Chemist Warehouse
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews

Australia145 reviews
Good
It was a pleasant experience. The job is fast paced but some what manageable. You need excellent customer service skills as well as patience and organisation.
productive
While working I learned how registers work, the stock, how to sell products (off sale), I got very good hours. The hardest part of the job was when it got busy during Christmas and New Years, which was exhausting trying to keep customers happy and not wait very long. I enjoyed talking to new people and learning new things.
Pros
breaks
Cons
having to balance hours with after school homework
Great to work for
if your a kid still in school or even just finished school good to work for this company. Standard hours, great pay, fast paced so you wont find your self strolling around looking for anything to do.
Pros
good pay, good hours, job security
Cons
rude customers
The most enjoyable part of the job in my current workplace
It is good to work in a culturally diverse environment as employees come from different countries and the management there is pretty personalized as people need to do the type of job based on their strengths.
Save yourself the regret, don't work here
I've worked as full-time and part-time and in both cases I was treated awfully. As a full-timer they overwork you and give you things to do but never enough time to do them. There's no appreciation for hard work and although they pay award rates, it isn't enough to compensate for the stress and pressure that they put on you. When they need you to make a decision they intimidate you and don't give you time to consider your options.
Working as a pharmacy assistant I learned how to lie to customers about products because although they train you how to run the store, they don't train you about anything to do with medical stuff unless you are a dispensary staff member. Big difference there in treatment.

Management is awful, even if you have a good store manager, they are controlled by their own bosses who often interfere with your work and make you feel like you are bad at your job and that you are replaceable.

If you take a job here, be prepared to have your shifts cut without proper paperwork, to not get paid overtime if you are part-time unless you fight for it and to have to take significant time off from work and life due to the stress levels. But don't expect them to be nice about you taking sick leave either. Ever. Because even though you will work in a place that means you can catch a cold or other illnesses quite easily and you won't want to spread your sickness to customers or other employees, you'll get treated poorly for staying home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when they contact me in the late evenings about work related things instead of just waiting
 - more...
Pros
They're constantly hiring because people are quitting all the time.
Cons
Constant overtime during inspection time periods, worked too hard for such little pay, petty and passive aggressive management, unrealistic expectations.
Stressful workplace overworked staff
The workplace is quite stressful, staff are overworked. The one good thing about the place is that you have your routine and management just wants you to complete your work and go. No issues for me.
overworked and underpaid
no encouragement to the workers.just go go go while being paid junior wages.i like the idea of learning all the processes but you should be paid accordingly.too many cheifs
work experience
Worked as a student for work experience. Learnt a lot about different products. Was a bit boring job as all I did was stock shelves. We did learn how to make lotion though and had experts come in to talk about products once.
A good place to work.
I had to pick and pack products in the warehouse. They gave me regular work hours. The pay scale was also fair enough. The working atmosphere was pleasant.
productive
It has been an eventful journey at chemist warehouse, I have learnt and gained alot of experience and knowledge. It wasn't the best environment, but it was good to make the best out of it.
Excellent for uni students
Although people complained about the pay, it is according to the award and the amount is definitely supportive for uni students. They offer very flexible hours as a casual. Work can get very busy, like dealing with all the products, setups, customers and the tills at the same time. Management is not so good, with limited career progression. It took me a long time to get to know and be close with the people i worked with, and it's the people that made work much better. Also be mindful of pharmacists, because most of the dispensary staff think they are better than everyone else, and they can get very impatient if you make a mistake. Keeping a good relationship with them just makes your life easier.
Eh - Not really worth it unless you're under 18
It was my job when I was around 15 years old - and although i wasn't treated poorly in any respect, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone over the age of 18 (unless you want to be a chemist).
Pros
Stable work, Stable work environment, Pretty flexible with hours.
Cons
Not enjoyable, Not always 100% friendly clients, They have terrible probationary hourly rate (which lasts for 6 months)
It was fun and i got to meet a lot of nice people and enjoyed myself
I think to work at chemist warehouse was a good experience and was an enjoyable job overall. I liked the team I was with and they treated me with kindness and respect
Poor company to work for
Manager is narcissistic, lazy, gossips, tells staff confidential information. No idea how she still has a job there.
Toxic work environment.

Head pharmacist enables the toxic environment by never taking complaints by staff seriously.
Productive and fun but can be busy
It is nice to work at chemist warehouse as it is generally quite relaxed and the pay is quite decent. You also get to learn a lot of new skills and meet a wide range of people.
Terrible
When I was working there I would get berated by my managers for my past work experience and to top it off I got fired due to false rumours and allegations. As well as working there effected my mental health gravely that I almost was hospitalised. I don’t recommend working in the Penrith locations as the system is messed up and the managers at the particular one I worked at are incapable of running a business effectively and professionally
Not a place I would ever recommend
I was part of a team that was under a brand taken over by CW . We were treated very poorly and one by one manipulated by management and replaced by other staff . This is not a family oriented company as they state . Management are rude , inconsistent and nasty . Promise you the world , delivers pile of mud .
Draining job, from day one felt unwanted and left out from the team.
Potentially could be great place to work, unfortunately right now I don’t believe it is. Management is poor, team morale is not a concern for the company and 99% of the staff will tell you they want to quit like they did for me on my first day. If you get the interview, good luck.
Terrible and boring place, peanut salary with toxic culture
Terrible Pay, expect you to do everything immediately, constant distraction, toxic staff culture, manage with fear, forbidden to take legally-allowed 10 minute breaks, basically modern slavery
Pros
Easy to get in
Cons
Everything else
Good environment, nice workers and decent workload
The place was a nice atmosphere, friendly staff that are polite when asking for help and you're given a good amount of work. Jobs start basic, but not too easy or feeble, with stock replenishing.
if 1984 was a workplace
the worst place i’ve ever been employed. head management beyond horrible; caught them illegally selling formula in bulk. i had experience in a previous role and was yelled at during my very minuscule training for not asking them about ticket sizes ? no workplace heath and safety. no power or running water in team room. i was hospitalised and they hung up on my partner who called to tell them i wouldn’t make it in. called off sick due to domestic violence from a housemate and having police arrive and the next day they had the audacity to ask if that’s why i’d ‘ lost my vibrancy ‘. they will watch your every move on security cameras and call you from the other end of the store to berate you. discourage friendship or even communication between staff members. pay is absolute rubbish and not at all worth it. hours are long and boring with no thanks ever given. disgusting waste with excess tickets and signage. deceiving promotions. do NOT apply.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemist Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6