Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CHEP Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews
Really good was amazing there the people where friendly. The managers where easy to talk to. The ethnic of different cultures was great. They always thanked us for our hard work. And we got.treated with a bbq
Friendly colleagues, great place to develop new skills and progress in your career. Also were flexible on taking days for personal health and wellbeing.
I love to work there because the people are freindly, respectfully and helpful. I strongly recommended to the people who want to be a part of a machine operator team should apply for this job. The pay rate is quite high and the people is easy going. Being a real machine oparator you should apply it now.
I enjoyed working in this fast paced environment. It was in a handy location also. However when there was shortage of staff it would leave us stressed with a lot of workload. I worked with great people though and overall experience with Chep was it was a good workplace.
I first started as a machine operator. Then I got moved to a despatch officer. I worked there doing data entries and despatching. We wash Woolworths crates and Aldi.
A very well managed workplace . Safety is a number one priority and also the workplace gets awards for hard workers etc extra money bonus and a bbq .
Pros
Free Lunch and Award Bonuses
Cons
8 hours
- 8 hours per day
- proper way of wearing PPE

- prestart inspection of machines

- Using power tools and manual equipment

- friendly environment

- early start/finish
It takes very long for just one small issue to reach to management and for them to give solution.

Can’t take leaves and if you are casual then there is threat of job security if you take leave.

Even if you work as a casual for long regularly like permanent no chance of getting actually permanent

Very low wages comparatively for this hard nature job where you do really tough job.
Pros
Friendly Workers
Cons
Large gap for things to happen between higher management and production manager
good money and good people. the only problem i had would be with the bosses or supervisors, who tend to be pushing and sometimes bullying my fellow team members but other then that the work is very good and the money is good
Pros
Good pay and some free lunches
Cons
Supervisors and unimaginative targets
Learnt driving forklift here and great place to work
pay is very less and no job permanency

best people to work in the industry

would love to work agan
Pros
Great people
Cons
poor managment and lost major contract
if u would like to get treated like ..... then go work their pays is always late or some times u gta wake a couple weeks job it self is ok just manage ment is ..
Pros
good money when u do ovetime
Cons
pay is always late
We repair and wash dirty pallets and bins. 538 pallets per person to repair a day and 500 bins to be washed daily. We learn to work together as a team by having good communication skills and work ethic.
Pros
On going work
Cons
Low rate. No free lunches. No permanent employment for 2-3 years.
Couldn't work for a better company. Wonderful challenge and opportunities for growth. Advancement is there if you are well motivated, Good work life balance
Pros
World wide multi national
Cons
Few cons
was great working here. something different and something that anybody can pick up and do. fixing pallets is a job not many think of but its awesome and the pay is good. not too sure about the chep in nz though
Pros
good environment
Cons
nothing
a typical day at work was good, as so as the company around, fellow work members are kind, housekeeping is a must which is good also management is on point.
good job, but only a bit of favouritism. workers there are great to work with. but the workload is too much, need to give more opportunities for workers to try out new roles.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Chep. It was a great place for my career progression. I have learnt alot doing my role and have valued my time there. I find that I with the change in management that i had in my team, I find that it is challenging. But it made me adapt well with my future roles. I have learnt to step up and take responsibilities where there is no support there at a given time to help with business decisions.
This workplace was a really good job because of the people you meet. Great management and everybody willing to work really hard to hit the targets we were given.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No overtime
Great work culture and environment. Became a team leader and learnt many skills about the machine and workplace. Staff and management were great and friendly. Would recommend people to work there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Machines kept breaking down
Chep was a good place to work for and work with the environment is safe and friendly, we had the zero harm program that helped my team to keep our bodies aware of what's around us in the workforce and to make sure that we had time to warm up and cool down every day. when it's time to work we work hard and when we have smokeo we have fun with our conversations and sometimes work things out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Chep had a very structured approach to the workflow and advancing from the floor into management was a hugh learning curve. The culture was fantastic and everyone supported one another. The hardest part of the job was having to let someone go who had not followed the policies and displayed a threaten manner to their co-workers. This behavior was not tolerated and I had to dismiss them without prejudice.
Pros
Great incentives through regular BBQ and other group activities
Cons
Long hours became expected