CHEP Employee Reviews

Forklift Driver ( Twin Tyne) (Current Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW13 June 2019
Learnt driving forklift here and great place to work
pay is very less and no job permanency

best people to work in the industry
would love to work agan
Pros
Great people
Cons
poor managment and lost major contract
slave job
Pallet repairer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dandenong South VIC16 April 2019
if u would like to get treated like ..... then go work their pays is always late or some times u gta wake a couple weeks job it self is ok just manage ment is ..
Pros
good money when u do ovetime
Cons
pay is always late
Excellent company with great management and Exceptional culture
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 August 2018
Couldn't work for a better company. Wonderful challenge and opportunities for growth. Advancement is there if you are well motivated, Good work life balance
Pros
World wide multi national
Cons
Few cons
good company to work for
Pallet repairer (Former Employee) –  Queensland22 May 2018
was great working here. something different and something that anybody can pick up and do. fixing pallets is a job not many think of but its awesome and the pay is good. not too sure about the chep in nz though
Pros
good environment
Cons
nothing
big lunch room
Pallet Repairer (Former Employee) –  Erskine Park NSW25 March 2018
a typical day at work was good, as so as the company around, fellow work members are kind, housekeeping is a must which is good also management is on point.
fun people to work with
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver NT7 November 2017
good job, but only a bit of favouritism. workers there are great to work with. but the workload is too much, need to give more opportunities for workers to try out new roles.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Chep
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW28 September 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Chep. It was a great place for my career progression. I have learnt alot doing my role and have valued my time there. I find that I with the change in management that i had in my team, I find that it is challenging. But it made me adapt well with my future roles. I have learnt to step up and take responsibilities where there is no support there at a given time to help with business decisions.
Productive and fun
Machine Operator/Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD26 September 2017
This workplace was a really good job because of the people you meet. Great management and everybody willing to work really hard to hit the targets we were given.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No overtime
Great company
Machine Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW13 August 2017
Great work culture and environment. Became a team leader and learnt many skills about the machine and workplace. Staff and management were great and friendly. Would recommend people to work there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Machines kept breaking down
hard working team and haveing fun at the same time.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 May 2017
Chep was a good place to work for and work with the environment is safe and friendly, we had the zero harm program that helped my team to keep our bodies aware of what's around us in the workforce and to make sure that we had time to warm up and cool down every day. when it's time to work we work hard and when we have smokeo we have fun with our conversations and sometimes work things out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Productive fun work place with Table tennis table
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clayton South VIC27 April 2017
Chep had a very structured approach to the workflow and advancing from the floor into management was a hugh learning curve. The culture was fantastic and everyone supported one another. The hardest part of the job was having to let someone go who had not followed the policies and displayed a threaten manner to their co-workers. This behavior was not tolerated and I had to dismiss them without prejudice.
Pros
Great incentives through regular BBQ and other group activities
Cons
Long hours became expected
Good job for maintaining fitness
Pallet repairer/Production worker (Current Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW5 March 2017
A thoroughly enjoyable job, though very repetitive. You need to have a strong body and mind along with perseverance. Supervisors are good to work alongside with. Most people are friendly and hard working.
Pros
Free fruit days
Cons
Repetitive work: Hard on shoulders and neck, though you do get use to it.
quick and enjoyable
Pallet repairer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA2 March 2017
this was a fast paced line which i worked on night shift and i really enjoyed i liked working fast to achieve the set quotas for the night and the atmosphere and team of workers was great always helping one and other out if someone was falling behind i had to leave this company because i was expecting my first baby and asked to be transfered to another shift but there were no positions on the other shifts for me
Great Team and the boss was very productive with employees
Labor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC28 February 2017
Helping others like new recruits its their first time on a fast base line and they cannot keep up but just helping them out till they get the hang of the job
Productive and fun working with team mates
Pallet repairer/plant operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC27 July 2016
Working with chep was good, money wise was alright, but the rotating shifts was a bit hard. Messed up your sleeping patterns and if you do long hours you'll have no time to spend with family. Im not saying the job was bad it's just that I was trying to balance work and family at the same time but it didn't seem to work out. I needed a fixed shift, ongoing job with a good rate to support my family. To be honest I will dedicate to a secure job that'll look after me and i sure will do the same like wise.

Thank you.
Strong Management team = Good work place
Storeman/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Western Australia29 February 2016
Great Company to work for.
Strong Management team.
Clear instruction on daily tasks.
Fair days pay for a fair days work
Fun place to work
good atmosphere between all shifts
Day Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clayton South, VIC14 December 2015
get roster assign jobs check data input from previous shift is correct,check quality and do surveys check paint line is running and stencil is clear end of day put data in.
Pros
bbq end of month if targets met
Cons
hot and dusty during summer very cold during winter in the shed
good management and a great workplace
Forklift Driver (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Canningvale, WA24 June 2015
the work consisted of pallet fixing and cleaning haztainers before they are stacked and loaded on trucks. productive workplace and had good teamates that showed me the ropes. fast-pace working.
Very professional results oriented company
Shared Services Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney1 June 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was that it was results oriented and had generally a free hand within strict budget constraints.

Co-workers and fitting in was easy once you proved your self. Extremely co-operative and team concept. Flat management structure was conducive to resultant success.

Off shoring within a Shared Services concept and handling the resultant redundancies was the hardest part of the role.
Pros
Team lunches, Zero Harm policies and excellent OHS standards with continous improvement
Good money, Very busy.
Afternoon Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gillman, SA9 April 2015
Very busy from the time you start to the time you finish.Hard to fit in when you are not a long time employee. They will look after you when you have been there a while. Safety is good but does need improving which should come in time.
Pros
Fortnightly BBQ paid for by company.
Cons
Long hours, not alot of support after 6 months of being there.