Cerebral Palsy Alliance
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cerebral Palsy Alliance Employee Reviews

Australia29 reviews
Excellent organisation
Wonderful place to work. Lots of support and fantastic team culture. Career progression is great. Senior Leadership team are good to work with. Always looking for ways to improve the lives of people with a disability
Great benefits
Great benefits and parking!
Lack of communication in the department i worked in and left feeling blind sided. overall a nice place to work and very humbling
Too many staff employed for the job available Great training- restricted environment to use skills Poor - manager was inexperienced and unsupportive
Too many staff employed for the job available
Great training- restricted environment to use skills

Poor - manager was inexperienced and unsupportive

Workplace culture poor. Negative environment, staff unhappy, staff on edge in fear of losing job. The clients were wonderful however not suited for a lifestyles program. The clients money needed to be spent elsewhere because they were unable to participate in most activities being provided
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Many.
Awesome job with awesome positive people
I love my job in Individualised programs at cerebral Palsy alliance. Everyday I either get to hang out with a person I have become friends with and have a new adventure or I meet someone new and find out how I can change their lives for the better.

Honestly the only downside to the job initially would possibly be that sometimes you may have to help with person care. However form experience you become fine with it fairly quickly once you get the training and start to know what your doing.
i enjoy every moment like bus run,feeding , going outing etc.
i feel like this is my second home where i work at the moment. i found everyone is helpful and working in a team and also leader is very much helpful.
Collaborative, inclusive and diverse culture
Everyone is very friendly, management are supportive and everyone is willing to give a hand. Salary is good, with many perks and there is an extensive training program to help you navigate your role.
n/a
all good but how is this related to my application ? CPA too over ADHC in my area in 2018 and so far everything has been okay. so far - no complaints.
Cerebal Palsy is Dynamic and Individual Focused
Cerebral Palsy has made a commitment to provide the best possible care to the people they support. Cerebral Palsy works hard with individuals, families, planners and staff to ensure that every client of theirs is maximizing their quality of life and changing lives for the better. Staff are well trained and most people drawn to the profession are positive hardworking individuals that share Cerebral Palsy's vision for the disabled people they support. Working with individuals with various disabilities requires support workers to be flexible and learn to actively listen. Many individual and group milestones are being achieved through the hard work of management, ground staff and most importantly each individual with a disability living their best life.
Poor wages, Howard type Enterprise Agreements & part FBT stripped!
Wages and penalties reduced due to Howard era enterprise agreements (only 110% for nights etc)... low hourly rates and part of FBT stripped away!!!

Its a shame because the management and culture is pretty good.
my position made redundant after 19 years
Management culture changed after the name change
No value for skill and experience. I enjoyed working with the staff and clients, volunteering taking calls after work 7 days
A very good place to work. Work culture is good. Better pay rates and benefits to staff than most other places.
The management of CPA is really good. Usually, the Support Worker has to work hard with clients who are mostly dependent on their personal care. Some Residential Facilities are under staffed and the support workers are highly stressed. Some senior support workers try to dominate, harass and control the casual staff. Clients are generally friendly except for a few elderly clients in one or two places. Centre managers are friendly and supportive. Has a great opportunity and CPA's own facilities for higher studies free of charge. Their training wing ensures that all staff skills are up to date by providing periodic training including Firstaid, cert III, and cert IV, free of charge to employees. Very good pay rates.
Pros
Training of staff, Good pay rates and benefits
Cons
Stressful work at some residential apartments
A wonderful place to work
Working for CPA was a fulfilling job opportunity. Everyone there had the same focus, which was to help others.

I enjoyed the varied design work and the various online courses that I was required to complete.
Client communication 5 star
The greatest part about working for Cerebral Palsy Alliance is the communication and impact you can have on clients lives. Whether the clients require high or low needs, you can always have a positive impact that makes both of your days better.
Pros
Flexibility, Client interaction
A leading organisation - great people, meaningful work.
Each day I enjoy putting my skills and experience to good use in an organisation that thrives on making a difference in the lives of others, is driven to pave the way for the industry through both innovation and leadership, and advocates for clients and their families. For these reasons and many more, working with CPA gives me a wonderful feeling of contributing, and work fulfilment.
Pros
Colleagues, innovation, aspirational
Supportive and enabling workplace culture
I love how challenges and risks are seen as important obstacles to overcome, not reasons to avoid hard tasks. If it’s the right thing to do, CPA will back you, and this keeps our moral compass pointing true.
Pros
Great Work-life balance. Very supportive
Cons
Long spread geographically, means long drives
Great people. Opportunities to make a real difference.
The employees at Cerebral Palsy Alliance are a great group of people to work with. Everyone shares a common goal regardless of where they sit in the business and that's around delivering great outcomes for the clients. It's great to work in such an inclusive environment.

In my role I get to use my skills and experience from previous roles. I really enjoy being trusted around trying new things and being innovative.
Pros
The organisation's commitment to being a leader in the market.
Cerebral palsy
It’s a fine work place good people and clients it’s not for everyone great trainning induction. Always at different homes clients behaviour is hard and split shifts are common
Pros
Clients
Cons
Work life balance
Friendly experienced people to work with
Well run organization focusing on improving peoples lives and enabling them to enjoy life to the fullest of their potential. Working closely with families and staff to achieve outcomes
Pros
Casual hours or permanent
Cons
Working in an relaxed environment
Great organisation, fun people
Great organisation, helped me develop my leadership skills and allowed me to network with mentors in the corporate sector.

I also improved my public speaking skills and was able to facilitate a fundraising project as part of the mentoring program
Fun and productive at times
Not paid enough money compared to the job that needs to be done! All staff need to be trained and qualified in medication, driving the van, tube feeding and other personal care needs. All
Employees start as a casual after 6 months can become a permanent staff member
Pros
Early starts
Cons
Not enough money
Supporting those with Cerebral Palsy
Working with those who have cerebral palsy which can be tough but it really helps the lives of those who suffer from it. It involves doing general tasks with them and taking them out for activities and functions.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cerebral Palsy Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.