Charles Sturt University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Charles Sturt University Employee Reviews

Australia43 reviews
Excellent workplace to be in. Enjoyed every moment. Typical Australian university with balanced work-life ethos. Good team-mates who makes your feel at home.
Was a friendly, family orientated organisation when I started. Learned a great deal during my employment in several divisions and departments.
Most staff were fantastic, right up to the top.

With changes in the management through retirement and leaving, staff morale had slumped by the time I left.
If you like a challenge this is not the place for you. If you are ambitious and seek a promotion this is not the place for you. This is a teacher focused environment where the lesson plans are given to you and you have to adhere to them rigorously. There is no room for creativity in your lesson plan.
friendly staff, they teach us a lot on how to run a successful work place. i have enjoyed my time working here and valued my job. i recommend working here.
It was an awesome experience working with Charles Sturt University. Very supportive and motivated staff who are always there to help. From Student to Employee, Charles Sturt University played a great role for my career.
Was fun being a student on reslife and a residential advisor. The job was full on at the start but eased off through the year. Highly recommend to someone living on campus.
Enable me to feel valued and I have achieve their full support. They value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Got a lot of life experiences from their.
Pros
Personality development
Cons
short tenure ( was Part time)
Great management and workplace culture. All staff were fully supported to ensure the best academic outcomes were achieved from our students. Fantastic tutorial support provided.
Working environement is so friendly and staff is mery much cooperative that attracts you to work in such a nice environment. I recommend to work with CSU.
CSU is committed to helping staff balance their work and life commitments while meeting the operational needs of the University. They offer a range of flexible options and work progression for their staff.
It was a great experience for me as i have learned how to work with people in all sorts of life. From directors, students, to suppliers.

• Facilitated, supported and coordinated all activities of the student council

• Headed the promotion for extra-curricular programs for the students

• Planned and arranged all meetings with the members

• Help the students in their issues and problems

• Represent the Melbourne Campus in the inter-campus meetings
CSU offers an excellent work environment, with great services both on and off campus. Casual student work is amazingly flexible and fits in well with study and work balance
Pros
Free counselling as student/staff, Up-to-date on tech
I would love a permanent full time job with CSU, it was the best. Great culture and benefits.
My role was casual, management was great! Would recommend
Pros
casual
Cons
a project
Worked as a STEP leader. Enjoyed the role and the challenges. Talking to students and working around Admin staff helped me to grow as a leader. I had a wonderful time working there.
I absolutely adored working here and the people I worked with! The only reason I had to leave was due to university commitments, but I wish I could have stayed just to continue my career here.
Although I was just a receptionist, I was treated as a friend, if not family, by all the staff and students.
Pros
Flexible shift times
Cons
Some late hours
Its good for any kind of person to start their career at this place. there is so much to learn everyday. Fun part is you can meet so many different people from different background.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Need more facilities
Average work environment. Salary scale is reasonably good. Not very friendly/cooperative HR department. They impose some rules which are very harsh and illogical.
CSU is a large regionally based and focused university with a variety of topics addressed and opportunity for research to be conducted in various sectors.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Poor managerial support
Working within the Education system was excellent with opportunities to support the Dean of Education in the Faculty of Education. Developed many skills in this role in Administration.
Working here was great because
but the organisation has gone down hill as well as the staff

nobody seams to care anymore and i feel like this is felt down to the swimmers
Being a PASS leader was challenge in the beginning as it required techniques to engage students in subject effectively. This job is not about teaching students but its to facilitate them or in other words creating spark in their minds to solve problems on their own. Group discussions and activities helped me and my students in gaining more confidence not only in the subject but in our personality.
Sometimes it's difficult to motivate students for such sessions as it requires extra effort and time. Whenever I see my students coming up with solutions of their problems or other fellow students queries it gives me a great feeling of satisfaction.
Pros
Work while studying and gain confidence
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Sturt University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2