Centacare Catholic Family Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Centacare Catholic Family Services Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Good professional staff who cared about their clients.

Worked as a casual support worker. They had a great system of buddying you up with another experienced worker to allow you to get to know the clients and their needs.Pretty full-on pace to keep up with as you travelled to different clients and locations daily .Keeping up with paperwork and transfer onto clients' computer records could have been allocated more time.I enjoyed my time there. The staff were professional and caring.

Pros

Good work culture

Cons

Too much admin work and not enough time to do it.

Centacare Catholic Family Services.

It is quite shocking to know that an organisation that relies on volunteers in its Teaching Literacy and Numeracy program chooses to outsource jobs. The people in charge of running the aforementioned program are so heavily reliant on volunteers that a Catholic Nun who has had a stroke had to carry the weight of the burden.

Pros

Free Tea and Coffee.

Cons

Heavily Reliant on Volunteers, Outsource Jobs without Offering to Employ Volunteers.

Poor work / life balance

Poor work / life balance I did get my certificate 3 in Aged Care & Disabilty though I also enjoyed working with clients. The downfall was not enough time with family

good

It was one of the best place I have ever worked. I had ongoing job training which has given me lots of lessons. Its multicultural workplace. Everything is good about centacare

Family friendly happy and supportive workplace

good communication good staff management good morals great training opportunities great staff morale great flexible hours great workload management great support from management

Pros

friendly and supportive management

Cons

some air condition issues

I was a Volunteer.

I was a Volunteer. I helped with picking up Clients, a mix of elderly and Disabled. We would have morning tea at the centre, and then quite often go out somewhere for lunch, and come back to the centre before taking the Clients home. Due to a company restructure, I and other Volunteers are no longer required.

Fast paced, rewarding work

I would recommend working for Centacare, they were really professional and made sure I was well trained and felt confident in the job before sending me out to work in the community.

Not for me

This company was not a place I personally enjoyed working. the other staff were great and the clients too. I left and found a new job I enjoyed a lot more and that is all I will say.

fun

great environment to work in and lots of career advancements available. enjoyed working with productive, warm team of vibrant individuals who make clients feel at home.

Great work opportunities but challenging management

Was great working with clients and other workers. Felt unsupported and bullied by management. Unrealistic expectations on workers. Continual funding issues so no job security.

Pros

Clients and other workers

Cons

Culture of bullying

Jobs at Centacare Catholic Family Services

See more jobs

Judgemental

Terrible back stabbing staff judgemental and smiling assasins They smile and stab you in the back Put clients at risk of harm Dont question the manager or youll be sacked

Pros

Clients

Cons

Manager

Family friendly workplace

This is a great organisation to work for. Most of the staff create a warm and friendly environment. The managers are caring and flexible. The salary sacrifice option is rewarding.

Pros

Salary sacrifice

I believe to hold a position is the Social Service sector should always be client focused, however did not find this the case with Centacare.

Working along side of clients could be very challenging, however in saying this absolutely rewarding. I learned appreciating my life and assisting those that were not so fortunate for what ever the circumstance in their lives at present I was there to support, assist and most importantly to empower all persons from different walks of life. I believe upper management was not always client focused. Continuity for funding or lack of it, is a large part of the role. Working alongside of clients to empower, support and assist. Empowering others to make informed decisions and positive choices in their lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centacare Catholic Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Centacare Catholic Family Services