Chicken Treat Employee Reviews

Not very nice staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 March 2019
Customers are quite nice. Staff and management however are rather unkind. They don't often care about others feelings and will often gossip about all staff behind their backs. Was not a great environment to work in. There were some kind staff members though. You could definitely get along with them.
Pros
Cheaper food items
Cons
Staff and managers
Great Fun!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waikiki WA12 February 2019
For my very first job it was a great experience, unfortunately due to an incident our store was closed, when it was re-opened i was never offered my job back, instead they hired all new staff members.
Pros
free food
Cons
fire
was a fun work environment
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mirrabooka WA13 January 2019
it was a good place to work at while i was younger. It was a good and fun work environment and everyone was nice and friendly we all enjoyed working together but management got to me and I had to leave.
fun
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe WA9 January 2019
Preparing food such as rolls and burgers, cleaning utensils and trays, clean floors, dispose of rubbish, customer service and move stock. I would have finished the day’s work then started on the following day’s work to make the next day easier and faster.
Chicken treat
Multi Skilled Crew member (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 January 2019
Had an enjoyable and progressive time there was never a time where i thought there was nothing to do it was also an active environment i could come in and do orders and prepare stock while serving customers.

There was always something different to learn by doing something a more efficiently or faster methods.

The staff i worked with and supervised listened to instructions and followed them clearly without hiccups and new staff were easy to put into a working flow by starting them off at the bottom like washing dishes, and working their way up to the kitchen
Pros
free lunch flexi hours i was essentially the boss on at all time
Cons
sometimes stressful
it was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe WA14 December 2018
Gotta day the food was great, the other staff weren’t too bad either.
Was a great experience that trained me to be quick and attentive when serving customers and keeping everyone happy. The uniform was cute and stylish and the store didn’t look too bad either. Props to the manager at the time for being cruisy.
Pros
Staff discount & free meals (occasionally)
Cons
Rush hour, pushy boss, was always stuck at the counter.
productive
BACKHAND ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 December 2018
A typical day at Chicken treat would include walking in with the appropriate attire, acknowledging the managers and ready to start your day. Some days can be long and tiring others can be easy and time will pass by quickly. Working in Chicken Treat has given me many helpful tips about working, I have learned what it is like to work under pressure, as well as the hard labor, although this has helped me endure those moments and adjust to them. The management at chicken treat is professional and they definitely do not expect any disappointments from staff members. They display a positive and caring attitude toward anyone from customers to delivery men. The workplace culture is always positive and diverse you would find they have an uplifting vibe. The hardest part in working at Chicken Treat would have to be enduring the long hours at work as well as the hard labor that comes with it, although I have found that it has helped me in understanding with what is expected in working in such an environment and I have learned to adjust. The most enjoyable part in working at Chicken Treat would have to be seeing the smile and positive responses that the customers give about the environment, i also enjoy the take-home packages the managers give on occasions.
Pros
Free take home packs
Cons
Good learning environment with a lot of experiences
Cashier/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA7 November 2018
A typical day at work would be a 5-6 hour shift. The shift would include restocking the desserts and drinks in the fridges, cleaning the rotisseries (on a nightshift), cleaning surfaces and floors, washing dishes, prepping burgers, wraps and serving customers at the cashier and drive-thru. I learnt that despite being in an environment with other team members, there are still independent and individual things that you need to do to make the process work. The hardest part of the job was that I was young and sometimes had to manage both the cashier and kitchen if it was just myself and the manager on the shift. The enjoyable part was serving customers and providing them food.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks
Productive workplace and good people to work with.
KITCHEN HAND (Former Employee) –  Dunsborough WA29 October 2018
I enjoyed working in a productive workplace, in a good environment, that had very good training, good pay, and good people to work with. I learnt a lot of skills that are very handy and I enjoyed my role as Kitchen Hand.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough hours
I worked there a long time when I was yonger. Enjoyed it.
Assistant manager (1 year) (Former Employee) –  Geraldton28 October 2018
I was 13 when I started working there. Promoted to a manager when I was 18 you are encouraged to work hard and go somewhere with it. But I decided to leave for more money the pay isnt great.
Pros
Discounts on food.
Cons
Shifts, lack of career.
Bad Workplace and Bad Management
ALL ROUNDER (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 October 2018
I started working there as a kid in high school. Routinely bullied by bad managers into doing tasks which were not part of the job and with no prior training provided.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Bad Culture
good worplace
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA1 August 2018
good workplace nice staff.
good pay lots of training and heaps of fun.
i dont have anything else to say but this thing wont let me stop. eirnghy4e7gegg
Productive, welcoming environment and fun team members
Cashier/ Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Moura QLD10 July 2018
Chicken Treat was a well managed, fun, welcoming, productive organisation. As a manager, I would come in fifteen minutes early so I could talk to the manager I was taking over for to see if there was any problems or anything I need to know or be aware of for my shift.
I would then do all the required tasks.
The hardest part of my job was when it got extremely busy and the kitchen hand's shift hadn't started and then I would be by myself serving and cooking the customers orders.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working in a team and getting along with everyone. I also loved talking to the customers and finding out new things.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Being by myself for a long period of time
it wasn't real great
customer service (Former Employee) –  Merriwa WA23 May 2018
the managers were always fighting and they had bad reviews which meat lots of angry customers. I did my very best in the store and got lots of compliments for my work but got $11 per hour and 2 shifts a week.
Pros
got 20%of meals
Cons
not many shifts, angry customers and constant arguing out back.
good first job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carramar WA9 May 2018
chicken treat was a good first job for me after arriving from Scotland, it helped me gain confidence with working in the customer service region and I was able to gain experience with cash and register handling
Pros
good staff to work with
Cons
small shop
A challenging place to gain cooking, cleaning and customer services skills.
Kitchen hand/higher duties (Former Employee) –  Maddington WA3 May 2018
A busy place to work where you can develop many skills.
These skills vary from cooking/cleaning to managing and directing an entire work team.
There may be times of heavy grief as many customers can be quiet short with those serving them. This is where gaining the skills to open customers up to you about there issues, is one i take seriously.
In my experience, a disruptive or difficult customer usually is carrying a huge weight on their shoulders.
I have personally encountered a few situations where people have apologised for there discretion's and have gone on to explain current matters in their own lives that influence their behaviour.

This was a large part of my experience when working at Chicken Treat. Never being short with customers but give them the attention that they need to give a positive customer experience.
Pros
A challenging place of work and is worth the perseverance.
Cons
N/a
its been to long
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA2 May 2018
its been so long since i remember the job at all, the staff was always rude in all aspects of the job. the manager was always rude and unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
the whole job
casher
Customer service, (Former Employee) –  Broome WA27 April 2018
i loved working at chicken traet as i had grate work mates and a grate boss i loved the people and i never got bored in my job roll and i always had something to do .
Pros
grate boss
Cons
i had to quit to move
Family friendly environment
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Gosnells WA25 April 2018
Family friendly environment

Good fun

Good people

Learn a lot about hygiene with food

Learnt how to cook

Good pay

Loved costumer service work

Nice company
Cool but very busy workplace
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 April 2018
Always doing something, efficiency was the key thing at this workplace. Always had to have a smile and stay hygienic. Lovely place to work and the boss was very cool.