Central Highlands Regional Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Central Highlands Regional Council Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
I did inspection to make sure the buiding where safe and update
working there was great
What else can I put here all good this tell it all.

After working there I found all good.

After I was their for a while I was left to my self.

While there I was looking after the assest programing and costing out what we need to keep all asset in the area where keep in a good condition and stranded. I look after all the building and also look after the MTCE and capital work on the building.

Report to my manager on the asset and project work.

I did inspection to make sure the buiding where safe and update.
Bullying Environment
My experience has been anything but positive.
I have been bullied and harassed in my time at CHRC and management are a big part of this culture.

In my role I had no flexibility, however other staff members spend the majority of their workday socialising, which creates a divide in the office.

There is no typical day, working in customer service is always a challenge and your workday can range in tasks from taking customer concerns, completing administration tasks, banking, mail runs, attending staff meetings or training.

I have found any training offered is quite airy fairy and not relevant to the role. Council often asks for honest feedback but when it is given, in my experience, they will reprimand you for being honest.

If you enjoy customer service, this is, in my opinion, not the company to work for as you will not be valued as an employee. The attitude towards customer service workers is you are there to do as you are told, your input is not welcomed and you are constantly criticised, not just for your work performance, but for your personality. I can honestly say I have never worked in such an unprofessional, toxic environment.
Pros
Good Annual Leave Allocation, Monthly RDO, Excellent Superannuation
Cons
Staff are not valued
Good job
Would recommend working for chrc . They are a great company to work for. I would highly recommend anyone to join the chrc team . Being in the water treatment plant has given me the opportunity to further my work skills and obtain skills that are not achievable anywhere else.
Pros
Awesome super. Lots of training. Good hours.
Cons
Nil.
Lovely team of staff to work with but sad no alternatives options to further career with company.
I absolutely loved the area I worked in. However when the opportunity for reapplying for the position rose I was unsuccessful after all the training that was provided. No alternative's were offered example another area within the Council. Once the position was up you couldn't move to another potential position which arose in my time of employment. You really have to be very intelligent, and switched on. Would love to have stayed on with Council but there just weren't any opportunities at the time.
easy going with 9 day for night
a typical day starts with supervisors how can not plan a days work not much can be learn from the she'll be right attitude. management that cant manage there own time or work day. Hardest part of day deal with unorganised managers. best part of the day knock off
Overall a professional environment
Under the leadership of the new CEO, Council was being steered in a better more efficient direction. My day to day was extremely varied and enjoyable. I supported two Managers and their teams, this had it difficulty but both Managers were very flexible and were willing to cooperate with each other to get the job done.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Work / Life balance
Work appreciated
Days work roster would be written up daily
I learned a lot while at CHRC, ACDC Spraying

Identifying weeds and suitable spray

At time of leaving management was going through a large restructuring change

I got along with the staff, but I had a dislike for laziness

The hardest part of the job was brush-cutting and although I enjoyed all my duties, I got tennis elbow from excessive brush-cutting. I can do some but full 8 hours causes me severe pain in my elbow.

Mowing gave me the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Regular hours 9 day fortnight RDO second Fridays
Innovative, supportive and a great place to work
Each day was different and given that the role was Community Development it provided quite a lot of challenges. Management were supportive and the colleagues were only to keen to help or offer advice. The toughest part of the job was establishing or gaining a commitment from the local Indigenous community of Blackwater. The most enjoyable part of the position was having the opportunity to deliver programs and services throughout the region.
Pros
variety
Cons
community members contacting me outside of hours
Enjoyable workplace
Lovely environment and kind and helpful workmates.
Great variety in workplace.
Remote location. Good social environment
The position I held at CHRC was varied. I could be working in the airport office which was mainly my position, however due to staff shortages could then be cleaning the terminal including floors and toilets, which were cleaned after each flight or doing runway checks/bird management. I had a small staff of 4 on shifts.

One of the hardest parts to this position was the hours which could and were often up to 12 hours depending of flight delays, breakdowns and staff shortages.

I very much enjoyed dealing with the various customers ie Qantas, Virgin and various charter companies. I did all flight scheduling incoming and outgoing. I left this position as my husband accepted new employment in the Eurobodalla.
Pros
Local Government Job security
Cons
Long hours, staff shortages
great work hours
Got a learners licence for a hr vehicle, learnt to operate a loader and bobcat
Pros
great work hours
Cons
not treating all employees equal
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central Highlands Regional Council. Our community is ready to answer.
Central Highlands Regional Council Reviews by Location