Check Point Software Technologies Employee Reviews

Review
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX4 June 2019
Company is strong in the tech space. Sales organization is run well but like any company could improve. A few struggles with Israel making all decisions and providing permissions.
Avoid if at all possi6
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CA18 May 2019
Me too? No way. Avoid at all costs, Everything controlled from HQ in Israel. managment in San Carlos is unable to make a move without sign off from the trusted team. Exec's come to town and it is game of thrones style meetings.
Productive but challenging every day.
Americas Diamond Escalation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX14 May 2019
Never boring. A productive but challenging environment with something new to dive into nearly every day. Rarely a dull moment. Always something to do.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Can be stressful
Productive and fun work place
Associate Security and Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng11 April 2019
I’m an Associate Security & Sales Engineer at Check Point Software Technologies, Ltd in Israel. I’m responsible for protecting computer and networking systems from potential hackers and cyber-attacks, resolving possible causes of security threats early on by looking at things from a security perspective and recommending enhancements to management. Testing and screening security software and for monitoring networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions.
Pros
Free lounch
Cons
Good working hours
Check Point, A $20 billion dollar organization with a family friendly culture
Cloud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX4 April 2019
Check Point is hands down the best place I've worked. The culture is something that I've really enjoyed. Even though it is a worldwide organization, it still has a family style type of collaborative environment. The benefits are top notch, work is good, and pay is great. Not much to complain about with this job.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, opportunity
The people at Check Point make the company.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX26 March 2019
I worked at Check Point for for 2 years. It was actually a very lax environment. Managers were easy to grab when you had any questions. I wasn't happy with the pay but they had great perks/benefits like free food and team outings that made up for the low pay. I loved my team and all the other departments that I worked with. It made the job that much easier.
Pros
Barely any layoffs which is why people try not to leave, Free lunches, Team outings. Events, Good benefits, Great way to start a career
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX3 March 2019
Very professional place to work. Competitive compensations and great learning opportunity. Free lunch everyday, with happy hours, back massages included.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast pace
Great place to grow
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON28 February 2019
Cor an individual that is goal oriented/driven, Check Point is actually a great place to start out in network security. There are many technologies to learn and the company is an industry leader.
Pros
Great place to start a growing career if you are diven
Cons
After a while the growth in one area may slow or stop and a change is required
Fun place to work
Diamond Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX5 December 2018
I enjoyed my time with Check Point very much. I learned a lot while there and made life long connections. Great place to learn network security and the product first hand.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Compensation
Prideful emlpoyees at awonderful company
Manager of Security Engineering (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL5 December 2018
CheckPoint is an international software security company. Their custoners include the federal government, foreign embassies, and international space programs. The employees here are nothing short of genuises. Everyones seems to have been the valedictorian of their school. CheckPoint boasts an amazing product line of proprietary products that are second in class to none.It was an honor to work here and travel the world meeting so many important people.
Pros
Prestigous people and high technology
Cons
Exhausting workload and travel requirements
Good Company
Territory Channel Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA30 November 2018
Great people at Check Point, company invented internet security but needs marketing help to tell thier story. Pay is not up to the standards of some other players in the space.
Casual Environment but demanding
Diamond Firewall Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX12 September 2018
Catered lunches from waiter.com and very casual dress and desk requirements. All and all a comfortable place to work with good people. All status changes and raises go through corporate over seas, so decisions are not always fair. Salaried positions may end up working long hours.
Great People, Tough owner
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 August 2018
The CEO stunted progress of the company. But other than that great people and an enjoyable time. The compensation is low compared to the rest of the industry but good benefits and job security.
Free meal provided for the daily work it's appreciated
Accounts Payables Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CA13 July 2018
Distributions of daily tasks it is not even among co-workers

There's no cross-traningrainig for coverage if someone is absence

Definitely need better management on some departments.

Hardest part of the job is to keep the daily workflow completed n less than 10-12 hours each day

I enjoy the free meal and snacks at the office
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no incentives or appreciation to retain post for long
Great culture and you can learn a lot
Security Engineer (T3) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX1 July 2018
Great culture and you can learn a lot. Your lunch is free and they give you opportunities to travel as well. I enjoy the people that I work with. I learn a lot working for this company in a short period of time.
Fantastic community
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  South Carolina29 May 2018
The Check Point SE community is a great community to be a part of. Very collaborative and easy to work with! The teamwork within the organization is unbeatable
Good
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minnesota23 May 2018
Company is located in Minnesota and I worked mainly in new Jersey. When you had to order parts it would take two to three days . Management is helpful and also they have technical support which is plus... overall good company
It really depends on whom your paired to work with
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mexico City, Mexico18 May 2018
I was in a position where my peer (the account manager) was not well organized and therefore the agenda was usually a mess. Most of the time I had to be on the run for meetings with customers across town that I was never told about last minute. Training was scarce to say the least, my new hire training was scheduled exactly 10 months after I started working there. You were expected to know everything about the product receiving little to no training at all.
Pros
Relationships you build
Cons
Work hours, company culture
Cheap Cheap Cheap
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NY5 March 2018
No forward thinking, no marketing money, your expenses are like a mail in rebate never to be recovered, your safety will not be taken into account giving you a low budget to stay in a low rate hotel even in the most expensive of areas. You are required to share a room for any team training with strangers you are assigned to share with.
Benefits
Cons
big promises on pay and no follow through, unrealistic quotas and have lost half of their staff due to refusing to pay them
Don’t work or interview here if you desperately need a job
None (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CA3 March 2018
These guys are idiots, they don’t treat workers or anyone who wants to work here with respect. Sure they have a good company background but getting a job here is like someone tossing you in the trash. Even if you do get hired, it’s not all fun and games. They treat you badly
Pros
Good commute to work, will pay for your funeral in case of suicide after not getting hired, easy access to parking, office is spacious, free depres
Cons
Bad hr, delivers on false promises, pay suck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Check Point Software Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.