Chemist Warehouse

Chemist Warehouse Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant12 reviews
Australia12 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Too much work for the pay

they worked you very hard and expected you to work a lot of hours. the pay was bad. it was very tiring. required a lot out of you to do stock, and the small was small and cramped.

Pros

staff discount (20%)

Cons

tiring, stressful

Terrible place

Terrible pay for the amount of stress and work you have to do. I was thrown into deep end at day one with poor training. Fragrance section was so busy and constant stock coming in and manager telling me off for not sorting Fragrances out and putting stock out yet I'm always busy with customers.

Pros

Non

Cons

Terrible pay, stress, poor management

Chemist Warehouse insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energising work tasks

Horrible.

Would not recommend working at this company. If you do happen to take a job and experience any negative behaviour going on in the workplace I wouldn’t even bother reporting it to HR because they will not do anything about it.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Stressful. Poor management. Expected to run yourself ragged.

Not bad

Ok if you want a job, on your feet a lot, customers generally nice, pay isn’t the best but not the worst either. Depending on the customer, can be a good or bad experience.

Pros

Nice staff

Cons

Average pay

Great to work for

if your a kid still in school or even just finished school good to work for this company. Standard hours, great pay, fast paced so you wont find your self strolling around looking for anything to do.

Pros

good pay, good hours, job security

Cons

rude customers

money hungry driven mean management

No customer care required. Just take their money and move on to the next paying customer. don't talk too long if they aren't going to buy anything. I don't lie for anyone.

Pros

Cons

arrive at work early, no recognition. Take one extra minute for lunch and you are put on notice.

Not nice

I worked at the port Adelaide store I found the manager to be very rude For what they wanted done in a time frame was ridiculous when you were on main and backup for the day plus helping customers Some staff were favourites and got away with a lot etc didn’t open the Reggie took long tea breaks and lunch breaks The pay was horrendous for what need to be done They didn’t care about your family but if anything happen to theirs it was a big deal I always seem to get late finishes it was not shared properly I’m very disappointed

Pros

Discount

Fun place to work

My typical day at work could be boring at times as I was always on the front counter. However when it was busy in the store, I liked to interact with the customers which was the best part of the job. I didn't learn much at this job. At times it was hard to get along with some of the staff.

Pros

long lunch breaks

Cons

Hard to get along with staff

Productive workplace

Good work environment. Ability to advance to higher positions. Don’t get paid after shop closes regardless of having to stay back on average 15 minutes each shift. Roster is not flexible at all.

Cons

Strict roster

na

My beauty Spot (chemist Warehouse) is a great company to work at on a part time or casual basis for students. However I believe this company lacked basic respect for their employees and in ways felt bullied.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Basic respect

Busy so day goes faster

The job is okay, very fast pace and you have to be very open minded when it comes to customers. The management could use work as they are not very flexible.

Pros

The co workers

Cons

long hours, managment

Very Poor Salary

Very poor salary, they are looking mostly for people who are willing to do a lot of work for very little pay. I don't recommend working here unless you really are willing to do hard work for almost nothing. Include the cost of the bus getting to and from work, paying for your lunch, and you don't earn that much. People work there a few weeks and then leave because it's not worth it. $13 per hour is just hilarious. LOL.

Pros

Very easy interview

Cons

Very bad pay, hiring manager basically looks for people willing to do free labour.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemist Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chemist Warehouse with