Chemist Warehouse

Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate16 reviews
Australia16 reviews

2.3Pay & Benefits

Okay experience with the right people

It was okay nothing special. Senior employees and pay rate could be better and more experience needed too. Some areas are lacking in terms of employee pay rate needs to be higher for the number of hours we work

Only work for experienced

Only be employ here if no other place accepts you. As salary as very low with high pressures from customers coming in and out. Furthermore, a certain manager backed by a owner will force you to do work related activities via physical force.

Chemist Warehouse insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Good experience

I did this job for work experience. Learnt some good skills that undoubtedly helped me for my current work now. Very relaxed and laidback, never busy enough to make me run or break a sweat.

Great staff that made up for the not so nice environment/customers

Very fast paced depending on your store location, the paid is not great considering it minimum wage for maximum effort and responsibilities compared to other more relaxed retail jobs. Good place for 1-3 years/first job. But wouldn’t want to stay there long term. Great staff really helped as I met some great people!!

Find somewhere better to work. Chemist warehouse is an awful place to work.

-KPIs are hard to meet-not enough staff ever on-poor management -high staff turn over - extreme heavy lifting -stock person job is awful and so difficult. Processes are difficult and work conditions awful-so much stock to put away as is basically a warehouse job but with customers interrupting you and awful pay considering the amount of work

Low pay

Bad pay I do not recommend working here at all. You better off working at mcdonals or somewhere with better employee control. Promotion is a big nightmare.

Poor company to work for

Manager is narcissistic, lazy, gossips, tells staff confidential information. No idea how she still has a job there. Toxic work environment. Head pharmacist enables the toxic environment by never taking complaints by staff seriously.

Draining job, from day one felt unwanted and left out from the team.

Potentially could be great place to work, unfortunately right now I don’t believe it is. Management is poor, team morale is not a concern for the company and 99% of the staff will tell you they want to quit like they did for me on my first day. If you get the interview, good luck.

Fun workplace team environment

Great place to work, in a positive team environment. Nice working conditions and good people, although pay is the bare minimum, unless working on weekends and other bonus days.

Pros

Good Team Environment

Cons

Pay

I loved every minute working here

I learnt a lot working at Chemist warehouse, the staff were really friendly aswell and they helped me and taught me the ropes and ins and outs of working at chemist warehouse.

Pros

Was fun to work there

Cons

Can be boring if not in the mood

Productive and fun workplace

Great team environment and support from management, award rate of pay, decent working conditions. Plenty of learning and time flies by relatively quickly

Not Much to say.

It was my first job while in school, pay was not the best and the management can be improved. The staff was like family, easy to get along with and to work in a friendly environment.

Well structured and hard working environment

I learned a lot about all aspects of medicine and health, including vitamins, weight loss products, first aid products, different types of drugs. I also gained extensive knowledge of fragrances.

Very friendly team and fun in work

Job was regular and every day the same , very good for improve the customer service. Management very helpful and I get s lot of information about the working with team and about customer servis. Shift regularly every Thursday and Friday no complications with hours.

Busy store/

This is a fun and happy workplace with it feeling more like a family Alway's keeping up with high demand's in making sure customer's need's are met and checking the right information is given therefore checking with pharmacist Also the perfume counter is a busy part of the store as vitamin section is as well.I would highly recommend this job.

Pros

free sample l products regularly given.

Cons

fast paced.... constanttly very busy store.

A workplace to gain good work experience

A typical day at work involves dealing with internal customers and face to face contact with customers. Working in the customer service industry gave me the chance to spend my entire day communicating with people. The most benefit I had gained from working here is the ability to work with a diverse group of people. This allows myself to experience and deal with a mixture of personality types within the workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemist Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chemist Warehouse with