Children's Cancer Institute
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Children's Cancer Institute Employee Reviews

Australia4 reviews
I really enjoyed working for The Children's Cancer Institute. It allowed me to work on different areas of marketing such as Events, PR and media training
I work in the operational part of the Institute. This is (without doubt) the best workplace I've ever worked in. Everyone here really believes that CCI will one day cure children's cancer. It's a Non-For-Profit organisation, you don't seek employment here expecting a high salary, people come here because they want to know that their everyday efforts are going towards making a significant impact on the lives of these kids suffering, and their families. There are amazing labs, fun social events organised by a committee, workshops held by a Learning and Development Specialist to enhance your soft skills and a supportive HR team. The Insitute is growing fast, and it's an exciting time to be a part of that trajectory.

No work environment is perfect, but at least in this place, they are constantly looking to see how they can improve.
Pros
World renowned cancer research, social events, friendly and warm, flexible working options, funnest christmas party ever!
Cons
Salary not as competitive as corporate entities, but there is salary packaging offered to reduce your tax and increase your take home pay
Learned a lot related to Accounting professional skills, eg budgeting, etc
Learned to cooperate with other teams;

Job Work/Life balanced;

Supportive & Friendly workplace culture;
Pros
Having team lunch
Cons
n/a
A typical day consist of approximately 4hrs in lab and 4hrs in front of computer/meetings. I'm not learning anything that I don't' already know. Lovely people but out of touch with what's happening in the team. Co-workers are the best part about this job. The hardest part is the low pay. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people at work.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
very low pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Children's Cancer Institute. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3