Central Queensland University Employee Reviews

Multicultural environment
International Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 November 2018
Being a part of CQUniversity is a very good and powerful experience for me. Working inside universitie's multicultural environment, I learned so much about people, organization and also about myself. I learned how to deal with people with different personalities.
Good work life balance
Lecturer and Tutor (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 November 2018
Healthy corporate culture and a positive working environment. Staff are supportive of the students and make effort to cultivate understanding and deepen a professional relationship with each other.
No appreciation or respect.
Leading Vocational Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD22 April 2018
CQIT and CQU merged ( read CQU took over CQIT) five years ago, I worked for CQIT. The academics from CQUniversity treated us like garbage, and the management could not figure out how the VET industry worked. Since then it has gone from bad to worse with over half of the teachers leaving and not being replaced, all of the lower management are also gone, as are all of the admin support. Market share has dropped from over 70% to about 5%. You can then figure out what is expected of the teachers that are still there. To add to the misery, they recently forced a new EBA on the VET teachers which strips away all of the rights they used to have, and reduced annual leave from 9 weeks to 6 weeks per year, and reduced wages, some as much as 30% as they removed a pay scale for those teachers who held tertiary qualifications.
Pros
None.
Cons
Every7 aspect of the job.
Productive and welcoming staff members
Part-time/casual research assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD19 February 2018
Training and continual support towards research programs were well received. Community engagement were enjoyable to join, with assistant to achieve personal goals in public speaking.
Good work environment
Casual Accounting Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Sydney4 December 2017
Good management
Flexible time,
Not much general admin tasks and can concentrate on the academic task
Good leadership
Good workplace support
Good learning resources
A very challenging environment.
Enrolment Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC 300026 July 2017
A very challenging environment with an international culture, where everyboby is willing to help. A place where there is the possibility to start a professional career.
Good place but slow management
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 May 2017
Good place to work. People are friendly and cooperative. The only issue is with management. They are really slow in performing even the smallest of tasks. Other than that its a very good place to work flexible hours, one can even go on Sundays to finish their pending work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Slow Management
Hard work constant study and assessments long hour and committment is needed to get through.
Marketing, Agricultural Production Systems (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg South QLD22 February 2017
Long days and long nights, a lot of study and it is hard work when all of your friends are out having a great time relaxing or going to out. Family time is reduced.
Pros
Achievement
Cons
Lonely study on the weekends.
Very practical and fun based workplace
Teacher Automotive Electrical (Former Employee) –  Emerald (Outback of Australia)22 January 2017
During my time at CQU I was basically thrown in at the deep end as I had been employed to deliver an Automotive Electrical course. The course is a three stage course each stage being run over a twelve month period. My problem was that there were no classroom resources and very little practical resources. Over a twelve month period I designed and produced over twenty student resource workbooks which covered all the requirements for the course.
My duties also involved writing the theoretical assessments which included moderation and validation in accordance with the specifications for the Australian Training Council.
A huge learning curve.
The rewards were 100% success for the students and very positive feedback from students regarding the workbooks.
Pros
Left alone to get on with the job
Cons
Good holidays and team spirit
Balanced Academic - Medical and Applied Sciences (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD31 August 2016
Very good work/life balance and very competitive compensation. The location leaves something to be desired and the campus isn't very pretty. But all in all, a great pace to work.
Great culture for different university going places
Vice President and senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 August 2016
cQuniversity is an innovative and entrepreneurial university that is committed to our students and to becoming a great university.

We are one of the fastest growing universities in the country and are now a truly national university growing rapidly in world rankings.

We are progressive in nature, committed to getting things done and our work culture reflects that approach.
Pros
Great family friendly culture and multiple locations across the country
Cons
Long hours for some
Supportive environment with good people
Electrical TAFE Teacher (Former Employee) –  Emerald QLD9 June 2016
Hours of work were from 8 to 4:45, 4 days a week.
Knowledgeable staff who were willing to support.
Variety of classroom theory and practical teaching required.
Pros
Family friendly roster
Cons
not a competitive salary
Decent role
Audio Visual / Service Desk Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD28 April 2016
Technological and experiential skills are crucial for the role decent hours and decent pay, only regret is leaving. Would love to work there agian
Graduation Day Assistant
Graduation Day Assistant (Former Employee) –  sydney20 October 2015
I helped the university with students and their regalia's and i signed students into the the graduation and made sure that they went on the stage at the correct time.
CQU, is a university focused on the professional success of its students
Engineering Student (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton6 July 2015
Central Queensland University is a university in Australia that focuses on the acceleration of its students in their professional careers through internship and networking opportunities. It is most known for its courses in Engineering and Nursing, consequently focusing resources proportionally to these courses.
A well reputed University in Australia
PhD Researcher (Current Employee) –  Rockhampton, Australia28 May 2015
I worked in a project of the Central Queensland University as a part of my PhD study. I have learned so many things from here and enhanced my research ability.
Library Assistant
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW 200030 March 2015
As a library assistant I would do the shelving each day.
Assist students with queries
Would assist other areas of the Univeristy, such as graduations and enrolments
Project Officer - Office of Learning & Teaching (Current Employee) –  Nth Rockhampton QLD10 March 2015
CQUniversity is a family friendly environment that allows employees to work flexible around their family needs. I enjoy the networking with all stakeholders and love meeting people.
Cqu
PhD Researcher (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton, QLD1 February 2015
I was both a PhD scholarship student and Occasional Lecturer in IT, Human Factors and OHS subjects. I also consulted with the IT Department over their poor user interfaces on in-house systems.

A challenging and rewarding three years.
my education place
Animator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne vic19 November 2013
teacher are not really nice
not great salary