Challenge Community Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Challenge Community Services Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews
Team leader was really great and supportive.The current supervisor was really good to work with. For years that I have worked in disability support, it is very rare for a “Support worker” to have a chance to really work collaboratively with more senior staff and feel valued as part of the team. We have a great team, with really great sensible support workers just doing the best for the clients.
The job was stressful and clients behaviours were very hard to deal with. Upper management did not seem to care. There was not many training opportunities and they did not give many opportunities to move up in the company.
Pros
Good team and good work life balance
Cons
Not many opportunities and client behaviours.
A typical day is stressful in the day programs, I learned that management likes to divide and conquer. The clients are great to work with but if your not in the little clique that upper management supports then basically your on your own.
Corruption and egos are running the show at the highest levels.
On the floor, there is a lot of gossip amongst staff and backstabbing.

I have witnessed poor treatment of the clients. If you put in a formal complaint, you will be made to feel like the problem.

There is no support throughout the complaint process and the woman in charge of the HR department is a cancer on the face of humanity
Petty and choose any opportunity to dismiss even after given information requested..... I understand why they go through so many employees.i would not recommend them as an employer
Good people in Brisbane/Ipswich workforce.
Difficult to get enough work with management always advertising for more workers- does not add up. Had to join another company to get some work.
Very good working for them. I had lots of support and great staff to help you when needed. Would recommend challenge to anyone looking for work. Great
I generally enjoyed my time at Challenge. The work was enjoyable and the clients provided many rewarding experiences. At times the pressure to do extra shifts became quite difficult, particularly if the clients had difficult behaviours. Support from co-workers was wonderful.
Higher management enables work place bullying, cronyism and favourtism.

The greatest part is working with people with disabilities who give so much!
When I first start my job in this company I enjoy a lot working here. It's too beneficial working with this company.I learned all the responsibility to be done by cleaner.
Pros
Break for 30 minutes
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Challenge Community Services?
Awesome people, supportive management, excellent team culture and a great work/life balance. The best work environment I've ever been part of which is very important given the emotionally charged environment we work in.
Pros
Supportive Team Culture
Cons
Emotionally challenging work
its a good job. the people and customers are lovely to be around.
it was clean and very tidy. the layout is also good. I love helping others who need help.
Pros
smiles
Cons
constantly busy
Was a great company, amazing participants, great work environment and team members.
Each day was a different experience.

I experienced the elderly, the young children and the in between age groups.
A great company to work for, challenge provided me with the ability to work with some wonderful clients and foster families. challenge enabled me to gain the experience and confidence to become an excellent caseworker
Pros
work life blance
Cons
high expectations and less management support
Challenge is a great place to work if you love supporting people. People seem to appreciate the work you do for them which can be very rewarding. Like all community service organisations, the SCHADS makes recognising people a little hard.
Pros
The people and the customers
Cons
Note writing
A fantastic organisation to be a part of - great culture, supportive and understanding staff and management and a rewarding role where you can be proud of what you're helping to achieve.
Having worked in a few Organisations, both national and multi national, it's really refreshing to join an Organisation where you can really make a difference.

The interview was heavily focused around my appetite to be innovative, the workplace culture supports this and due to going through a period of growth there are many different things to get involved with.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice Scheme, relaxed work environment, flexible hours
Cons
A challenging Sector to operate in but rewarding at the same time
good staff. easy work place.
amazing clients! its all worth it honestly. its great working for challenge community services. long hours but its good...
Pros
good people
Cons
spend waaaay to much money v
great place to work with fun and loving staff always ready to help any way they can.
management great and supportive.

a great place to work and learn from
Staff turnover was the highest I have seen. Support from management was non-existent as everyone was trying to protect themselves. It appeared staff were promoted to their level of incompetence and therefore could not provide satisfactory support to those below them.
Very challenging with too many bosses working to their own agenda. Often the managers are straight from Uni, with no experience whatsoever in child related employment. Let alone children with trauma and mental health issues.