Chevron Employee Reviews

Found 62 reviews matching the search See all 3,999 reviews
Chevron
instrument tube fitter (Former Employee) –  Barrow Island WA25 April 2019
Very Good Employer, camp and workplace both well maintained . Chevron staff always helpful when asked for advice or direction , would work for this company anytime when asked.
Forward thinking organisation
Chem Alert Administration & Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perth Central Business District WA24 February 2019
I was always treated very well. very modern, forward thinking organisation with an outstanding care for safety. Good work life balance and easy going staff who let you get the job done.
Great learning experience
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Perth Central Business District WA12 February 2019
Great teams, great opportunity to work on major capital projects and learn form the best in the industry. Remuneration and bonuses are generous and above industry average.
ok
Admin/HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA24 January 2019
Standard working conditions of that of an oil and gas giant.
low moral towards end of the project.
long hours if you are prepared to work for the money
Pros
money
Cons
Great place to work excellent atmosphere and quality porcesses
Deputy Buisiness Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth Australia23 December 2018
Excellent culture , safety first , do it once and do it right attitude makes you get things done well and not have to rework
Excellent life balance , take care and attention of your health in all aspects. Positive atmosphere
High effort expected with little support or professional development
Gorgon Project Site Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrow Island WA14 December 2018
A typical day was full-on with continuous pressure to meet project milestones.
The project grieved from a lack of control in the pre-construction discipline/inter-discipline checks, vendor document reviews, and vendor/yard QA/QC inspections. Some basic installation designs and interfaces were flawed, requiring extensive site rework.
Management was siloed and resisted the team's recommendations for the practical work-a-rounds. Both staff and contract personnel were insecure in their positions.
The workplace culture was based on sound HSE policies, but somewhat lacking in practice. While teamwork was fostered, there individual ownership was lacking.
The most difficult part of the job was in meeting unachievable timelines, due to the large quantity of incomplete/faulty fab-yard work and the avoidable rework required for compliance with Company and statutory standards.
Landing at Perth airport was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
The challenge and satisfaction of rectification.
Cons
Long hours and poor recognition of effort
Join only if you can wag your tail !!!
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 October 2018
Opinions of only 'loyal' AMERICAN employees matter.
Chevron Australia management is dominated by american managers and strongly controlled by those bureaucratic people.
Cannot handle a "no" or "this is not right" answers.
Australians and their experience is not valued.
US employees are given high allowances and seconded to Australian operations, but Australian employees are made redundant.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Low job satisfaction, lot of politics
Operational Start up Advisor (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 September 2018
Poor decision makings and do not adhere to experience staff. If they feel insecure due to their own short comings, they will make you redundant. Alot of politics.
Pros
Pay higher than market for loyalty
Cons
Promotion is not based on capability
Exciting Project to have the opportunity be involved in.
Permit Control Officer - Chevron Wheatstone LNG (Current Employee) –  Onslow WA4 September 2018
Having been with Chevron for the construction and commissioning phases the conditions and remuneration have been good. You are expected to pick up things fast and met their standards but you are helped by capable people with a strong work ethic.
Great company to be with
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tengiz10 July 2018
All else are great except as a contractor, there's not much of job advancement opportunity, job is not secure even if you are the good and obedient one
Pros
Well taken care of
Cons
No career advancement nor job security
Best worksite and work experience I ever had.
Site/Area Planner (Former Employee) –  Barrow Island, Western Australia30 June 2018
To be in Chevron with a very large Oil and Gas project is a dream come through to anyone, been fortunate to give my best to my superiors, pears and team. All is taken cared-off from plane tickets during my R&R to accommodation/food and other incentives.
Pros
Good environment and complete facilities with a lot of food to choose from.
Cons
Only successful due to their large size
Information Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 June 2018
Rigid bureaucratic systems that focus on procedure and documentation but not within the framework of a quality management system that allows improvements. A culture of expecting engineers to justify earlier technical decisions by others, however poor, rather than apply their own expertise. Poor knowledge management and communication between operational groups.
Good organisation to work for
SENIOR CLAIMS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA23 May 2018
I worked for chevron twice both on contract terms and they were good to work for while it lasted I worked in yhe marine section during the construction phase bur was based in perth which was a 7 hour flight from my home in brisbane.I went home every 2 weeks so it was quite tiring with the travel involved.I did not make it to the site but worked remotely in perth on contract claims.
Pros
Good organisation skills
Cons
Only hired for a specific role .No career path
Certainly not a fun place to work however some good people employed there
QA/QC coordinator / Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrow Island WA18 May 2018
A typical day at work was frustrating with the company trying to impose a "One size fits all" culture here in Australia regarding procedures and management process

Difficult to learn anything really as the culture was not really geared to individual learning, more a culture of "Do as I say & not as I do"

The hardest part of the job was to achieve anything as there was no sense of logic behind corporate decisions

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was leaving!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Horrible rosters
Safety
Warehouse Trainee (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA23 April 2018
Working for Chevron was good.
Working close to home which I enjoyed.
Commuting to work on the bus every morning.

The safety culture was huge.
Chevron safety and expectations was a big part of the job.
Each and every employer, no matter what position you were.
It was compulsory to do safety checks.
Secure Company
OTS Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 April 2018
Chevron is a great place to work.

You are able to raise your family consistently over a 30 year period if you are working at Chevron.

Although international markets drive commodities, Chevron has remained stable for over 100 years. They are a global oil company and I was able to take advantage of involving myself from a global prospective.
Pros
Safety conscious
Cons
International market drives commodities
safety, efficiency, reliability, great team environment, a pleasure to go to work
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Barrow Island W.A. Australia11 April 2018
Having being seconded to Chevron directly, it is a very professional operation, with the future of safety & long term full fulfilment for the right people with a good work life balance,
Great to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 March 2018
Extensive internal stakeholders meetings with some personnel not experienced for their roles. Not much training and development was offered during my time. Fairly good workplace culture.
excellent enviroment
Contracts Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Perth WA2 March 2018
Chevron was my school. My manager encouraged me to go further than I thought.
I would recommend to any person that has the opportunity to work in Chevron to don't hesitate and take it
Line management in commissioning phase
Commissioning Permit Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA8 February 2018
construction phase management a pleasure to work with however in the commissiong phase line management were Narsistic,self opinionated ,not willing to involve experienced contractors generally not a pleasent working atmosphere I personally was glad when my contract ended
Pros
In construction phase great management interaction
Cons
Commissioning line management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chevron. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K