Chemist Warehouse

Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW23 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Low pay

Bad pay I do not recommend working here at all. You better off working at mcdonals or somewhere with better employee control. Promotion is a big nightmare.

Fun work

Good experience to get pharmacy roles, good to learn about pharmacy products, over the counter , provide training, reference, website in your workplace.

Chemist Warehouse insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Fun and productive place to work

Good work place culture, great management team that are not afraid to assist you when required. Fast paced environment with a huge focus on customer service, so you are never bored.Sales and budgets are pushed just like any other large business. This gives you something to work towards as a team.Great training programs and lots of freebies.

productive and fun

I really enjoyed working here..every morning excited to go to work as there is really employee friendly environment and high scope of professional and personal growth.

Pros

flexibility and friendly environment

Cons

keen for perfection

Always busy and understaffed

The management here is absolutely terrible. It's always understaffed on a hectic day and they expect you to complete a certain amount of work during the busy day (when you try to do something, there is always a customer at the counter waiting to pay). They pay you minimum pay, which is not worth it with the amount of work you have to do.

Amazing team

Great team work and fun environmentMonthly training is given with lots of goodiesNo stress and improve pharmacy knowledgeGreat management, lovely staff

Not sure

I just say dont work there. Pay is very less and dont even have ani sort of good discount thats 10% doesn't do anything and work is too much repective to the pay. I wouldn't suggest

Pros

Cons

Too many

Will not recommended even to my worst enemy

Working at CW brought my self esteem and self confidence down! During the pandemic they forced us to use our annual leaves. Every one work there dying inside. If you want to work at a CW do not work at the city stores. You will regret it.

Pros

Cons

No incentives, Worst people management, theres so much more but dont want to waste my time

Excellent for uni students

Although people complained about the pay, it is according to the award and the amount is definitely supportive for uni students. They offer very flexible hours as a casual. Work can get very busy, like dealing with all the products, setups, customers and the tills at the same time. Management is not so good, with limited career progression. It took me a long time to get to know and be close with the people i worked with, and it's the people that made work much better. Also be mindful of pharmacists, because most of the dispensary staff think they are better than everyone else, and they can get very impatient if you make a mistake. Keeping a good relationship with them just makes your life easier.

Terrible treatment

If you want to be over worked, underpaid, and treated terribly for no reason then work for CWH. You are a number! I worked for HO and well.. it was terrible.dont do it if you want respect

Voice Picking

Total waste of time, Pay is even horrible, one month is all it took for the agency to drop the pay rate and no one can make heads or tails with it, Another company just wanting to not train new people but throw them in the deep end, Most people didn`t know what they were doing, Being told have higher expectations of Voice picking was a joke when most of the headsets each day always having some sort of error, Oh and get this take it up with the supervisor`s or person in charge just to be told oh well keep trying to get the headset online, They didn`t care about people and there needs, Always one excuse after another. Do yourself a favor have a better job up your sleeve.

The worst company management

Customers are not REAL customers. Stores are full of daigou shoppers who are only there to resell the products for a profit in China. The shop is so busy and hectic there is no real customer service at all. In fact staff get told off for spending too long with any one customer, being told that you are wasting company time. Not to mention the serious OH&S breaches littered throughout the whole store. The tiny aisles are near impossible to manoeuvre in, especially with warehouse boxes full of stock we need to refill the shelves with. Fire exits and fire extinguishers are blocked with mountains of stock... thank goodness there hasn't been a fire hazard yet. The staff fridge has had cockroaches found inside of it at one point and we are expected to use that same fridge still everyday. Everything is filthy and disorganised. Shelves have never been cleaned for years. Pay is award rate but they are extra sneaky, they will only roster you consistently if you are a pharmacy student, pharmacist or in the vitamin aisle. Speaking of which there is a huge bias towards Chinese speaking staff because management are all Chinese and in on the daigou business. No career progression, pharmacists with actual degrees are being paid less than casual staff. If you are a serious pharmacist who values patient care you wouldn't be caught dead in this store. Most pharmacists and pharmacy students want to leave this company as soon as they find another position anyway and I think that says a lot about the company. Also staff discounts are only 10%.

Pros

nothing

Cons

short breaks, 10% staff discount, management and owners are bullies and treat you like slaves

Bad management

Owner and manager are bullies. No overtime hours payment. Work without breaks so many days, and still get 30mins taken out of the pay, never had 10mins morning tea break as well, when you legally have to. They don't care about your life outside of work. If they as you to come in, they expect you to be there.

Pros

Good work colleagues

Cons

Bad management

Provided endless opportunities.

Chemist Warehouse truly allowed me to develop all the skills that are necessary to effectively meet all the requirements of a challenging work environment.

Pros

Great management and staff.

Cons

Long hours and many rush periods, pay was not great.

good roles and responsibilities

Working at Chemist Warehouse in customer service department in Sydney, Australia for last 2 months. I did many jobs there. they are : 1.Handling customer queries 2.Selling goods 3.Handling customer complaint It is good working there however pay is not so good and i don;t find my job secure here. my vacations are coming and i need more jobs

Pros

find the job easy

Cons

not getting enough shifts and no good pay

red cross set up

management in my current company was very reliable and smooth but it has changed now a days as management people has changed. me and our some client are not happy with our management. i am not getting enough and appropriate job as i got before.

Poor Management

Mangement team not very friendly or helpful and advancement is a joke unless you one of the lucky people (1 in 1000000) the workers are nice though except a few but u expect that everywhere

Awesome environment to work in that was very friendly and enjoyable

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning something new every shift which helped me develop as an employee. I was a pharmacy assistant which was a busy job but it was interesting to learn the new products.

Chemist warehouse

Chemist warehouse was an overall pleasant company to work for, training was provided as part of ongoing education for new products and existing ones, Management was friendly and understanding. staff were friendly.

fun work environment, crazy and alot of learning

they have great staff, you learn so much skills and gain such great knowledge. very active and healthy. my bosses were great, theres so many new people you meet great and difficult customers but its a challenge and thats what i like. your taught to love what you do and how to work hard. overall it was great

Its a really good place to work people are amazing there,really good environment.

Its a really good and busy place to work people are just too amazing there but the saray isnt that good.Its a very big and busiest pharmacy with really good customer service.They train you almost in every department which is really good specially when u dont have any pharmacy experience before.I learned alot from there in customer service and in other departments.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemist Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chemist Warehouse with

Learn about Chemist Warehouse in Sydney NSW

• Chemist Warehouse
  • Sydney NSW
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?