Cement Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cement Australia Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
Good working ethics and culture. Good working rapport with other workers. Family-friendly working environment and socialization. I can negotiate working roisterers and working times to suit availability and over time with weekend work.
Friendly and collaborative environment with wonderful management. Highly recommend any individual seeking a solid experience working in a large warehouse
its totally a different domain from which i had experience. but good to know new things and challenges in life. Work culture was good. meeting new people
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
One of the worst places I have ever worked.
The staff are encouraged to malntain the toxic work practices, created by management.

The pay structure is laughable, where staff on salary are expected to work 60 hours a week, during the many shutdowns, while getting 38 hours pay, whilr long term( five year ) casuals earn double time and double time and a half!
Pros
You have work
Cons
Toxic workplace
I enjoyed my time with the company and learnt so much. Very pleasant staff and management were approachable if any problems arose. I had a variety of tasks to do each day which made the days go faster
Pros
very freindly people to work with
Cons
lot of lifting
was always wondering when we would be laid off as the company was very unstable. cimeco went bankrupt and a lot of us were left unemployed
Usually a hard job with high Temperature,high noise level,
learned a lot to work in different hard working condition and improve your decision making ability.

Very good friendly Management always available to support you.

Every body on job is very friendly, professionally sound , work as a team and take care of each others.

You keep away from your family while you are on board .

Very challenging and interesting job .
Load Trucks. Fill bags with Cement. Co - Workers easy going, . Management ok . Worked shift work didn't minded that. Easy job.
My day is structured with meetings, negotiations, resolving of engineering problems, purchasing of long lead items, follow up on suppliers, review financial & contractual position, etc.
Pros
Working with a team of supportive people
Cons
Standard work
Cement Australia was a good place to work and the I was given the opportunity for some very good training which has helped me immensely in subsequent positions. I was also lucky enough to be able to travel quite a deal to different locations within the Company.
Pros
Flexible work hours - good work mates.
Cons
Dust and noise.
Company is located in Brisbane south side with operations located across the eastern seaboard.
always busy,learned alot about the cement industry.management was on the poor side,my co-workers were ok,only one or two to be honest were lazy or didn;t like helping out in a team enviroment. being at this company for about 15 years,I met alot of good friends, and injoyed going to work.
Cons
12 hour shifts
There were many interesting roles and project in this company but senior management was stale, self defensive and generated a very negative punitive culture. It became an unhappy place to work.
Two years on almost all executive and senior management personnel have left or been moved on including the CEO so things may have improved. The new CEO is a good person from my knowledge.
Pros
Lots of good experience
Cons
People not valued and advice ignored with negative consequences.
loved the job was just general labouring doing anything and everything nice people great hours there just was not enough work to keep a few of us on.
Pros
finish before school ended
Cons
was not enough work to stay
some more planning issues whit the main office in QLD
distance and a problem allways on the phone
Pros
good operators
Cons
on call 24/7
Managers were good to work with pretty typical day at work - co-workers were great to work with meet some interesting people.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cement Australia. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8