Chemist Warehouse

Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Perth WA11 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

A little overwhelming constantly putting out stock

It's alright I guess. Love meeting new people to work with, you really get to make long-life friends. But the workload is horrendous. The management is very biased. It's hard to get time off because of how understaffed the store is.

Pros

Making cool friends

Cons

hard work, constant stock, short breaks

Fun and busy place

Fun and busy place to work at. Coworkers are friendly. The retail manager is good at organising the shop. Had the opportunity to learn about dispensary too as pharmacist student

Chemist Warehouse insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Terrible place to work

Really dead end job. Work as storeperson, was trained for 4 days before having to work by myself. Position im doing requires 2 - 4 people to run smoothly and achieve everything that needs to be done in the day, but they believe 1 person can sort out 120 - 200 boxes per day every day into their respective aisles and invoice them too. Half of the time the stock is out, invoicing is very confusing. No scanner guns, stocktake is done manually, always discrepancies, really poorly organised workplace. Not rewarding at all.

Pros

Paid lunch break

Cons

Extremely repetitive, mind numbing work, not rewarding, slow days, would have a better time bathing in acid.

Avoid Chemist Warehouse

As a full time worker, my time at Chemist Warehouse was stressful and it made me depressed. Management is terrible… they belittle you, they expect you to work even when you’re sick WITH a medical note and make you feel unbelievably guilty for taking any time off. So much pressure is put on you and I would go home every day feeling like my energy was sucked out of me. The pay is minimum wage yet they expect you to go above and beyond and work overtime. Avoid working here during Christmas time because it is crazy and you’ll have to work late on Christmas Eve and unable to take any time off.

Pros

Learn a lot here, sometimes get free products

Cons

Management, work environment

Would not work here

Was treated very poorly, management had no idea what they were doing and took them over a month to properly transfer me They only worry about getting all the stock out on shelves and filling I was then told there wasn’t much work for me and left practically in the dark for months , struggling to get a hold of someone then I was fired and the reason was because they couldn’t afford to give work to any of the casuals. After talking to a few loyal friends it turns out that some of the full timers had to take on more work and work night shifts as they were understaffed and even work in other stores. Even some were moved to a different store to help open only to then be told they were staying there permanently. They have no regard or sympathy for their workers at all and do what they please.

Cons

Don't apply for a job unless you're desperate

Worst employers I have ever worked for. The owners only care about making profit, they have no regard for employees or customers. All they see is dollar signs. Some managers are nice, but those ones usually get demoted. The managers who 'succeed' are usually bullies who will do anything to make profit for owners, they treat staff like garbage and are pretty rude to customers too. The pay is very bad, no penalty rates for nights or weekends (at least in WA). The job itself is repetitive and mind numbing. Always understaffed, which leads to customer complaints/grumpy customers (I don't blame them). The focus is on making sales rather than helping people, so you don't feel very satisfied after a day's work. Total disregard for OH&S issues and worker's rights.

Not fun

they were not very customer service orientated and are more interested in pushing sales and serving the next customer as quick as possible. They are more focused on their plannogrammes and store layout to get optimum sales which takes the focus off customers and actually working. You spend most of your time changing product placement and price changes

Pros

Helping customers and learning about the industry

Cons

short breaks, no benefits and over worked

Do you enjoy being broke all the time?

Managers are hit and miss. You may get a good one or you may get one that is a total bully. My old manager was great but after moving to a new store I got stuck with a manager who bullied staff, belittled them in front of other staff and also made us do product training in our tea breaks. The once a month catalogue training isn't paid training and we are expected to do it in the evening after work. It is not compulsory but you will be made to feel bad if you don't go. The pay is absolutely terrible, pharmacy award wage is one of the lowest in the country. You will only ever earn about $21 an hour which is ridiculous considering all the training you will be made to do, the amount of abuse you will cop from customers and the how hard you will be expected to work. It's Chaos. I am also completely disgusted and embarrassed by the amount of waste this company produces especially every two weeks on catalogue day when all the old tickets are thrown in the bin (not recycled) and new ones are put up. It is often the same product on special with the same ticket price just a different expiry date. Such a waste of paper. In addition to this all the promotional material - batwings, gondola headers, display boxes, security gate covers etc (a lot of which is plastic) are all changed fortnightly or monthly and usually thrown in the bin and then often replaced with exactly the same promotional material. So much waste in a world drowning in rubbish. I am ashamed I contributed to this for as long as I did. All that matters is money.

Pros

Nil

Cons

You will earn minimum wage for the rest of your life which is almost impossible to live off.

Cwh

I love everything about the company! The people I work with, The mantra of the company. Above all, the environment is great.............I LOVE IT!!!!!

Pros

Super nice boss

Cons

Rude customers

Not Much to say.

It was my first job while in school, pay was not the best and the management can be improved. The staff was like family, easy to get along with and to work in a friendly environment.

Average workplace

The majority of my colleagues are lovely people and the work environment is good. Although the balance of work load and training is not so great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemist Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chemist Warehouse with

Learn about Chemist Warehouse in Perth WA

• Chemist Warehouse
  • Perth WA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?