Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews

Productive with good breaks
Pharmacist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW14 June 2019
My typical day at work was mainly customer service, and i would help out throughout the store. THe hardestr part of the job was mainly the till work and the store room work
Do you enjoy being broke all the time?
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 June 2019
Managers are hit and miss. You may get a good one or you may get one that is a total bully. My old manager was great but after moving to a new store I got stuck with a manager who bullied staff, belittled them in front of other staff and also made us do product training in our tea breaks. The once a month catalogue training isn't paid training and we are expected to do it in the evening after work. It is not compulsory but you will be made to feel bad if you don't go. The pay is absolutely terrible, pharmacy award wage is one of the lowest in the country. You will only ever earn about $21 an hour which is ridiculous considering all the training you will be made to do, the amount of abuse you will cop from customers and the how hard you will be expected to work. It's Chaos. I am also completely disgusted and embarrassed by the amount of waste this company produces especially every two weeks on catalogue day when all the old tickets are thrown in the bin (not recycled) and new ones are put up. It is often the same product on special with the same ticket price just a different expiry date. Such a waste of paper. In addition to this all the promotional material - batwings, gondola headers, display boxes, security gate covers etc (a lot of which is plastic) are all changed fortnightly or monthly and usually thrown in the bin and then often replaced with exactly the same promotional material. So much waste in a world drowning in rubbish. I am ashamed I contributed to this for as long as I did. All that matters is money.
Pros
Nil
Cons
You will earn minimum wage for the rest of your life which is almost impossible to live off.
Bad management
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 May 2019
Owner and manager are bullies.
No overtime hours payment. Work without breaks so many days, and still get 30mins taken out of the pay, never had 10mins morning tea break as well, when you legally have to.
They don't care about your life outside of work. If they as you to come in, they expect you to be there.
Pros
Good work colleagues
Cons
Bad management
Horrible Management And boss
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wodonga Plaza VIC25 May 2019
Was treated horribly, am currently in school and was told i do not contribute enough to the pharmacy by the owner when i was working 18 hours a week on top of school. Was being told i was being transferred to another store for "re-evaluation". Dodgy With holiday leave, Took 8 weeks for them to consider my leave and tried telling me i didn't give enough notice. DO NOT APPLY AT CHEMIST WAREHOUSE they only care about money and have no problem under paying. Was not given any training.
Great work place
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton Park VIC20 May 2019
i worked for around a year. the management at this place was the worst. the store was always a mess. the boss was the worst human being. i did however enjoy everyone that i worked with, the crew was amazing the full timers were just as amazing. however it was the boss that made me not enjoy my job.
Pros
great and fun awesome crew
Cons
the abusive boss
Absolutely terrible. High school environment
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA16 May 2019
I worked in one of the SA stores. The bullying and harassment is disgusting. They treat customers like dirt. Management does nothing. They just care about the twice yearly reviews from heas office.
The pay is low and not worth it for the work you have to do.
The fact that they have to write down on a piece of paper when they go to the toilet and when they get back is horrifying. Who would want to take medical advice from someone who can't be treated as an adult.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Terrible environment, low pay
A good place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nowra NSW13 May 2019
Its a good place to work, learning how to approach and talk to customers. Its quite fun working as there is always something to do like fix gaps and help out customers.
Fun workplace team environment
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 April 2019
Great place to work, in a positive team environment. Nice working conditions and good people, although pay is the bare minimum, unless working on weekends and other bonus days.
Pros
Good Team Environment
Cons
Pay
money hungry driven mean management
Sales Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Buderim QLD10 April 2019
No customer care required. Just take their money and move on to the next paying customer. don't talk too long if they aren't going to buy anything. I don't lie for anyone.
Pros
Cons
arrive at work early, no recognition. Take one extra minute for lunch and you are put on notice.
Good employees but poor management.
Pharmacy assisstant (Current Employee) –  Turramurra NSW12 March 2019
The part-time employees here are fantastic to work with more often than not and are supportive of eachother. However, the management here is poor with a lot of unresolved issues concerning staff discrepancies and customer discrepancies. Customers have a tendency to be quite rude to staff concerning refunds, and while staff members may be following store guidelines, the managers have a tendency not to support their employees decisions and breaking health and safety regulations just to keep customers from being upset.
Pros
Great staff members
Cons
Customers are often rude
was glad to leave
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 March 2019
I agree with some of the reviews, boring and repetitive. Apart from the lovely workers, management not so much it was bearable for the short time I was there. I was just brain dead at this place had to move on. Okay place for short term or students needing part time work.
Pros
Nice co workers. reasonable retail experience penalty rates a bonus.
Cons
being bored to death and working around sick people.
Great Part Time Job
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryborough QLD8 February 2019
I worked here whilst completing high school and as a part time job was great with my school and sporting commitments. I was given plenty of opportunities to learn about new products which was beneficial when moving to a new position. When I moved away, my boss was very supportive in helping find me a new job.
Pros
Great Staff, Plenty of training opportunities, ability to grow.
Cons
Terrible Pay
Avoid it
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 February 2019
Kids that they promoted in manager position in store and in the head office because they know somebody in the company.
I doubt that more than 10% in the head office has a university degree.
Their marketing plan is simple and stupid:discount ,discount ,cut prices.
Companies in USA has tried it before and noone survived from this marketing style.
Loyal environment as most of the employees are working there from 16 years old and they think and behave like they own the company.
Pros
No much
Cons
Unprofessionals
Terrible - avoid at all costs
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria3 February 2019
ive worked at three locations, all have been the same.

(1) megalomaniac, inflexible and condescending management. special shout out to the sunbury stores where the managers will patronise you, give u the same mundane instructions repeatedly as though u are a child, and in general, treat u as though u are a burden.

(2) expect no training. in fact, they were lucky i had previous employers who took OHS seriously, because they sent me to a training session 6 months after i started my employment with them. not even as much as an instruction on how to correctly lift a heavy box, use a box cutter or use a ladder. however, for being beginning the working life, not being shown how to do those things can be seriously detrimental. at chemist warehouse prices are low, and staff safety is lower.

(3) have u read orwells 1984? well, chemist warehouse is the manifestation of that dystopia. management watch u on cameras, its uncomfortable, unnecessary, and probably illegal.

(4) their environmental impact is atrocious. ticket prices are changed every two weeks, with massive amounts of paper thrown in the rubbish - not recycle. when i suggested management implement a more environmentally friendly policy, i was dismissed. who cares about the environment when ur making money, right?

(5) anti-competitive and customer manipulation. they own wagner and healthy care and force u to promote those brands, even though the pharmacists ive spoken to agree that those arent the best for customers. additionally, part of the job involves deceiving customers by putting fluorescent pink tickets
  more... which display the regular price, not a price that is on sale. i hate having to lie so they can get wealthier.

overall, just run as quickly as u can away from CWH
Pros
fellow coworkers are the best thing about this place
Cons
see below
Tedious, repetitive
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentleigh VIC16 January 2019
Each day was extremely repetitive and boring. It's all about stock and in the end, you feel like a robot with no real purpose. At the end of my probation period (6 months), I was told I had to have a meeting with the managers where I was told I wasn't 'suitable' for the job and then had to leave by running out of the back door trying to make sure no one would see me. Embarrassing.
Pros
Learn a lot about medication
I loved every minute working here
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 November 2018
I learnt a lot working at Chemist warehouse, the staff were really friendly aswell and they helped me and taught me the ropes and ins and outs of working at chemist warehouse.
Pros
Was fun to work there
Cons
Can be boring if not in the mood
Interesting and good experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 November 2018
I got very good experience from working in chemist warehouse as a sales assistant/ plus I was doing a lot of work around the store such as, re-arranging and stocking shelves.
Nice Workplace with lots to do
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Coburg VIC20 September 2018
WORKED THERE FOR A WEEK AND REALLY ENJOYED THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE (except the fact that you were on your feet all day and also lifting a LOT of boxes) 🤗😣😂
Pros
Nice Staff
Cons
Long periods of standing, lots of boxes to be unpacked - so lots of bending and lifting
Not nice
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Adelaide SA10 September 2018
I worked at the port Adelaide store I found the manager to be very rude
For what they wanted done in a time frame was ridiculous when you were on main and backup for the day plus helping customers
Some staff were favourites and got away with a lot etc didn’t open the Reggie took long tea breaks and lunch breaks
The pay was horrendous for what need to be done
They didn’t care about your family but if anything happen to theirs it was a big deal I always seem to get late finishes it was not shared properly
I’m very disappointed
Pros
Discount
Cons
Was disappointed to say the least
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarneit VIC26 August 2018
Was hired under the assumption and as the job offer said, "Beauty Advisor" which turned out to not be the real title of the roll which was fine. Worked for 3 months, learning how everything worked, took the advice I was given to do the job better. Seemingly no complaints.. Until one day I had a meeting with mangers and they told me I wasn't the right "fit" for the job although I have full qualifications and that I was let go.. Or more how they put it bluntly "Terminated" I felt humiliated as I was asked to hand my staff card in and walk through the staff area like a fool as everyone watched. Would not want to work at this branch in particular again.