Chemist Warehouse Pay & Benefits reviews

Nice workplace
Chemist Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW9 February 2018
I Therefore enjoy this job all the employees are good this job is nice and healthy feel welcomed on my first few shifts enojoy his job so much. I find everyone respectful and well mannered
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes over time
Normal Workplace with both advantages and disadvantages
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW29 December 2017
-Most workers are nice.
-Staffroom is a tad small.
-Working environment is okay, customers are generally nice.
-I learnt to be more resilient and independent from this job as it required efficient communication skills.
-You are required to be able to multi task as it can become very busy at times, especially before Christmas or any other type of holiday.
Pros
You get along well with some colleagues.
Cons
Breaks are short, long hours.
Lively workplace with friendly people
School Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 November 2017
As this school work experience for my Certificate II in Workplace Practices was without salary, I don't know much about their salary. Though all in all i really enjoyed and learnt alot.
Pros
Flexibility
Hostile work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenquarry NSW24 September 2017
Management was barely there, and when they were, they weren't very nice to staff. They had a very high turnover in staff. The company as a whole isn't very customer focused, it's just all about moving stock. Overtime was expected, and they didn't want to pay us for it.
How they treated staff wasn't acceptable in any sense
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Very long hours
good roles and responsibilities
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 September 2017
Working at Chemist Warehouse in customer service department in Sydney, Australia for last 2 months. I did many jobs there.
they are :
1.Handling customer queries
2.Selling goods
3.Handling customer complaint
It is good working there however pay is not so good and i don;t find my job secure here. my vacations are coming and i need more jobs
Pros
find the job easy
Cons
not getting enough shifts and no good pay
Productive and customer service driven atmosphere
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurstville NSW9 August 2017
Great colleagues and team work driven. Lots of opportunities to learn management and valuable retail skills. The hardest part was long extended hours working on the tills with long queues and sales for customers. Very busy and frantic at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and working with a team that has good work ethic and strives the excellence.
Pros
Often free food and celebrations etc
Cons
Long queues, busy store and many customers and long hours
Interested in pharmacy assistant
Customer service / sales ect (Former Employee) –  Essendon VIC30 July 2017
Good information on product knowledge An health , worked there part time was a neat little job........................................................
overall it was okay
Casual position (Former Employee) –  Crestmead QLD19 June 2017
I only worked here for work experience but there wasn't a lot of people there that were very talkative or friendly. the job was okay as the working hours weren't too long
Pros
decent hours
Cons
not a lot of friendly people
Very Poor Salary
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT10 May 2017
Very poor salary, they are looking mostly for people who are willing to do a lot of work for very little pay. I don't recommend working here unless you really are willing to do hard work for almost nothing. Include the cost of the bus getting to and from work, paying for your lunch, and you don't earn that much. People work there a few weeks and then leave because it's not worth it. $13 per hour is just hilarious. LOL.
Pros
Very easy interview
Cons
Very bad pay, hiring manager basically looks for people willing to do free labour.
friendly workplace, reliable
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chirnside Park VIC12 February 2017
chemist warehouse is a reliable job. Great staff to work with. Working here has taught me alot and gain confidence in the retail department. Salary is very poor though.
Efficient
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Sale VIC23 October 2016
I've learned many skills, management is flexible and the people I work with are very good at what they do, I have learnt valuable customer service skills, how your tone and body language can effect a sale. I am greatfull for all I've learned and all the staff that have been so helpful.
Pros
Many benefits
Cons
Changes your life habits and sleeping patterns
very rude co workers
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 September 2016
horrible work environment, very strict, was treated with no respect. the work was very easy i did not mind that it was just the environment and people i worked with. would constantly get told i was not good enough so i quit. worst job i have ever had!
Pros
Cons
low pay, very short breaks
Sound workplace with friendly staff and flexibility
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carseldine QLD17 September 2016
Low paying employment, understaffing issues but overall a good place to work with friendly staff, flexible hours.

Staff break times are appropriate, but staff room too small and cramped for number of employees.

Management sometimes approachable from my experience.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Understaffed
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  New South Wales9 September 2016
Good place to work , low pay sorta, make sure you if you resign to make sure your boss is there and don't just hand it to someone of staff otherwise they will make you look like the bad person and will not put in a good word if you do end up going into the company again in another city or town.
Fast paced, busy happy environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hillarys, WA24 January 2016
It is very busy at work in regards to customers and work load. I have gained a certificate in community pharmacy which the company pays for all employees to complete. Management is great but I assume it varies from store to store. I get along really well with all of my co workers and have massive support from all of them. Unfortunately being retail pharmacy the hours are not always great and the pay is not desirable.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay, bad hours, public holiday work
Bad management
PHARMACIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cannington WA11 January 2016
Manager is bad in managing the workplace such as being bias and racist among the workers
Not having offs during study weeks
Salary is alright