Chemist Warehouse

Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews for Pharmacist

Pharmacist18 reviews
Australia18 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Very busy dispensaryOverbearing head officeLow salary

It is busy and may be intimidating but there are some helpful colleagues you can always ask. The workplace can be toxic and depressing sometimes.The job was secured by the low salary.

Personally a really good workplace for me.

All these reviews of chemist warehouse are valid and invalid too. The amount of times that my pay has not been correct is insane to even count. We were insisted to work our 10 hour shifts with just a 30 minute break. The management was so unorganised and the amount of times the "isle managers" would talk really bad about other people to each other is insane. 100% such a weird work place and would not recommend it to anyone. Please fix your management thanks.

Chemist Warehouse insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Absolutely Awful

Management is so poor and clearly try and take advantage of staff. Many staff quit within the first month once they realise the toxic environment. DON'T WORK HERE.

Stressful

It is as very stressful working place,you might feel excited and interesting at first, but after you experienced abuse and blame from your manager just because you can’t be fast at your work, which because thay give you two work at the same time (you today’s task and go to the till), you will find it is crazy to do your own task as soon as possible while go to the till every 30 seconds, i really hate this pattern.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Tired

It’s not the best job, not the worst either

A job in customer service where you get to experience different scenarios. It gets messy and busy at times but overall it is an okay working environment. Might be hard to apply for leave.

Personally a really good workplace for me.

All these reviews of chemist warehouse is wild. I personally love working there. Yeah there are times where the understaff environment shows but otherwise I do not get mistreated. It gets busy but that is because its a CHEMIST and we are so lucky to have products for not even that expensive at a local chemist for us. The pay is average and it's not bad either. It's not the best job to have if you are paying for rent or living individually but it's good pay for people who are just looking for a decent amount of money. The hardest part of the job is just the busy hours and when there is a lot of stock that needs to be put up, otherwise it's a very chill environment. The management is amazing at the chemist I work. I wasn't feeling well one day and I still wanted to work but the managers insisted on me leaving because they said I needed rest. I love it here

A good job as a first part time job. However, pay is not worth it and does get a lot of busy period.

You can be put on tills, doing stock, helping pharmacist in dispensary and some admin work which is usually done as over time. Can be a lot of stress especially during peak hours. However would recommend this job as a first part time job as you do get to build on a lot of soft skills.

Pros

The staff can be very friendly and fun to talk to. Good experience to build on soft skills.

Cons

Long hours and a very active job, can be tiring and stressful. Pay is not worth it.

loved it and hated it at the same time.

Store management and co-workers were an absolute delight to work with (they made working there worthwhile). Area Manager was incredibly overbearing, and expected you to go above and beyond for minimum wage. Work environment was very toxic, and a culture of working even though you are sick was drilled into us. Many workers got guilt tripped into accepting shifts or staying for longer hours because of pressure from area management. Enjoyed my time with my co-workers, but everyone including the pharmacists deserved better pay. If you like dealing with crackheads apply.

Pros

Great team members and Management, long hours

Cons

Pay, Employer

Unethical, do not care about customers or employees

I worked for chemist warehouse for around 7 years across multiple different roles and stores while I was studying pharmacy and becoming a registered pharmacist. It is very fast paced, they throw new staff in the deep end with no training - which puts extra pressure on the remaining staff. Virtually no staff have any pharmacy training or qualifications (no certs). They expect shops to run at minimal staffing . Heaven forbid you have a customer who needs assistance or advice. They push only the products that provide them with the highest profit margin, ignoring therapeutic guidelines for health. Head office is aggressive and rude. Expected to be dispensing 300 scripts per pharmacist, well over recommended guidelines. Once I became a registered pharmacist and worked out how little they actually care about health and patient safety, I got out as quick as I could. They are only interested in dollars and do not care about people or healthcare at all.

Cons

Unethical, long hours with no breaks, huge workload

overworked and underpaid

no encouragement to the workers.just go go go while being paid junior wages.i like the idea of learning all the processes but you should be paid accordingly.too many cheifs

Productive with good breaks

My typical day at work was mainly customer service, and i would help out throughout the store. THe hardestr part of the job was mainly the till work and the store room work

Absolutely terrible. High school environment

I worked in one of the SA stores. The bullying and harassment is disgusting. They treat customers like dirt. Management does nothing. They just care about the twice yearly reviews from heas office. The pay is low and not worth it for the work you have to do. The fact that they have to write down on a piece of paper when they go to the toilet and when they get back is horrifying. Who would want to take medical advice from someone who can't be treated as an adult.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Terrible environment, low pay

Fast-paced and demanding work environment with rewarding outcomes

Very demanding and fast-paced work environment with duties including dispensing & counselling medications, providing healthcare advice, recommending the right products, assisting customers in various needs as part of a team, etc. Seeing regular customers and patients and seeing how they're going with their medication management can be very rewarding.

Bad management

Manager is bad in managing the workplace such as being bias and racist among the workers Not having offs during study weeks Salary is alright

High customer flow rate

Often do 800 scripts a day Experience with LOTs dispense (have experience in FRED and Minfos dispensing systems from previous work and placements) Managing Webster patients (cold seal packing) Have SMS (HealthNotes) service Emphasis on customer retail service Experience in recording clinical interventions and the MedsCheck process Manage daily and monthly dispensary orders (including DC orders)

chemist warehouse

Chemist warehouse is a friendly, fun and caring company to work for. They value their employees. Chemist Warehouse taught me valuable customer service. Co-workers at chemist warehouse are very welcoming and easy to approach when needing help.

Great introduction to the workforce

Jobs and Responsibilities include:  Customer Service and Stock Maintenance  Efficient in ‘scripts in’ and ‘scripts out’  Gained more knowledge of a wide variety of the S2 and S3 medications available and occasionally speaking to the company reps regarding the products  Dispensing OTC and prescription medications using LOTS dispensing software  Efficient in submitting the claims  Submitting NDSS forms  Assisting the pharmacist with ordering stock  Assisting the Naturopath and the fragrance staff  Gained an understanding into a big business offering a wide range of products  Learnt to work in a big team

one of the best jobs

the work and people are the best to work with. it was fun everyone helped each other out when it seems hard at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemist Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chemist Warehouse with