Chemist Warehouse

Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews

Australia251 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Too much work for the pay

they worked you very hard and expected you to work a lot of hours. the pay was bad. it was very tiring. required a lot out of you to do stock, and the small was small and cramped.

Pros

staff discount (20%)

Cons

tiring, stressful

Don’t work here unless you like abuse.

You’re not seen as a person. Management will avoid communication with you. Your time will not be respected, and if you speak up about it, you better expect some nasty treatment from middle management.

Workflow and structure

No communication, left upto staff to figure out, so constant errors are made. No structure everyone doing minimal effort, frustrated so constant pressure on those workers who do work hard which also get burned out.

Personally a really good workplace for me.

All these reviews of chemist warehouse are valid and invalid too. The amount of times that my pay has not been correct is insane to even count. We were insisted to work our 10 hour shifts with just a 30 minute break. The management was so unorganised and the amount of times the "isle managers" would talk really bad about other people to each other is insane. 100% such a weird work place and would not recommend it to anyone. Please fix your management thanks.

Fun place to work

Fun place to work but the amount you get paid is too little for the amount of tasks and job needs to be done. Would recommend just if you starting work but not long term

co-workers were great, pay was beyond poor, management was terrible and degrading.

management poor, wages poor, co workers were great, typical day would be going into the back warehouse and grabbing stock and stickers to tagg and put away, learned alot of good people skills and building confidence

Pros

make good friends and build confidence in retail

Cons

Terrible pay, management degrade you, customers were very impatient (sick people)

Absolutely Awful

Management is so poor and clearly try and take advantage of staff. Many staff quit within the first month once they realise the toxic environment. DON'T WORK HERE.

Product and fun place

Fun place to work for and fun with your employees. Employee is nice too. Career progression can happen a lot faster. I enjoyed working here snd would highly recommend

Bad pay and bad treatment

Worked at chemist warehouse for 3 years and you can’t really progress at all. All of the jobs are repetitive and very menial. Customers treat you awfully. The pay is horrible. Currently 19 getting paid only $18 per hour. Very hard to balance work with uni. Generally I can be flexible with my hours and my manager will work around however everyday I work there my soul gets drained from me

Stressful

Pay isn't enough to cover cost of living. It is very difficult to get a pay rise and there is little advancement. You could be assigned manager duties at anytime without the correct pay. Workplace morale is very low. Discounts are only up to 10% and more often than not items are not discounted at all. I witnessed multiple instances where my co-workers' safety where threatened by customers. Management does nothing for this. If you can handle it the job security is very good.Do yourself a favour and find work somewhere else.

Stressful

It is as very stressful working place,you might feel excited and interesting at first, but after you experienced abuse and blame from your manager just because you can’t be fast at your work, which because thay give you two work at the same time (you today’s task and go to the till), you will find it is crazy to do your own task as soon as possible while go to the till every 30 seconds, i really hate this pattern.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Tired

Fun and productive place to work

Good work place culture, great management team that are not afraid to assist you when required. Fast paced environment with a huge focus on customer service, so you are never bored.Sales and budgets are pushed just like any other large business. This gives you something to work towards as a team.Great training programs and lots of freebies.

Terrible place

Terrible pay for the amount of stress and work you have to do. I was thrown into deep end at day one with poor training. Fragrance section was so busy and constant stock coming in and manager telling me off for not sorting Fragrances out and putting stock out yet I'm always busy with customers.

Pros

Non

Cons

Terrible pay, stress, poor management

Stressful, bad management

It was great at first. But now people are quitting and no one has been replaced, not even looking for people. So current staff are beyond stressed and over worked and no one cares. Things don’t get fixed if they break, and customers constantly abuse you. If you think that this and the bare minimum wage sounds appealing, then this is the job for you.

Pros

Our hours are permanent, so you know exactly when you work all the time - no roster each week

Cons

Horrible, soul sucking place to work

Working at Chemist Warehouse has completely beaten down my spirit. Understaffed, overworked and ridiculous expectations about how much I should be putting in for a job that pays the absolute minimum. Paid time off is not even a benefit here as you'd be lucky to ever be granted the luxury. At this point, I'm just writing it off as my pay out when I can finally quit. Customers are horrible, pay is horrible, expectations and the amount of responsibilities are horrible, the environment is horrible—there is nothing about this job I enjoy except the fact I get contracted hours and it is not shift work. Other than that, I would never recommend this job to anyone. Not even my worst enemy.

Pros

sometimes you can take home products that have are no longer fit to be sold

Cons

everything

Wouldn't recommend

Chemist warehouse is not the place for you if you are looking for a productive, uplifting and positive environment where you feel like you are using your brain. The environment is very negative and with no opportunities for development, management was rigid and very critical and did not know how to manage staff properly or effectively.10/10 would not recommend.

Work here for a while but not too long

Your work ethic is practically thrown out the door once new members are hired and constant workplace gossiping. The pro is that I got work experience through the previous management. When this chaged so did the workplace politics (ie. gossiping) Used to be good... The job entails quite repetitive movements and same day to day activities. Unless you want to move to retail management I solely reccomend after a period of working for CWH move into a new field, there is no potential career progress, unless you want to be a Pharmacist or Retail manager.

Hard work but friendly team

This was a good job over all, most of the team were friendly in Bundaberg. Some small issues were annoying like made to work public holidays if they fell on your weekend, rules were not enforced across the board for everyone which wasn’t right. Staff needed more support from management when rude customers attack their staff, they should intervene and not let the staff member cop the abuse. Over all it was a good place but could of been better.

Okay experience with the right people

It was okay nothing special. Senior employees and pay rate could be better and more experience needed too. Some areas are lacking in terms of employee pay rate needs to be higher for the number of hours we work

productive and fun

I really enjoyed working here..every morning excited to go to work as there is really employee friendly environment and high scope of professional and personal growth.

Pros

flexibility and friendly environment

Cons

keen for perfection

Good staring point but no where to grow

I would say this company is good for a first time job seeker or just looking for a job with consistent hours.But there is no growth in this company,there is no training and upper management are very unprofessional and untrusted worthy.if your looking for something short term apply but if not don't work here you will go no where.

Pros

Consitent hours, paid public holiday rates and good co workers.

Cons

Salary, no training, upper management are unprofessional, no where to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemist Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chemist Warehouse with