Chemist Warehouse

Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Brisbane QLD10 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Product and fun place

Fun place to work for and fun with your employees. Employee is nice too. Career progression can happen a lot faster. I enjoyed working here snd would highly recommend

Stressful

Pay isn't enough to cover cost of living. It is very difficult to get a pay rise and there is little advancement. You could be assigned manager duties at anytime without the correct pay. Workplace morale is very low. Discounts are only up to 10% and more often than not items are not discounted at all. I witnessed multiple instances where my co-workers' safety where threatened by customers. Management does nothing for this. If you can handle it the job security is very good.Do yourself a favour and find work somewhere else.

Chemist Warehouse insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

pretty good but bad pay only $16 an hour

Most the people were nice but I wasn't there long. I don't think some of them liked each other and eventually like 5 people quit at once soo... I was only getting 16 so obvi can't afford even rent let alone food

Pros

free products

Cons

pay

Funfun

It was a good environment, with plenty to do. Customers were nice and the products were great value. Catalogue changeovers were a hassle because it was every two weeks.

Staff are great

Honestly only stayed longer because of the staff that worked with me. The managers and boss have no regards for your personal circumstances (sick/family). Pay is basically minimum wage ($15.90/hr before tax at 18y/o) with only a 10% discount in store. Very understaffed and overworked.

Pretty great for part timer

As with any retail, you get some really terrible customers but coworkers are generally great. A lot of products that you are expected to learn location of and have knowledge about with little training. Theres online e learning each month but most knowledge will come from experience. As a part timer, this job was pretty stress free, constant stock to put out

Pros

staff discount, consistent hours and easy to ask for more

Cons

disorganised storage rooms, really difficult to find items if they aremt on the shelves

loved it and hated it at the same time.

Store management and co-workers were an absolute delight to work with (they made working there worthwhile). Area Manager was incredibly overbearing, and expected you to go above and beyond for minimum wage. Work environment was very toxic, and a culture of working even though you are sick was drilled into us. Many workers got guilt tripped into accepting shifts or staying for longer hours because of pressure from area management. Enjoyed my time with my co-workers, but everyone including the pharmacists deserved better pay. If you like dealing with crackheads apply.

Pros

Great team members and Management, long hours

Cons

Pay, Employer

Good environment, nice workers and decent workload

The place was a nice atmosphere, friendly staff that are polite when asking for help and you're given a good amount of work. Jobs start basic, but not too easy or feeble, with stock replenishing.

Lively workplace with friendly people

As this school work experience for my Certificate II in Workplace Practices was without salary, I don't know much about their salary. Though all in all i really enjoyed and learnt alot.

Pros

Flexibility

Good workplace

Steady job with great job security and many opportunities to progress further. Long hours that start early and end late, no time to socialize

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemist Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chemist Warehouse with