Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews

was glad to leave
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 March 2019
I agree with some of the reviews, boring and repetitive. Apart from the lovely workers, management not so much it was bearable for the short time I was there. I was just brain dead at this place had to move on. Okay place for short term or students needing part time work.
Pros
Nice co workers. reasonable retail experience penalty rates a bonus.
Cons
being bored to death and working around sick people.
Great Part Time Job
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD8 February 2019
I worked here whilst completing high school and as a part time job was great with my school and sporting commitments. I was given plenty of opportunities to learn about new products which was beneficial when moving to a new position. When I moved away, my boss was very supportive in helping find me a new job.
Pros
Great Staff, Plenty of training opportunities, ability to grow.
Cons
Terrible Pay
Avoid it
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 February 2019
Kids that they promoted in manager position in store and in the head office because they know somebody in the company.
I doubt that more than 10% in the head office has a university degree.
Their marketing plan is simple and stupid:discount ,discount ,cut prices.
Companies in USA has tried it before and noone survived from this marketing style.
Loyal environment as most of the employees are working there from 16 years old and they think and behave like they own the company.
Pros
No much
Cons
Unprofessionals
Terrible - avoid at all costs
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria3 February 2019
ive worked at three locations, all have been the same.

(1) megalomaniac, inflexible and condescending management. special shout out to the sunbury stores where the managers will patronise you, give u the same mundane instructions repeatedly as though u are a child, and in general, treat u as though u are a burden.

(2) expect no training. in fact, they were lucky i had previous employers who took OHS seriously, because they sent me to a training session 6 months after i started my employment with them. not even as much as an instruction on how to correctly lift a heavy box, use a box cutter or use a ladder. however, for being beginning the working life, not being shown how to do those things can be seriously detrimental. at chemist warehouse prices are low, and staff safety is lower.

(3) have u read orwells 1984? well, chemist warehouse is the manifestation of that dystopia. management watch u on cameras, its uncomfortable, unnecessary, and probably illegal.

(4) their environmental impact is atrocious. ticket prices are changed every two weeks, with massive amounts of paper thrown in the rubbish - not recycle. when i suggested management implement a more environmentally friendly policy, i was dismissed. who cares about the environment when ur making money, right?

(5) anti-competitive and customer manipulation. they own wagner and healthy care and force u to promote those brands, even though the pharmacists ive spoken to agree that those arent the best for customers. additionally, part of the job involves deceiving customers by putting fluorescent pink tickets
  more... which display the regular price, not a price that is on sale. i hate having to lie so they can get wealthier.

overall, just run as quickly as u can away from CWH
Pros
fellow coworkers are the best thing about this place
Cons
see below
Tedious, repetitive
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentleigh VIC16 January 2019
Each day was extremely repetitive and boring. It's all about stock and in the end, you feel like a robot with no real purpose. At the end of my probation period (6 months), I was told I had to have a meeting with the managers where I was told I wasn't 'suitable' for the job and then had to leave by running out of the back door trying to make sure no one would see me. Embarrassing.
Pros
Learn a lot about medication
I loved every minute working here
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 November 2018
I learnt a lot working at Chemist warehouse, the staff were really friendly aswell and they helped me and taught me the ropes and ins and outs of working at chemist warehouse.
Pros
Was fun to work there
Cons
Can be boring if not in the mood
Interesting and good experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 November 2018
I got very good experience from working in chemist warehouse as a sales assistant/ plus I was doing a lot of work around the store such as, re-arranging and stocking shelves.
Nice Workplace with lots to do
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Coburg VIC20 September 2018
WORKED THERE FOR A WEEK AND REALLY ENJOYED THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE (except the fact that you were on your feet all day and also lifting a LOT of boxes) 🤗😣😂
Pros
Nice Staff
Cons
Long periods of standing, lots of boxes to be unpacked - so lots of bending and lifting
Not nice
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Adelaide SA10 September 2018
I worked at the port Adelaide store I found the manager to be very rude
For what they wanted done in a time frame was ridiculous when you were on main and backup for the day plus helping customers
Some staff were favourites and got away with a lot etc didn’t open the Reggie took long tea breaks and lunch breaks
The pay was horrendous for what need to be done
They didn’t care about your family but if anything happen to theirs it was a big deal I always seem to get late finishes it was not shared properly
I’m very disappointed
Pros
Discount
Cons
Was disappointed to say the least
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarneit VIC26 August 2018
Was hired under the assumption and as the job offer said, "Beauty Advisor" which turned out to not be the real title of the roll which was fine. Worked for 3 months, learning how everything worked, took the advice I was given to do the job better. Seemingly no complaints.. Until one day I had a meeting with mangers and they told me I wasn't the right "fit" for the job although I have full qualifications and that I was let go.. Or more how they put it bluntly "Terminated" I felt humiliated as I was asked to hand my staff card in and walk through the staff area like a fool as everyone watched. Would not want to work at this branch in particular again.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD12 August 2018
Great team environment and support from management, award rate of pay, decent working conditions. Plenty of learning and time flies by relatively quickly
Friendly and organised work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond VIC7 August 2018
Overall my experience working here is great. All the staff are nice and friendly, and there is no drama. It's a great place for someone looking for a part time job.
Productive workplace with friendly staff and fair management
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW2 June 2018
While working at chemist warehouse I worked with a friendly group and staff and a productive management system in a vibrant store environment. The hours were great as the position was permanent part time and I am a university student.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 April 2018
Chemist warehouse is a fun place when you are working with your friends. Yes the work is easy, but it is tedious and not very fun. Another downside is that they pay is very low.
Productive and fun place to work.
Pharmacy Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mildura VIC22 February 2018
Really love working here. I consider Chemist Warehouse my home away from home, all of the staff get along really well and it's like we're all on big happy family.
A decent and a good workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southbank VIC19 February 2018
It was a good place to work at. The team members were friendly and the place was very calm. I learned that the stickers put on products are actually security stickers. I also learned how to arrange products on the shelves.
Nice workplace
Chemist Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW9 February 2018
I Therefore enjoy this job all the employees are good this job is nice and healthy feel welcomed on my first few shifts enojoy his job so much. I find everyone respectful and well mannered
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes over time
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Glen QLD16 January 2018
My typical day at work could be boring at times as I was always on the front counter. However when it was busy in the store, I liked to interact with the customers which was the best part of the job. I didn't learn much at this job. At times it was hard to get along with some of the staff.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
Hard to get along with staff
Normal Workplace with both advantages and disadvantages
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW29 December 2017
-Most workers are nice.
-Staffroom is a tad small.
-Working environment is okay, customers are generally nice.
-I learnt to be more resilient and independent from this job as it required efficient communication skills.
-You are required to be able to multi task as it can become very busy at times, especially before Christmas or any other type of holiday.
Pros
You get along well with some colleagues.
Cons
Breaks are short, long hours.
Cwh
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perth WA21 December 2017
I love everything about the company! The people I work with, The mantra of the company. Above all, the environment is great.............I LOVE IT!!!!!
Pros
Super nice boss
Cons
Rude customers