Chemist Warehouse logo
Chemist Warehouse
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Chemist Warehouse Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.1Work–Life Balance
2.5Pay & Benefits

Good to make work experience

Been there for almost 3 years.They had different owner bcoz this company is franchaise.Good job for first time if you don't have any experience. Not sure if you good or not, not sure the career too.But for surely we don't have union for protect us.

Pros

Staff sale

Cons

Full time amd pary time

Exciting on day one, that’s all.

Owner talks about you behind your back to other staff. Talk to you in attitude and never appreciate your work, Owner stay on cctv camera all day Long looking after your each minute move. I couldn’t survive for even one month.

Pros

Cons

Minimum wage. I was full time employee and was getting paid 680 per week

So happy to be no longer working here

Coworkers are great, they’re the only reason I stayed for as long as I did. Management is disgusting and have serious double standards for workers. If they like you, then feel free to stand around talking and going on your phone during your shift. If they don’t, make sure you’re constantly working and don’t go a minute over on your breaks otherwise you’ll get in trouble. Pay is absolutely TERRIBLE. They will hire you with all of these promises to advance and improve just to throw you on tills for 8 hours at a time without even providing you with a mat to stand on, leaving your feet to constantly ache even when you’re not working. I’m pretty sure my feet are permanently damaged from it tbh. I HATED working here. I worked weekends mostly and they didn’t even give us penalty rates. The expectations are just ridiculously unrealistic for the amount of money they give you. Not to mention they can afford to run two TV shows but can’t pay you above minimum wage. Chemist warehouse is an absolute joke.

Pros

10% discount, friendly coworkers

Great to work for

if your a kid still in school or even just finished school good to work for this company. Standard hours, great pay, fast paced so you wont find your self strolling around looking for anything to do.

Pros

good pay, good hours, job security

Cons

rude customers

overworked and underpaid

no encouragement to the workers.just go go go while being paid junior wages.i like the idea of learning all the processes but you should be paid accordingly.too many cheifs

A good place to work.

I had to pick and pack products in the warehouse. They gave me regular work hours. The pay scale was also fair enough. The working atmosphere was pleasant.

Eh - Not really worth it unless you're under 18

It was my job when I was around 15 years old - and although i wasn't treated poorly in any respect, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone over the age of 18 (unless you want to be a chemist).

Pros

Stable work, Stable work environment, Pretty flexible with hours.

Cons

Not enjoyable, Not always 100% friendly clients, They have terrible probationary hourly rate (which lasts for 6 months)

Productive and friendly environment to work

In chemist ware house it is easy and fun to work.All the staff are very good and also provide well training as well. It have got friendly environment to.work.Talking about salary it is good and enough for our living as we are a student. It is good.

Toxic and sad environment

I worked here for 5 years during this time the store owner and all but 1 manager I had during this time bullied me to the point I could no longer return to work. When I resigned I told them they need to improve the way they treat staff as most of the staff in the store were depressed as a result of treatment to which they didn't respond or show any genuine care. During my time there I loved working with the other staff however we were told not to speak to each other and to "make friends elsewhere" the management would often spread rumours about staff and turn them against each other for what seemed like their own enjoyment. The job itself is easy and there are some company benefits however there is very little room for growth.

Poor Pay

This job UNDERPAYS - and you are usually required to work massive 8 hour shifts too for almost nothing - there are no benefits except for a poor 10% discount. Don't do it.

Jobs at Chemist Warehouse

See more jobs

Not fun

they were not very customer service orientated and are more interested in pushing sales and serving the next customer as quick as possible. They are more focused on their plannogrammes and store layout to get optimum sales which takes the focus off customers and actually working. You spend most of your time changing product placement and price changes

Pros

Helping customers and learning about the industry

Cons

short breaks, no benefits and over worked

Bad management

Owner and manager are bullies. No overtime hours payment. Work without breaks so many days, and still get 30mins taken out of the pay, never had 10mins morning tea break as well, when you legally have to. They don't care about your life outside of work. If they as you to come in, they expect you to be there.

Pros

Good work colleagues

Cons

Bad management

Fun workplace team environment

Great place to work, in a positive team environment. Nice working conditions and good people, although pay is the bare minimum, unless working on weekends and other bonus days.

Pros

Good Team Environment

Cons

Pay

was glad to leave

I agree with some of the reviews, boring and repetitive. Apart from the lovely workers, management not so much it was bearable for the short time I was there. I was just brain dead at this place had to move on. Okay place for short term or students needing part time work.

Pros

Nice co workers. reasonable retail experience penalty rates a bonus.

Cons

being bored to death and working around sick people.

Productive and fun workplace

Great team environment and support from management, award rate of pay, decent working conditions. Plenty of learning and time flies by relatively quickly

Fun workplace

Chemist warehouse is a fun place when you are working with your friends. Yes the work is easy, but it is tedious and not very fun. Another downside is that they pay is very low.

Nice workplace

I Therefore enjoy this job all the employees are good this job is nice and healthy feel welcomed on my first few shifts enojoy his job so much. I find everyone respectful and well mannered

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Sometimes over time

Normal Workplace with both advantages and disadvantages

-Most workers are nice. -Staffroom is a tad small. -Working environment is okay, customers are generally nice. -I learnt to be more resilient and independent from this job as it required efficient communication skills. -You are required to be able to multi task as it can become very busy at times, especially before Christmas or any other type of holiday.

Pros

You get along well with some colleagues.

Cons

Breaks are short, long hours.

Lively workplace with friendly people

As this school work experience for my Certificate II in Workplace Practices was without salary, I don't know much about their salary. Though all in all i really enjoyed and learnt alot.

Pros

Flexibility

Hostile work environment

Management was barely there, and when they were, they weren't very nice to staff. They had a very high turnover in staff. The company as a whole isn't very customer focused, it's just all about moving stock. Overtime was expected, and they didn't want to pay us for it. How they treated staff wasn't acceptable in any sense

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Very long hours

good roles and responsibilities

Working at Chemist Warehouse in customer service department in Sydney, Australia for last 2 months. I did many jobs there. they are : 1.Handling customer queries 2.Selling goods 3.Handling customer complaint It is good working there however pay is not so good and i don;t find my job secure here. my vacations are coming and i need more jobs

Pros

find the job easy

Cons

not getting enough shifts and no good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemist Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Chemist Warehouse