Cerebral Palsy Alliance
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

34: Cerebral Palsy Alliance Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Would 100% Recommend

Very rewarding position with great Managers and Staff. Lots of encouragement from CPA to advance studies and apply for higher positions within company. Good employee benefits and tax-free payments due to being a Non-for profit.

Pros

Tax-free pay, Long shifts, Lovely clients, Extensive training

Good place of work, if you are in the right team it is very supportive, purposeful engaging work.

Overall good place to work, I had many roles in my time at CPA, all offering many challenges and professional growth. Keep in mind, your 'why' in doing this role and keeping your mind open to new ideas and connecting with customers and the internal stakeholder. I have gained many insights and perspectives which will serve me well in my future career.

Pros

WFH flexibility when office role. Making connections with many clients, and staff over the years. Altruistic work.

Cons

Sometimes lacking management support in some areas of the business. Lack of empathy and diversity, Inclusion.

Rewarding and Amazing

I loved the workers and clients such a great and inclusive environment to be apart of and they are constantly providing on-going training which is paid for and you will be well looked after as an employee! Best work experience I have ever had.

Pros

Accommodate your hours worked preferences

Cons

N/a

Working at CPA is all passion and loves

Working at CPA has given me and mould me into a good support worker. The management are keen to help new staffs to do better their jobs. The management is supportive

Pros

The management is helpful

Cons

Staffs gossip

nice place to work

so far i am enjoying the job , the manager in my group home is nice and supportive .The only issue i am having is one of the old staff that have worked in the house for 15 years is too pushy , controlling and complaining in every thing you do . She always wants you to do things exactly in her own way which is wrong in any organisation . Every one can not do thing exactly in your own way . She been picking on every thing i do . so far i have reported to the manager to talk to her . She does,t have any authority to actually review my performance because she is not the manager . other staff are very supportive and nice

Cons

cutting down my hours

Excellent organisation

Wonderful place to work. Lots of support and fantastic team culture. Career progression is great. Senior Leadership team are good to work with. Always looking for ways to improve the lives of people with a disability

Great benefits

Great benefits and parking! Lack of communication in the department i worked in and left feeling blind sided. overall a nice place to work and very humbling

Too many staff employed for the job available Great training- restricted environment to use skills Poor - manager was inexperienced and unsupportive Workplace culture poor. Negative environment, staff unhappy, staff on edge in fear of losing job. The clients were wonderful however not suited for a lifestyles program. The clients money needed to be spent elsewhere because they were unable to participate in most activities being provided

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Many.

Awesome job with awesome positive people

I love my job in Individualised programs at cerebral Palsy alliance. Everyday I either get to hang out with a person I have become friends with and have a new adventure or I meet someone new and find out how I can change their lives for the better. Honestly the only downside to the job initially would possibly be that sometimes you may have to help with person care. However form experience you become fine with it fairly quickly once you get the training and start to know what your doing.

i enjoy every moment like bus run,feeding , going outing etc.

i feel like this is my second home where i work at the moment. i found everyone is helpful and working in a team and also leader is very much helpful.

Collaborative, inclusive and diverse culture

Everyone is very friendly, management are supportive and everyone is willing to give a hand. Salary is good, with many perks and there is an extensive training program to help you navigate your role.

n/a

all good but how is this related to my application ? CPA too over ADHC in my area in 2018 and so far everything has been okay. so far - no complaints.

Cerebal Palsy is Dynamic and Individual Focused

Cerebral Palsy has made a commitment to provide the best possible care to the people they support. Cerebral Palsy works hard with individuals, families, planners and staff to ensure that every client of theirs is maximizing their quality of life and changing lives for the better. Staff are well trained and most people drawn to the profession are positive hardworking individuals that share Cerebral Palsy's vision for the disabled people they support. Working with individuals with various disabilities requires support workers to be flexible and learn to actively listen. Many individual and group milestones are being achieved through the hard work of management, ground staff and most importantly each individual with a disability living their best life.

Poor wages, Howard type Enterprise Agreements & part FBT stripped!

Wages and penalties reduced due to Howard era enterprise agreements (only 110% for nights etc)... low hourly rates and part of FBT stripped away!!! Its a shame because the management and culture is pretty good.

my position made redundant after 19 years

Management culture changed after the name change No value for skill and experience. I enjoyed working with the staff and clients, volunteering taking calls after work 7 days

A very good place to work. Work culture is good. Better pay rates and benefits to staff than most other places.

The management of CPA is really good. Usually, the Support Worker has to work hard with clients who are mostly dependent on their personal care. Some Residential Facilities are under staffed and the support workers are highly stressed. Some senior support workers try to dominate, harass and control the casual staff. Clients are generally friendly except for a few elderly clients in one or two places. Centre managers are friendly and supportive. Has a great opportunity and CPA's own facilities for higher studies free of charge. Their training wing ensures that all staff skills are up to date by providing periodic training including Firstaid, cert III, and cert IV, free of charge to employees. Very good pay rates.

Pros

Training of staff, Good pay rates and benefits

Cons

Stressful work at some residential apartments

A wonderful place to work

Working for CPA was a fulfilling job opportunity. Everyone there had the same focus, which was to help others. I enjoyed the varied design work and the various online courses that I was required to complete.

Client communication 5 star

The greatest part about working for Cerebral Palsy Alliance is the communication and impact you can have on clients lives. Whether the clients require high or low needs, you can always have a positive impact that makes both of your days better.

Pros

Flexibility, Client interaction

A leading organisation - great people, meaningful work.

Each day I enjoy putting my skills and experience to good use in an organisation that thrives on making a difference in the lives of others, is driven to pave the way for the industry through both innovation and leadership, and advocates for clients and their families. For these reasons and many more, working with CPA gives me a wonderful feeling of contributing, and work fulfilment.

Pros

Colleagues, innovation, aspirational

Supportive and enabling workplace culture

I love how challenges and risks are seen as important obstacles to overcome, not reasons to avoid hard tasks. If it’s the right thing to do, CPA will back you, and this keeps our moral compass pointing true.

Pros

Great Work-life balance. Very supportive

Cons

Long spread geographically, means long drives

Great people. Opportunities to make a real difference.

The employees at Cerebral Palsy Alliance are a great group of people to work with. Everyone shares a common goal regardless of where they sit in the business and that's around delivering great outcomes for the clients. It's great to work in such an inclusive environment. In my role I get to use my skills and experience from previous roles. I really enjoy being trusted around trying new things and being innovative.

Pros

The organisation's commitment to being a leader in the market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cerebral Palsy Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Cerebral Palsy Alliance