Chemist Warehouse
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Pretty great for part timer

As with any retail, you get some really terrible customers but coworkers are generally great. A lot of products that you are expected to learn location of and have knowledge about with little training. Theres online e learning each month but most knowledge will come from experience. As a part timer, this job was pretty stress free, constant stock to put out

Pros

staff discount, consistent hours and easy to ask for more

Cons

disorganised storage rooms, really difficult to find items if they aremt on the shelves

Not sure

I just say dont work there. Pay is very less and dont even have ani sort of good discount thats 10% doesn't do anything and work is too much repective to the pay. I wouldn't suggest

Pros

Cons

Too many

Worst experience of my life

Management are incredibly unprofessional and clearly do not have any sort of qualifications on how to adequately manage staff. Be prepared to be screamed at and humiliated in front of customers and co workers for not asking a customer if they wanted their receipt, or for not stacking toothpaste correctly. Pay is minimum wage but you’re expected to go above and beyond for the company. Never praised for good work, only berated for bad work and threatened with warnings and write ups. Also management spend hours watching cctv footage of you and will get you in trouble for anything they can. Would not recommend anyone to work here - ESPECIALLY young people. They’ll hire you for some cheap labour and take advantage of your inexperience in the workplace by treating you like rubbish.

Pros

Literally nothing

Worst working experience

Worst working experience throughout my life. Never recommend anyone to work there. Heavy workload with minimum pay and didn't care for welfare of employees. Assigned other 2 colleagues duties (plus my ordinary responsibilities) to me just after back from sick leave. Toxic working environment where no proper training, excessive gossiping habits, blaming each other instead of supporting. Employees have to arrive 10 minute earlier (without paid) for briefing.

Pros

Easy to get job

Cons

heavy workload, toxic working environment, no employee welfare, double standards

Changes from store to store - mine is on the better end

Working for a multi-billion-dollar company with countless store locations, the work culture and management is going to change vastly between each one. However, overall, you're working for a giant corporation with thousands of employees, so surprise surprise, they don't give two tosses about you.Thankfully I get along with most people at my store and the culture is pretty cute.Work security is fantastic as it's permanent part/full time. Advancement opportunities though are almost non-existent to most staff, as they don't want to spend any more money than they need. Personally, I take on weekend manager responsibilities without the pay or job title as my manager just expects it of me at this point.Staff get 10% off most thingsWe get lots of free stuff when it is taken of the shelf for being expired or almost at expiry.Pay is minimum wage.My store manager is a fantastic woman - but management above her is terrible.If you're just a kid in high school or even studying in uni I would actually recommend working at a CWH as a first job or just to make some money while you study - but if you're looking for a 'career' then definitely stay away.

Pros

Set shifts

Cons

Minumum wage, management doesnt care, stupid customers

It was awesome

The manager was professional and asked work related questions. the process was incredibly fast where after 2 days I received the job offer. staff are friendly.

Warehouse environment

Bullying issues with staff especially from recruitment agency, happens at their warehouse site as well not enough is done about it, you have to have a strong personality to put up with culture which is basically run by one specific person and that persons followers

Pros

Cons

Hours were great 8-3

Will not recommended even to my worst enemy

Working at CW brought my self esteem and self confidence down! During the pandemic they forced us to use our annual leaves. Every one work there dying inside. If you want to work at a CW do not work at the city stores. You will regret it.

Pros

Cons

No incentives, Worst people management, theres so much more but dont want to waste my time

Bad work place

I work for this company for three months in that time they expect you to learn all about the company and then within the first week they make you learn everything that you need to able you role and if you don't you don't last

Pros

you pick your lunch break

Cons

everthing else

Exciting on day one, that’s all.

Owner talks about you behind your back to other staff. Talk to you in attitude and never appreciate your work, Owner stay on cctv camera all day Long looking after your each minute move. I couldn’t survive for even one month.

Pros

Cons

Minimum wage. I was full time employee and was getting paid 680 per week

loved it and hated it at the same time.

Store management and co-workers were an absolute delight to work with (they made working there worthwhile). Area Manager was incredibly overbearing, and expected you to go above and beyond for minimum wage. Work environment was very toxic, and a culture of working even though you are sick was drilled into us. Many workers got guilt tripped into accepting shifts or staying for longer hours because of pressure from area management. Enjoyed my time with my co-workers, but everyone including the pharmacists deserved better pay. If you like dealing with crackheads apply.

Pros

Great team members and Management, long hours

Cons

Pay, Employer

Unethical, do not care about customers or employees

I worked for chemist warehouse for around 7 years across multiple different roles and stores while I was studying pharmacy and becoming a registered pharmacist. It is very fast paced, they throw new staff in the deep end with no training - which puts extra pressure on the remaining staff. Virtually no staff have any pharmacy training or qualifications (no certs). They expect shops to run at minimal staffing . Heaven forbid you have a customer who needs assistance or advice. They push only the products that provide them with the highest profit margin, ignoring therapeutic guidelines for health. Head office is aggressive and rude. Expected to be dispensing 300 scripts per pharmacist, well over recommended guidelines. Once I became a registered pharmacist and worked out how little they actually care about health and patient safety, I got out as quick as I could. They are only interested in dollars and do not care about people or healthcare at all.

Cons

Unethical, long hours with no breaks, huge workload

Don’t work there

Don’t apply for this place, it is one of the worst places to work. Store owners only talk to you when you do something wrong. You can’t have a good day working.

Very productive and fun place to work in.

All my bosses were understanding there. You learn alot about the products they sell. Most of the customers were lovely to serve. It's a very fast paced place to work but the day went fast. My teammates were awesome to work with.

Pros

Free dinners when we had catalogue night and free movie nights.

Cons

Not enough time to help customers.

Reasons not to work at chemist warehouse

Working at chemist warehouse is not beneficial at all, The management across the stores is shocking I have worked there for 5 years and have been doing the same thing for 5 years they don’t like to promote people, if anything they would rather hire Someone who has no idea how the store is run then training employees who have been there for multiple years, they only care about the money coming in, they don’t care about the employees at all

Good to make work experience

Been there for almost 3 years.They had different owner bcoz this company is franchaise.Good job for first time if you don't have any experience. Not sure if you good or not, not sure the career too.But for surely we don't have union for protect us.

Pros

Staff sale

Cons

Full time amd pary time

workplace does not care about employees, manager favouritism

never allowed time off for personal reasons, not even for graduations or exams. not willing to help you find replacements so you can be covered either

Pros

discount on everything

Cons

managers don't care about employees life outside work

So happy to be no longer working here

Coworkers are great, they’re the only reason I stayed for as long as I did. Management is disgusting and have serious double standards for workers. If they like you, then feel free to stand around talking and going on your phone during your shift. If they don’t, make sure you’re constantly working and don’t go a minute over on your breaks otherwise you’ll get in trouble. Pay is absolutely TERRIBLE. They will hire you with all of these promises to advance and improve just to throw you on tills for 8 hours at a time without even providing you with a mat to stand on, leaving your feet to constantly ache even when you’re not working. I’m pretty sure my feet are permanently damaged from it tbh. I HATED working here. I worked weekends mostly and they didn’t even give us penalty rates. The expectations are just ridiculously unrealistic for the amount of money they give you. Not to mention they can afford to run two TV shows but can’t pay you above minimum wage. Chemist warehouse is an absolute joke.

Pros

10% discount, friendly coworkers

Cons

Excellent work environment though very fast paced

I've read some dreadful reviews here in regards to CWH but my personal experience has been nothing but positive. I think it depends on the owner, the manager and your co-workers as this is the best job I've had. Training is minimal so you do need to learn on the job, train on your own time and rely on your co-workers for help.

Pros

Great monthly goodie bags for attending training

Cons

Minimum wage is outrageously low, Management can pick and choose their favourite employees which can impact hours offered.

Terrible Experience Horrible Management

The managers here do not care about your health or any other priorities such as university. They also bully you if you have two jobs because you're not "committed enough". They don't uphold casual rights nor protections at work. They have been forcing people into signing part time contracts through coercion and threatening to take down hours on casual even though yes casuals don't have job security but pretty sure its against the law to cut down hours because you didn't do what your boss said. My poor friend wanted 2 days off to care for her sick grandmother and they were angry at her because she wasn't committed to the chemist and didn't give her shifts for 2 and a half months.

Pros

Most employees there are lovely, store is easy to get your head around.

Cons

Horrible Management who do not care about you, your health or your other priorities such as university, pay issues

Worst place to work!!!

Would not recommend Hervey Bay Chemist Warehouse. Retail Manager is a bully and Manager does not support staff or complaints. If you are not into back stabbing people this job is not for you. Management talk about staff and make fun of staff on a daily basis. Retail Manager sits watching staff on camera all day worrying about their lunch breaks. Horrible place to work!!!!

Pros

Leaving at the end of the shift

Cons

Friendly place to work hahaha what a joke.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemist Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Chemist Warehouse