Chandler Macleod

Chandler Macleod Employee Reviews

Australia140 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Good if you're looking for temporary, casual or on call work allowing for flexibility for other commitments.

I found Chandler Macleod were reliable, helpful, approachable and quick to place me in work and give me regular ongoing shifts at the same time allowing me flexibility to work offered shifts around my other commitments.

20 January 2022
Thank you for leaving a lovely review and for your kind words! It makes us very happy here at Chandler Macleod that you're having a positive experience as we love making customers like you happy. Have a great day and thanks again for the review!

Collaborative workplace focused on employee satisfaction and wellbeing.

I applied and interviewed for an expression of interest for admin work with Chandler Macleod, expecting to get some temp work. I was hired to work directly for Chandler Macleod and couldn't be happier, it is clear to me that everyone here cares about each other and the employees we hire.

Treat employees poorly

They wanted us to work full time hours but were too cheap to pay benefit like sick leave and annual leave. They gave us very little notice about the contract ending and there was a sense they didn't care about the employees at all

26 July 2022
Hello,We appreciate you sharing your thoughts here and we are very sorry to hear about this experience.Chandler Macleod takes these matters seriously. We’d like to understand what happened and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to get in contact with us directly at contactus@chandlermacleod.com with your name and contact number so we can try and assist you.Thanks again for your review. We wish you all the best in your career.

6 Mth casual work/ contract

Chandler McLeod was professional in all regards with my dealings with them.My direct contact was supportive all the way through my application process for the customer.I recommend working for them.

2 May 2022
Hello, thanks for sharing your positive experience with our teams. Your review is really helpful to us and we appreciate your support and recommendation!

Lucky Company

I know everyone has a different experience working with Chandler Macleod which is some good and bad. For me, CM is the best contractor I ever worked with. Look after their workers, and highly patience.

2 May 2022
Hello, thanks for sharing your positive experience with our teams. We value your customer feedback as as our teams work hard to match and support local candidates in jobs that bring out their best! Have a lovely day.

Good pay that’s about it

The way they treat there staff is awful and really bad for your mental health, the only good thing about working for this company was the pay, they take you not being able to work personally and cut your shifts, before I left there wasn’t even a roster anymore such unfair treatment

2 May 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are here to help our customers and offer opportunities by matching candidates to jobs that bring out their best. We would like to understand what happened here so please don’t hesitate to email us at contactus@chandlermacleod.com and provide your contact number.

Great team

Great team and great manager, very friendly and relaxed but everyone works super hard to get the job doneOnly downside is not much room for promotion

27 February 2022
Hi , thank you for leaving us a review! It makes us very happy here at Chandler Macleod that you had a positive experience when working with our team. We have also taken your feedback on board as we are continuously working on ways we can strengthen overall employee satisfaction to not only empower our people but also the customers we support. Thanks again for your review and we wish you all the best in your career.

Toxic and Unhealthy

Very Toxic and unhealthy environment, co workers constantly complain and talk badly about their clients and each other. Also no proper training provided for the role just thrown in the deep end

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Bullying, toxic, no training

28 February 2022
Hi, thank you for leaving us a constructive review. Chandler Macleod takes these matters seriously and we want to assure you we have taken on your feedback as we are continuously working on how we can strengthen overall employee satisfaction to not only empower our people but also the customers we support. We’d also like to understand what happened and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to get in contact with us directly at contactus@chandlermacleod.com with your name and contact number so we can try and assist you.

Constant payroll issues. Never paid on time.

Worked as a contractor for Chandler Macleod. Never again! The worst experience I ever had as a contractor anywhere. Firstly they lied about PAYG with-holding tax. Then, over the course of my contract there were ongoing issues with payroll refusing to release my wages despite timesheets being signed and approved. There was never any notice given of any problem and the first you knew about any issue was when wages weren't paid on payday. Zero stars.

Pros

Zero.

Cons

This company doesn't care about contractors, All they are interested in is making their commissions, They are nothing but parasites.

27 January 2022
Hello, We appreciate you sharing your thoughts here and we are very sorry to hear about this experience. Chandler Macleod takes these matters seriously. We’d like to understand what happened and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to get in contact with us directly at contactus@chandlermacleod.com with your name and contact number so we can try and assist you. Thanks again for your review. We wish you all the best in your career.

Productive, daily standup meeting and diverse tasks.

For a typical day at work, I help customers with claims, linking services to Mygov account and with Mygov issues. I have learnt a lot since I started. I have received many trainings. These trainings include Covid 19 disaster payments, disaster recovery claims, reporting employment incomes and rent assistance.Management is friendly, supportive and proactive. I joined at the time when most Australian states and Territories were under the lockdowns. The management acted with care and we were allowed to work from homes. While working from homes, there were resources in place to support us.Workplace culture is friendly, inclusive, collaborative and fun. We attend daily standup meeting where we meet face to face.The hardest part of the job is that change is rapid. This means we have to learn new things from time to time within a short time. The most enjoyable part of the job is constant learning and friendly team.

19 December 2021
Thank you for leaving a lovely review and for your kind words! It makes us very happy here at Chandler Macleod that you are having a positive experience in your role as we love making customers like you happy. Have a great day and thanks again for the review!

Productive and dedicated to professionalism

A nice company to work with although they do not interfere when the hiring company stops you from working. I suggest they need to find out from the hiring company why an employee's job is terminated.

30 August 2021
Hello, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. If you have any unanswered questions in relation to your role, please feel free to get in contact with us directly at contactus@chandlermacleod.com with your contact number.

Every job ive worked for was a little stressful

Good pay god jobs but when you have trouble with other workers or you have a medical there's no help for that it's instantly you have no more job even though you worked some were for 5 months your job is pretty much lost that's the downful for working for them .some nice people work for the company and some are really horrible and rude .

Pros

Always got alot of hours and good pay

Cons

Dont back you up when you need them to

29 August 2021
Hello, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn’t what you expected. We are here to help and offer opportunities that empowers and unleashes potential. We would like to understand what happened here so please don’t hesitate to email us at contactus@chandlermacleod.com and provide your contact number. We will do our best to help you and make this better.

Great company. They look after their employees.

They look after their employees. Provide uniform.High emphasis on employees safety. Good salary and pay for accommodation and food allowance. The head office are very helpfull.

Pros

Good pay. Provide uniform and all safety gear.

29 August 2021
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write up a review and for the great rating. We love making a positive difference to employees like you! Have a great day and thanks again!

Great supportive management, communication is good. All policies are great, and up to date. Great work environment.

I Worked on naval ships @ Potts Point.Great environment.Management were nice to communicate with, they were understanding.Apprentices respect their tradespeople, and their seniors. Apprentices are all willing to learn & extend their knowledge and skills of the trade.The typical day, was learning the orientation of the base, ships, the legislation of paperwork, and procedures.The hardest part for me, was the long walking with material. I tried a trolley for my tools, but was difficult lugging the trolley about on the ship.The best part of each day, was lunch breaks, sitting outside, on the waters edge, watching fish, birds. Peaceful.There is a lunchroom provided on other side of the site, but travelling there and back is on your time. There are a few Tucker / Food shops on site.Parking is free, once the parking pass is given.5mins walk from parking area to the site, then another 5-10mins walking through the naval base to the work shed.

Pros

Free secure parking, easy going work pace. Great work environment. Personal locker is provided. No timesheets to fill out, as Bundy Card is given.

Cons

Travelling to lunchrooms is on your time. Cannot bundy out until 5mins to leaving, and may take 15mins until you get to your car. Afternoon traffic from the city is as normal, horrible.

29 August 2021
Hello,Thank you for leaving a review and rating! It makes us very happy here at Chandler Macleod that you had a positive experience. Have a great day and thanks again for the review!

May be I am and my gentle behaviour not suitable for some employees!

I have worked under their management over two years. Company policy Fair and good but we as a human character everyone not good for every time due to our too much social needs! We hate each other for our very small needs to enjoy too much during our alive time, after death we all same way treated by our beloved me family members

Pros

Do not understand!

Cons

Do not understand!

Wellbeing & Communication

I have really enjoyed my time with Chandler Macleod. Joining my team over a year ago I was impressed and optimistic by their high tenure rate. I feel I have grown my skillset and had a more diverse workload than in my entire career. I took the opportunity for another level of autonomy as I led my own projects, while still always feeling like I had a strong support system. In my experience there were many opportunities to learn and develop within Chandler Macleod. I also feel the company was more invested in wellbeing, with wellness programs and advice - which I really value in an employer.

Pros

Flexibility, Communication, Professional team members, Diverse workload, Opportunities to develop

Cons

Large company means it can be hard to get to know everyone

Great flexibility and management

I work within the corporate team and have found the flexibility and understanding to be amazing. KPI's are regularly set and reviewed and the management teams are great communicators. My experience during the COVID-19 challenge has been even better, with the leadership teams taking a very clear 'people first' approach and prioritising both physical and mental health.

Pros

Flexibility, working conditions, management teams

worst experience ever

I've never had any issues with any of my previous employers and never experienced unfair treatment. But chandler is completely different story. They don't care about their employees and never provide them with the necessary support. If you want to raise a concern... no point to do it. No one listens and they blame you for their lack of professionalism. Ontop of that, they

29 August 2021
Hello,We are very sorry to hear about this experience and that you are feeling this way. This is never our intention and we apologise. We’d like to understand what happened and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to get in contact with us directly at contactus@chandlermacleod.com with your contact number so we can try and help you.

Do not apply

Do not apply for any jobs Chandler MacLeod has any part in. They're very unhelpful with no representation in the workplace. They come in once in a blue moon to read us the riot act. They pay little considering how much they get paid for finding us. They give no support and run a dictator-like establishment. Do yourself a favour and look for other contractors offering positions for the same job.

Pros

Cons

Stessful, no support, talk down to you.

29 August 2021
Hello,Thanks for your feedback and we’re sorry that from this experience we let you down. We’d like to understand what happened and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to get in contact with us directly at contactus@chandlermacleod.com with your contact number so we can try and help you.

LHAM went over and above, was very supportive .

Was contracted by Macleod, so didnt work in their team per say, The team I did work with was fantastic and I maintain friendships with many from that site. Macleods mamagememt was flexible and progressed with the times during a difficult phase for the country and team.

29 August 2021
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write up a review. We love making a positive difference to customers like you! We appreciate the kind words. Have a great day and thanks again for the review!

Not great

Chandler Macleod aren’t real worried about their workers as opposed to their clients, they also aren’t real attentive when it comes to your concerns. Do yourself a favour and don’t bother with them.

Pros

Cons

Leaving them

29 August 2021
Hello,Thanks for your feedback and we’re sorry that from this experience we let you down. We are here to help our customers and offer opportunities that empowers and unleashes potential. We would like to understand what happened so please feel free to email us at contactus@chandlermacleod.com and provide your contact number. We will do our best to help you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chandler Macleod. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Chandler Macleod