Cerebral Palsy Alliance Employee Reviews

A wonderful place to work
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Sydney Northern Suburbs NSW13 December 2018
Working for CPA was a fulfilling job opportunity. Everyone there had the same focus, which was to help others.

I enjoyed the varied design work and the various online courses that I was required to complete.
Client communication 5 star
Disability Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Sydney3 December 2018
The greatest part about working for Cerebral Palsy Alliance is the communication and impact you can have on clients lives. Whether the clients require high or low needs, you can always have a positive impact that makes both of your days better.
Pros
Flexibility, Client interaction
A leading organisation - great people, meaningful work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Allambie Heights NSW25 October 2018
Each day I enjoy putting my skills and experience to good use in an organisation that thrives on making a difference in the lives of others, is driven to pave the way for the industry through both innovation and leadership, and advocates for clients and their families. For these reasons and many more, working with CPA gives me a wonderful feeling of contributing, and work fulfilment.
Pros
Colleagues, innovation, aspirational
Supportive and enabling workplace culture
Manager, South-West Accommodation (Current Employee) –  Prairiewood NSW23 October 2018
I love how challenges and risks are seen as important obstacles to overcome, not reasons to avoid hard tasks. If it’s the right thing to do, CPA will back you, and this keeps our moral compass pointing true.
Pros
Great Work-life balance. Very supportive
Cons
Long spread geographically, means long drives
Great people. Opportunities to make a real difference.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Allambie Heights NSW19 October 2018
The employees at Cerebral Palsy Alliance are a great group of people to work with. Everyone shares a common goal regardless of where they sit in the business and that's around delivering great outcomes for the clients. It's great to work in such an inclusive environment.

In my role I get to use my skills and experience from previous roles. I really enjoy being trusted around trying new things and being innovative.
Pros
The organisation's commitment to being a leader in the market.
Cerebral palsy
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Allambie Heights NSW8 October 2018
It’s a fine work place good people and clients it’s not for everyone great trainning induction. Always at different homes clients behaviour is hard and split shifts are common
Pros
Clients
Cons
Work life balance
Friendly experienced people to work with
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD30 August 2018
Well run organization focusing on improving peoples lives and enabling them to enjoy life to the fullest of their potential. Working closely with families and staff to achieve outcomes
Pros
Casual hours or permanent
Cons
Working in an relaxed environment
Great organisation, fun people
Emerge Leadership Program Participant (Former Employee) –  NSW18 April 2018
Great organisation, helped me develop my leadership skills and allowed me to network with mentors in the corporate sector.

I also improved my public speaking skills and was able to facilitate a fundraising project as part of the mentoring program
Fun and productive at times
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 November 2017
Not paid enough money compared to the job that needs to be done! All staff need to be trained and qualified in medication, driving the van, tube feeding and other personal care needs. All
Employees start as a casual after 6 months can become a permanent staff member
Pros
Early starts
Cons
Not enough money
Supporting those with Cerebral Palsy
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ryde NSW3 November 2017
Working with those who have cerebral palsy which can be tough but it really helps the lives of those who suffer from it. It involves doing general tasks with them and taking them out for activities and functions.
Can be fun but higher management is less than adequate
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wallsend NSW16 August 2017
Onsite houses are great. Higher management can be difficult to deal with- clients are beautiful and most house staff are caring and friendly. Mostly recommended
My colleagues are fabulous
Management (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 April 2017
Like all work spaces its the people you work with and for that make the difference between a great day and tough day. Luckily I had great colleagues and most of our days were and are great.
Pros
Close to the beach
Cons
Head Office
Great environment to work in,good opportunities to advance
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney Northern Suburbs NSW17 January 2017
great place to work,feel supported,encouraged,plenty of resourses,great staff and clients, plenty of overtime and on board training available to all staff who are keen
Productive, Fun & Active
Volunteer worker (Former Employee) –  321 Monavale Rd Terrey Hills NSW 21007 December 2015
Program Volunteer I did is transition to work program give me an experienced in team to support and help my goal. I have to learn a lot of valuable independent skill. Working together with people from indigenous background, people from cultural & linguistically, diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities are encourage to joint in on that work place.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Good work colleagues and work environment
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Allambie Heights, NSW3 September 2014
It is very interesting and interactive workplace with great opportunities to learn new skills.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Challenging clients
job with so much learning skills
Community Educator (Former Employee) –  sydney NSW15 December 2013
Really enjoyed working with this company. Would recommend it to anybody. learned my various ways to communicate with adults and children's with disability.
Good learning experience, Good teams working within homes
Fulltime Carer (Former Employee) –  Sydney Northern Beaches4 November 2013
This was my first serious job working inside of the health profession. So naturally it was a real learning experience.
My typical day would be starting early in the morning at one of two group homes with 5 residents in each.
The weekly morning shift included getting all clients up and ready (with the assistance of another worker) for their day.
Incl: Transfer from bed, Shower, PC, Clothing, Breakfast, Packed lunch for the day and all other belongings to go with client.
Cleaning, making beds and washing. On occasion someone would stay home and i would stay to assist.
When the residents come home in the evening, there would be afternoon snacks, showers and activities, dinner and all support to get in bed in time to finish shift at 930 pm.
I completed a number of training courses through the company including,
Bowel care, What is CP, First Aid, Tube Feeding, Health and Safety,
Sexual Harassment, Medication, Work relations, Motor Neurons, food preparation and general knowledge.
I found my experience with the company life changing at the point of time and am very appreciative of all the relationships created.
Pros
good people
Cons
inflexible hours
Full of variety each day
Disability Support Worker  (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW8 June 2013
Assisting of prep kitchen work, care of disabled adults and on special outings designed for their experience.