Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CGG Employee Reviews

We turn geophysical data into actionable information. Our internationally acclaimed subsurface imaging centers apply innovative methods to get the most out of potential field, borehole seismic and surface seismic data. Specialty algorithms cope with extremes of structure, velocity contrasts and anisotropy while imaging subsalt reservoirs, heterogeneous shale plays and bypassed hydrocarbons in mature fields. 4D processing identifies changes over time in fluid, pressure and stress. Broadband processing draws out thin beds and small sedimentary traps. Project output ranges from feasibility studies to interpretation and reservoir characterization-ready volumes
Everyone that gets a call from this company, just know that they are a scam. They took me for $2800. I had questions and with all my research that I did I thought they were legit. I should have gone with my gut. The interview process was the weirdest I have ever been through. i'm an intelligent person and they actually fooled me. I really should've known better. If it sounds to good to be true it is. They sent me a check and I deposited it to give to a vendor for the equipment that was needed to do the job. They insisted on there own equipment, because of confidentiality. I did my research and the website was great. There were more happy employees than unhappy. I did question it all the way through and they were so convincing. They asked me to deposit a check and send to their vendor for the equipment. I did it. Than they let me know it wasn't enough. They sent me another check. I asked about why they didn't just send the money to the vendors themselves, and they said I'd get the equipment faster this say. After the second request to deposit another check I called the bank the first check was drawn from and found it was fraudulent. Please don't anyone fall for this scam. They are good. The website looks totally legit.
Pros
Cons
scam
Travail d'équipe en harmonie. Èchange entre les collaborateurs à distance entre plusieurs pays du monde. Milieu chaleureux. Parfois stressante due a une mauvaise organisation de la direction.
Pros
Beaucoup d'avantages tels que des bonus, primes, et CE
Cons
mauvaise organisation des secteurs
Très bonne expérience et de nombreuses possibilités de progression en interne.
It was a pleasure working for CGG. The company has many benefits for the employees. The only thing is that they are not very fast at taking decisions and it can be very bureauchratic sometimes.
The pay may be good but a fair work-life balance can be difficult to maintain.
There's plenty of free food available plus an on-site cafe.so that you don't need to leave the office.

Some of the people are friendly and helpful.

The layout is open plan, supposedly to foster team discussion, but that doesn't work well.
This is a slave camp. you have to work to 8 pm everyday to secure you job. If you have green card, if you can find another place to work, go there. Any company is better than CGG.
Je travaille depuis 2007 à ce jour-là dans une société internationale spécialisée dans le domaine de la géophysique (CGG) Tunisie. Après cette bonne expérience je confirme que j'avais la chance d'être a cote de ce merveilleuse équipe, et d’avoir des collègues de travail d’une telle qualité professionnelle et humaine.je suis très fière d'être un employé a CGG.
Merci à tout le monde a CGG
It is a great company to work for, except they lay off people so easily.
But it was a very nice place. Good and nice people. Vey nice offices and location. Technology is good enough but they have relatively small software department, so you cannot compare with the tech capacity and advance of big companies such as JPMorgan.
Entreprise dont on part avec regret
Beaucoup davantages
je ne souhaite pas soumettre un avis, les postes changent, le mangement aussi.
but need to work like a bee.
learned all about the legacy code in Fortran 77 in their private framework, not much growth being a SDE.

poor management, your boss is the boss.

most enjoyable of the job is free lunch.
E un lavoro prettamente notturno ma tutto sommato da anche le sue soddisfazioni naturalmente dipende dai punti di vista
Loved my time working for CGG marine. 21 years offshore, but poor upper management decisions resulted in the company selling the marine division. As a manager on a seismic vessel I had the authority to make decisions autonomously. Work schedule was 5 weeks onboard / 5 weeks off.
Pros
Travel / good benefits / fair wages
Cons
Stressful / poor upper manangment
Nice place to work as long as you have a cool boss.

Can be really cold

Some of the people are less than intelligent

But some are pretty cool
Travail parfois dur physiquement et qui peut comporter des risques selon les terrains et la situation politique des pays prospectés.
L'entreprise a une politique de sécurité très pointue qui pallie largement ces risques.

Le prospecteur a la vie belle puisqu'il est nourri et logé et gagne très bien sa vie
Cette société m'a permis de découvrir du pays et de faire de belles rencontres
monitoring production jobs scheduling by resource team
guide team members of active jobs running

ensure safety environment

monitoring chiller and pump to provide air con to data centre
Pros
flecible break
Cons
average working hours
I like working for this company. This company is a good hands on and they are willing to train you if you don't have much experience, and they have plenty of tools to let you use if you don't have any until you buy your own
Pros
Allowed to use phone when needed
Cons
Alot of walking
This is a company that in the Geoscience business hardly meets objective as they dont have enought Reservoir Projects.
The Geosicence managmente are not friendly nor the co-workers.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Stressfull and management pressure
Empresa donde se promueve el desarrollo de soft skills y el equilibrio del trabajo con la vida personal. Muy buen ambiente donde todos cumplen sus funciones de manera profesional