Central Coast Council Employee Reviews

3.6Pay & Benefits
Amalgamation is poorly handled
Team leader Parking Stations (Former Employee) –  Central Coast NSW21 November 2017
Great organization that is going through a poorly handled amalgamation. at this point in time there is no job stability however this will improve within the next few years hopefully.
Worked with a great team -in the field-plus completing tasks on the computer.
Council Ranger (Former Employee) –  Gosford NSW13 May 2017
Start the day with check of the I pad for jobs tasked for the day,call customers for outstanding tasks.
The tasks could be anything from dog compliants to abandoned vehicles,obstructions to the road,plus parking.
Unless two rangers required for a complex matter,tasks were carried out on own,using a vehicle.
This vehicle complied with items to comply with IMS.
I started this job with limited experience and during this time,with on the job training have been able to complete complex tasks.
The Council has a number of restructures and an amalgamation and managed many by the same persons,which keeps any changes to a minimum.
The Ranger section worked well together and with a group effort did not have may problems,especially dealing with the public.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the public,because every task requires a different input.
The best part is working out of the office,been local,no travel out of area for work,plus the workers in the Rangers section.
Pros
Working locally-no travel time.
Cons
Dealing with the public-solving complex problems, part of daily work.
Great company
Customer contact officer (Former Employee) –  Wyong NSW13 March 2017
Great experience! people were so amazing to help one another and great team environment. Met so many great customers and staff and still have their friendship outside of work.l
Pros
free fruit
Cons
wasnt enough work to keep on
Perform a fair and consistent assessment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Gosford NSW25 December 2016
I perform a fair and consistent engineering assessment in accordance with council's guidelines, policies, relevant government acts, and Australian standards.
Community Development Assistant
Community Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ulverstone, TAS25 January 2015
I worked in local Govenment for 8.5 years and have a wide range of administrative skills. I assisted several staff from Officers, Group Leaders, Directors and General Management.

During my time in local government I assisted up to 7 committees at a time in several areas of administration from collating and distribution of minutes and agendas to organising meetings and venues for same.

I have extensive skills in this area and believe I would be an asset to any business requiring these skills.
Pros
Flexible and people orientated