Chandler Macleod

Chandler Macleod Employee Reviews for Factory Worker

Factory Worker5 reviews
Australia5 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Great employers, but depends on the work they give you.

I had a fantastic time working for Chandler Macleod, doing 6 months as a factory operator in Perth. The job was relatively simple but the people, pay and management of the place were all fantastic. However there's a huge caveat in the fact that I was doing agency style work so I just got lucky with the place I was given. After the job ended 6 months later, the next factory they sent me to was terrible, low paid and boring. I suddenly felt like I wasn't very valued at all, just a cog in their machine, even after all the praise I'd been given from management at the previous place.

Pros

Some of the work they find can be great. Overtime pay too.

Cons

At the end of the day it's all down to chance. You're just a tool for them really.

Excellent

CMG is a very good agency to work with it has a good hourly rate, and I have work for it before back in Griffith NSW under Baiyada...and I look forward for working for it again.

Cons

A joke!

So I did my induction at Steggles with Chandler on the 22nd August 2018. I was told I should be starting the following week so I made sure I had all my affairs in order with my kids. Come the following week I contacted them twice that week as I had not heard a peep out of them. They had told me they had not heard from the plant and that they would see right to it. Little did I know this would turn out to be the start of many calls being made from my end trying to find out when I was to start! I have had many "we'll get back to you as soon as we can" and "the person that you need to speak to isn't in at the moment, can we take a message?" I have never dealt with such unprofessional people in my life! It is now 3rd of December and I have already made a call this week and Chandler answering with a "we'll get back to you this afternoon" (which never happened!). Be weary!

Can be very hard at times. depends what job you were doing. but did learn computing.

Loading carton onto pallets and labeling them for dispatch. Learnt how to print labels and paper work from computer Bad management had some good co-workers and some not very helpful. Hardest part of job back of line loading section onto conveyors. nothing enjoyable about job.

ok to work with

ok to work with, not good with dipute management between workers and employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chandler Macleod. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chandler Macleod with

• Chandler Macleod
  • Factory Worker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?