Pay

Cons..

Non existent work/life balance

Disengaged management

Lack of training

Sink or swim mentality

No support from management, everyone in it for themselves
Good place to work, professional and enjoyable work environment. Room to grow and always displayed a fair work place environment. Overall a great place to work.
Inspecting properties in morning, return to office and begin to type reports before COB for mortgage and security purposes.

I learned how to be organised and proactive

good work place culture
I really enjoyed the various duties in the position from setting up meeting rooms to booking access cards & car parks.

Also, the ordering of Stationery & kitchen supplies kept me very busy each day.
Pros
Free snacks after corporate functions
Cons
Working fast to ensure duties completed before end of day
Work in total autonomy
I learned how to write mails & various correspondances related to invoicing.

Co-workers sometimes very busy to explain deeply the different tasks -> frustrating.

The hardest was being sitted 8 hours a day in an environment without windows

Most enjoyable: organising my work for the day after so that I could know from day to day what I had to do + Doing various tasks or one long task for many hours :)
Pros
no extra hours
Cons
No windows
I was able to work with a variety of people in other states as well as the challenge each day would bring. I was able to learn a lot of new skills.
I am enjoying this role immensely I have discovered so much about the tenant/ landlord relationship and the accounts associated with this role. Team members are always friendly and helpful and this makes the job a dream, I enjoy every aspect from working with clients, team members and customers its a wonderful atmosphere and I'm only seeking employment because its a 3 hr travel to my day and I've returned to study and finding I could use that 3 hours to studying.
My typical day was to type corrections on Valuation reports, typing various kinds of correspondence relevant to the valuations, set up and maintain files for any new Valuation requested. Answering e-mail queries. Accounts payable and receivable. Processing expenses incurred as part of the Valuation (eg search costs, accommodation, travel). Arranging flights and accommodation for valuations in other parts of the country.
The position was on a job-share basis with another lady with us both working 3 days a week each. She was very helpful in teaching me all aspects of the position. My co-workers were really helpful and friendly.

the hardest part of the job was probably remembering all of the processes, as I worked in a small office we didn't do everything all of the time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the socialising with the other staff.
- great team chemistry
- working closely with the sales agents was hugely beneficial

- respect within the hierarchy

- unforgettable experience
Management of Commercial and Retail sites.
Organising Contractors. Liasing with Tenants. preparation of Budgets, consultation with Management/ Owner Representatives.
Pros
Interaction with various people groups
Cons
managing troublesome public
management of Industrial / Commercial properties.
Site maintenance. Organising Contractors. Liasing with Tenants. preparation of Budgets and capital works proposals.
Pros
Freedom to move around various sites. meeting Tenants
Cons
Time constraints