Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Pharmacy Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mildura VIC22 February 2018
Really love working here. I consider Chemist Warehouse my home away from home, all of the staff get along really well and it's like we're all on big happy family.
A decent and a good workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southbank VIC19 February 2018
It was a good place to work at. The team members were friendly and the place was very calm. I learned that the stickers put on products are actually security stickers. I also learned how to arrange products on the shelves.
Nice workplace
Chemist Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW9 February 2018
I Therefore enjoy this job all the employees are good this job is nice and healthy feel welcomed on my first few shifts enojoy his job so much. I find everyone respectful and well mannered
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes over time
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest Glen QLD16 January 2018
My typical day at work could be boring at times as I was always on the front counter. However when it was busy in the store, I liked to interact with the customers which was the best part of the job. I didn't learn much at this job. At times it was hard to get along with some of the staff.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
Hard to get along with staff
Normal Workplace with both advantages and disadvantages
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW29 December 2017
-Most workers are nice.
-Staffroom is a tad small.
-Working environment is okay, customers are generally nice.
-I learnt to be more resilient and independent from this job as it required efficient communication skills.
-You are required to be able to multi task as it can become very busy at times, especially before Christmas or any other type of holiday.
Pros
You get along well with some colleagues.
Cons
Breaks are short, long hours.
Cwh
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perth WA21 December 2017
I love everything about the company! The people I work with, The mantra of the company. Above all, the environment is great.............I LOVE IT!!!!!
Pros
Super nice boss
Cons
Rude customers
Not Much to say.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 December 2017
It was my first job while in school, pay was not the best and the management can be improved. The staff was like family, easy to get along with and to work in a friendly environment.
Extremely poor managenment with little consideration of staff
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton Park VIC7 November 2017
Not sure about other Chemist Warehouse establishments but the one I worked at for over 4 years was appalling. The Employers were acting extremely rude towards their employees. The only upside were the other Pharmacy Assistants working alongside me, they were the highlight of my experiences there.
Fun
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW1 November 2017
First job plus traineeship all in obe although i got sivk of the sane stufday in day out it got boring, thr people i worked with all are forever friends woth great vibes about working their
Pros
Free items
Lively workplace with friendly people
School Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 November 2017
As this school work experience for my Certificate II in Workplace Practices was without salary, I don't know much about their salary. Though all in all i really enjoyed and learnt alot.
Pros
Flexibility
great learning workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton NSW14 October 2017
can be put under pressure due to working in a chemist, but i love costumer service. the most enjoyable part of my job is getting positive feed back from my costumers!
Pros
working with great people
Cons
nothing
Customers were the best part of the job,smelling the perfume,,
Vitamin Consultant, Pharmacy Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Mirrabooka WA11 October 2017
Customers were the best part of the job,they made the place bearable,good brands,excellent perfume selection excellent vitamin brands good priced Rinmel
Pros
Free products
Cons
Too many
na
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 October 2017
My beauty Spot (chemist Warehouse) is a great company to work at on a part time or casual basis for students. However I believe this company lacked basic respect for their employees and in ways felt bullied.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Basic respect
Hostile work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenquarry NSW24 September 2017
Management was barely there, and when they were, they weren't very nice to staff. They had a very high turnover in staff. The company as a whole isn't very customer focused, it's just all about moving stock. Overtime was expected, and they didn't want to pay us for it.
How they treated staff wasn't acceptable in any sense
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Very long hours
good roles and responsibilities
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 September 2017
Working at Chemist Warehouse in customer service department in Sydney, Australia for last 2 months. I did many jobs there.
they are :
1.Handling customer queries
2.Selling goods
3.Handling customer complaint
It is good working there however pay is not so good and i don;t find my job secure here. my vacations are coming and i need more jobs
Pros
find the job easy
Cons
not getting enough shifts and no good pay
Well structured and hard working environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW13 September 2017
I learned a lot about all aspects of medicine and health, including vitamins, weight loss products, first aid products, different types of drugs. I also gained extensive knowledge of fragrances.
A place to work when you love pharmacy, a place not to work when you want to be appreciated
Level 2 Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chirnside Park VIC8 September 2017
The culture at CWH depends on the store. Management doesn't seem to care about employee well being and there is little opportunity to progress further
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Zero appreciation towards staff
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC2 September 2017
I was only employed for short-term work experience for school, but from what I experienced was a very friendly environment. I had great team mates and management used a participative management style, ensuring all employees feel valued.
Pros
Staff discounts, dynamic environment, great hours, great employees
Cons
Little room for career advancement
Productive and customer service driven atmosphere
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurstville NSW9 August 2017
Great colleagues and team work driven. Lots of opportunities to learn management and valuable retail skills. The hardest part was long extended hours working on the tills with long queues and sales for customers. Very busy and frantic at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and working with a team that has good work ethic and strives the excellence.
Pros
Often free food and celebrations etc
Cons
Long queues, busy store and many customers and long hours
Poor Management
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 August 2017
Mangement team not very friendly or helpful and advancement is a joke unless you one of the lucky people (1 in 1000000) the workers are nice though except a few but u expect that everywhere