Charles Sturt University Employee Reviews

great place to work
Library Officer (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW5 March 2018
I would love a permanent full time job with CSU, it was the best. Great culture and benefits.
My role was casual, management was great! Would recommend
Pros
casual
Cons
a project
(STEP) Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 January 2018
Worked as a STEP leader. Enjoyed the role and the challenges. Talking to students and working around Admin staff helped me to grow as a leader. I had a wonderful time working there.
Incredible Experience, Wish I Didn't Have to Leave!
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW14 November 2017
I absolutely adored working here and the people I worked with! The only reason I had to leave was due to university commitments, but I wish I could have stayed just to continue my career here.
Although I was just a receptionist, I was treated as a friend, if not family, by all the staff and students.
Pros
Flexible shift times
Cons
Some late hours
Good and easy going people
PASS leader (Peer Assisted Study sessions) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 July 2017
Its good for any kind of person to start their career at this place. there is so much to learn everyday. Fun part is you can meet so many different people from different background.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Need more facilities
Satisfactory
Lecturer and Lead Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Bathurst NSW25 April 2017
Average work environment. Salary scale is reasonably good. Not very friendly/cooperative HR department. They impose some rules which are very harsh and illogical.
Teaching and research at CSU
Lecturer of Animal Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW12 March 2017
CSU is a large regionally based and focused university with a variety of topics addressed and opportunity for research to be conducted in various sectors.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Poor managerial support
I would have liked to have been put on full time but no positions unfortunately.
Clerical Support of Education (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW1 March 2017
Working within the Education system was excellent with opportunities to support the Dean of Education in the Faculty of Education. Developed many skills in this role in Administration.
very wet
Resident Life Scheme (Current Employee) –  Bathurst NSW7 February 2017
Working here was great because
but the organisation has gone down hill as well as the staff
nobody seams to care anymore and i feel like this is felt down to the swimmers
Supportive Administration and relaxed environment
PASS Leader (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 January 2017
Being a PASS leader was challenge in the beginning as it required techniques to engage students in subject effectively. This job is not about teaching students but its to facilitate them or in other words creating spark in their minds to solve problems on their own. Group discussions and activities helped me and my students in gaining more confidence not only in the subject but in our personality.
Sometimes it's difficult to motivate students for such sessions as it requires extra effort and time. Whenever I see my students coming up with solutions of their problems or other fellow students queries it gives me a great feeling of satisfaction.
Pros
Work while studying and gain confidence
Great Work Satisfaction
Pass Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 December 2016
Working in the university while studying gives a great opportunity to boost up my existing skills and at the same time help my fellow students. Through this job, I have learnt time management, multi tasking, tutoring and many other positive qualities.
it gave me a good foundation to moving forward
Individual Project (Former Employee) –  Sydney5 May 2016
I am really enjoy study and learn new knowledge. it gave me the direction to moving forward. I have learn a lot of knowledge to prepare for my future
Amazing Staff and good management
International Students Association Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 March 2016
I've had a good manager and i've been able to work with them for a while. Easy going and this job has helped me enhance my skills.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orange, NSW2 February 2016
I would work for CSU again. it is a very good organisation to work for with great superannuation options. Meets the needs of a worklife balance
Satisfactory
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga, NSW2 December 2015
It's a good workplace but too isolated from cutting edge research opportunities due to the location. Work culture is satisfactory and so is the quality of life when living in a country setting
Excellent Company
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wagga Wagga, NSW10 November 2015
Great company to work for, excellent work life balance. Great team environment to work in although it was over multi-campuses and a large geographic area.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Advancement
excellent place to work for academics and other staff but removed from places of cultural amenities in the metropolitan areas.
Lecturer Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga (Current Employee) –  Wagga Wagga, NSW27 September 2015
Excellent workplace with great opportunities in a great tranquil location. I don't much more to say - you have to come and see for yourself.
Pros
Free parking, cheap housing and nice rural setting.
Cons
remote from other centres of learning
Not a good place to work
postdoctoral research fellow (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW2 August 2015
This particular school within CSU has a HoS who is disliked by most, rules with an iron fist and plays favourites. Staff morale is low and the job was not enjoyable at all once he came into power. Before that, staff morale was high and co-workers did their best to do what's right for the students and co-workers alike which meant long hours for everyone.
Pros
Cons
Long hours. low staff morale, HoS who is a bully
Very nice staff who is always ready to help
PASS Leader (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW26 May 2015
All the staff members are very friendly. Help me on my first day at work. The hardest part of the job is to prepare for the class. And after the students respond to my effort, it feels like my hard work has paid off.
Excellent work environment
Lecturer, Curriculum Review Team (Former Employee) –  Goulburn, NSW2 February 2015
Exceptional opportunity to diversify and expand your knowledge and skills in the delivery of relevant course material.
Embryology lecturer (Current Employee) –  Wagga Wagga, NSW29 January 2015
As previously written
The university is great as it has flexible hours and has a great diversity of people to meet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Sturt University. Our community is ready to answer.

Charles Sturt University Reviews by Location