CHC Helicopters
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CHC Helicopters Employee Reviews

Australia2 reviews
Most of my co-workers were fifo, so I worked with around 150 different people. I started at 6:00am each duty day, which was 1 week on 1 week off, and finished around 6:00pm.Aproximatly 60% of my day was spent out on the ramp loading & unloading passengers, refuelling &testing, helicopters. The rest of my time was taken up cleaning and polishing aircraft and general housekeeping in the hangers. Working for CHC was a whole new industry form me as I had previously worked in the earthmoving and construction industries.
During my time with CHC I worked on three different bases, so met a lot of people from different walks of life. I got along well with most of co-workers and managers.

The hardest part of the job was working out in the hot sun. The best part was meeting with lots of nice people (passengers) and co-workers each day.
Pros
Met a lot of nice people, got to see places that I probably would not have gone to.
Cons
Planning my day according to the assignments given by the supervisor. Want to look super sharp and stay on the ball carry around a nice notebook to write down your tasks to assist you in prioritizing your time. Extra points, if you see something needs to be done and you are positive you know how to do it and get it done right, don't wait to be asked. The more efficient you are the more likely you will be to get noticed and possibly asked to get a promotion.