Chicken Treat
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Chicken Treat Employee Reviews

Australia106 reviews
My work mates and I were treated very poorly. Getting yelled at constantly for no reason. Im sure not all chicken treat places are like this it would have just been this particular one.
Picture a 14 year old kid, first job, excited to start earning money. Rough start with only 3 shifts training but it's alright, it's not particularly the most hardest job out there. Basically you gotta serve customers (take orders and pack 'em), clean, make boxes for food, and help restock/rotate stock. Before/After the shift you count the money in your till.

You'll have you and a manager morning shift, and two people and manager night shift. Pretty much all staff were great. People got along, well enough anyway. Most staff you'd only see during shift change overs.

What wasn't fun was when you were forced to work with the owner's kid, or had the unpleasant experience of meeting the owner themselves. Adult child had the position of 'Store Manager' except they didn't really do much management themselves, was sitting on their phone most of the time and then bossed other people around to do their job. Made the simple act of having a bathroom break during a quiet period seem like were gonna go smoke outside for two hours. Would randomly cancel shifts if they were working with you and didn't like you.

Store owner themselves had a superiority complex and doesn't understand priorities. Would make you restock the freezer that instant even if there was a customer waiting to be served. If you didn't, you'd be screamed at.

But yeah, otherwise easy job. Phones got locked up, had to pay for a drink. Got called up 2 months after I applied and got hired on the spot, didn't get an uniform for 2 months and had to share hats.

uhhh good thing? free food yeah that's it.
I find that when I work at chicken treat the staff members can be nasty and you feel like you have to compete with other staff in order for you to keep shifts
At chicken treat you are always greeted with a smile from all fellow coworkers. Managers are always understanding with given notice about time off/being late ect.
Although i have made some great friends at Chicken Treat, its good for a first job, but not a career. I've been there for 2.5 years and want to leave.
They only focus on hiring younger people to have on their staff so they can get underpaid and overworked. Worked more hours there than I do now and got paid a lot less
Stressful environment, rude manager, overworked, overwhelming, no breaks, unfriendly and unhelpful staff. Only highlight was the nice customers who told me it was ok to breathe.
Didn't pay you enough. All offer cash in hand money.less experience management very poor with financial. Bad attitude with staff . They felt like they own the five star hotel 🤣🤣
Reasonable work environment
Good people

Bosses are good with everyone (very friendly)

good Hours

Reasonable pay

Never boring

Fast pasted working

Always things to do
was good place to work
lovely staff

nice location

was fast working and i went as full time staff and left and manger but i would like another chance to do management again
I learnt about customer service, money handling, restock of products and simple food prep. My most important skill learnt would be my ability to multitask, I am extremely efficient and thorough with my work and I am able to do more than one thing at once due to the number of tasks I had to do daily.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners
Cons
Nasty customers
chicken treat is very eh. it's standard fast food but my experience was very up and down. they definitely prefer younger workers over the quality of work, so once you hit 18 your hours get cut right down, but if you're under 18 the hours are usually pretty good, especially if you aren't restricted by school or sports. the customers were probably the worst part of the job, very impatient and rude and sometimes threatening. long story short if you're a teenager looking for a first job it's alright, but but please only use it as a stepping stone until you find a better job because once you're stuck there it sucks
Pros
great pay rates, coworkers became best friends, food discounts
Cons
don't really care how good a worker you are, bosses can be very cheap, sometimes unsanitary and unsafe, customers are horrible
Chicken Treat was a great place to work for young people. I learned a lot about the work force, and about hard work. working there taught me time management and organisation.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
not enough hours
there was never really a typical day at work everyday was different besides the obvious tasks to do.
I learned a lot more skills with working with different personalities.

had nice friendly management.

culture was good.

hardest part was having to explain there was no chicken considering its a chicken store due to not knowing the reaction of the customer.

most enjoyable part was interacting with customers and also building a friendship with co-workers which made everyday a good day.
Good food - great staff - great being a small business owner but still you have to answer to someone above no matter what. Menu needs more variety & to be more competitive in the Fast Food Industry to be successful. Need to regulate opening closing times.Sales Marketing People need to work in stores to have productive ideas & not throw all ideas together & make matters more stressful.
Pros
Tasty food - challenging - great staff
Cons
stressfull - non profitable - hard work
Customers are quite nice. Staff and management however are rather unkind. They don't often care about others feelings and will often gossip about all staff behind their backs. Was not a great environment to work in. There were some kind staff members though. You could definitely get along with them.
Pros
Cheaper food items
Cons
Staff and managers
For my very first job it was a great experience, unfortunately due to an incident our store was closed, when it was re-opened i was never offered my job back, instead they hired all new staff members.
Pros
free food
Cons
fire
it was a good place to work at while i was younger. It was a good and fun work environment and everyone was nice and friendly we all enjoyed working together but management got to me and I had to leave.
Preparing food such as rolls and burgers, cleaning utensils and trays, clean floors, dispose of rubbish, customer service and move stock. I would have finished the day’s work then started on the following day’s work to make the next day easier and faster.
Had an enjoyable and progressive time there was never a time where i thought there was nothing to do it was also an active environment i could come in and do orders and prepare stock while serving customers.

There was always something different to learn by doing something a more efficiently or faster methods.

The staff i worked with and supervised listened to instructions and followed them clearly without hiccups and new staff were easy to put into a working flow by starting them off at the bottom like washing dishes, and working their way up to the kitchen
Pros
free lunch flexi hours i was essentially the boss on at all time
Cons
sometimes stressful
Gotta day the food was great, the other staff weren’t too bad either.
Was a great experience that trained me to be quick and attentive when serving customers and keeping everyone happy. The uniform was cute and stylish and the store didn’t look too bad either. Props to the manager at the time for being cruisy.
Pros
Staff discount & free meals (occasionally)
Cons
Rush hour, pushy boss, was always stuck at the counter.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chicken Treat. Our community is ready to answer.