Charles Sturt University

48: Charles Sturt University Employee Reviews

Australia48 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Excellent job.

I have learned so many things from this job like presentation, problem solving, answering to students queries, meeting other staff weekly and refresh my own costing and financial reporting knowledge by discoursing PASS sessions to peer students.

Productive and knowledgeable work place.

The experience i got as a pass leader in Charles Sturt was very valuable. It helped me to enhance and share my knowledge with junior batch mates. Also Charles Sturt is a lovely place to study as well as to work.

Pros

Experience

Worse place to work

Management is terrible treat workers really bad most workers have mental health brake downs due to the stress unnecessary put on them by management expectations are extremely high for workers to go well and above there duties they expected workers to work in dangerous situations

Pros

Good money

Cons

Bad management

Working with like minded people to educate students to take on the duties in NSW police force

Well developed and continuous improvement of lesson plans and utilisation of staff with operational policing experience. A learning by doing approach.

Pros

Great people to work with who were committed to deliver quality outcomes

Enjoyed my time with csu

Productive, collaborative, friendly workplace. Busy role but always had staff to support me and assist or guide. Excellent work life balancw with flexibility in start and finish times and 35hr week. Woul drecommend.

Pros

Flexibility in work hours

Cons

Lack of job security

Excellent work culture

Excellent workplace to be in. Enjoyed every moment. Typical Australian university with balanced work-life ethos. Good team-mates who makes your feel at home.

Mostly great people. Management style has changed over the years.

Was a friendly, family orientated organisation when I started. Learned a great deal during my employment in several divisions and departments. Most staff were fantastic, right up to the top. With changes in the management through retirement and leaving, staff morale had slumped by the time I left.

No place for ambitious person

If you like a challenge this is not the place for you. If you are ambitious and seek a promotion this is not the place for you. This is a teacher focused environment where the lesson plans are given to you and you have to adhere to them rigorously. There is no room for creativity in your lesson plan.

great place to work

friendly staff, they teach us a lot on how to run a successful work place. i have enjoyed my time working here and valued my job. i recommend working here.

Very Good Atmosphere with supportive staff

It was an awesome experience working with Charles Sturt University. Very supportive and motivated staff who are always there to help. From Student to Employee, Charles Sturt University played a great role for my career.

Good place to work and study

Was fun being a student on reslife and a residential advisor. The job was full on at the start but eased off through the year. Highly recommend to someone living on campus.

Productive and Fun Workplace

Enable me to feel valued and I have achieve their full support. They value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Got a lot of life experiences from their.

Pros

Personality development

Cons

short tenure ( was Part time)

Dynamic institution

Great management and workplace culture. All staff were fully supported to ensure the best academic outcomes were achieved from our students. Fantastic tutorial support provided.

Institution, to make you professional

Working environement is so friendly and staff is mery much cooperative that attracts you to work in such a nice environment. I recommend to work with CSU.

Fun workplace

CSU is committed to helping staff balance their work and life commitments while meeting the operational needs of the University. They offer a range of flexible options and work progression for their staff.

its a good venue where student can practice professionalism

It was a great experience for me as i have learned how to work with people in all sorts of life. From directors, students, to suppliers. • Facilitated, supported and coordinated all activities of the student council • Headed the promotion for extra-curricular programs for the students • Planned and arranged all meetings with the members • Help the students in their issues and problems • Represent the Melbourne Campus in the inter-campus meetings

Excellent community and work

CSU offers an excellent work environment, with great services both on and off campus. Casual student work is amazingly flexible and fits in well with study and work balance

Pros

Free counselling as student/staff, Up-to-date on tech

great place to work

I would love a permanent full time job with CSU, it was the best. Great culture and benefits. My role was casual, management was great! Would recommend

Pros

casual

Cons

a project

Worked as a STEP leader. Enjoyed the role and the challenges. Talking to students and working around Admin staff helped me to grow as a leader. I had a wonderful time working there.

Incredible Experience, Wish I Didn't Have to Leave!

I absolutely adored working here and the people I worked with! The only reason I had to leave was due to university commitments, but I wish I could have stayed just to continue my career here. Although I was just a receptionist, I was treated as a friend, if not family, by all the staff and students.

Pros

Flexible shift times

Cons

Some late hours

Good and easy going people

Its good for any kind of person to start their career at this place. there is so much to learn everyday. Fun part is you can meet so many different people from different background.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Need more facilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Sturt University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Charles Sturt University with