Chisholm Institute
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Chisholm Institute Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
quite a large organization, great environment, staff are committed to their jobs, two days are never the same, close to home if you live in South East Victoria.
Cons
parking
Really depends on the department you work for. Some departments are quite laid back and still have manual paperwork which can be quite time consuming.
Pros
team work, opportunity to learn, great working environment
Cons
Manual paperwork for enrolment takes time, facilities for female staff need to be looked at
Enjoyed delivering training to Health & Safety Reps those doing confined space training. Delivered classes in a wide area from Melbourne to West Gippsland
Gather the training materials, set up class room, deliver the training, check the assessments
Pros
Cons
Tired at the end of the day
things could have certainly gone better during my time as a student at Chisholm, and what i mean by that is that finding placement for us was so unorganized, although promised, and during my placement i did not experience a professional work team among the Techs.
Was very happy here.

Would like to

come back....But was left alone to do my job with great mentors and support..................................................
Pros
always open for improvement
Cons
too long to implement change
I have never been involved in such a schambled workplace.
Uncompliant resources. Management and leaders not up to scratch with Government standards and training packages. Teachers are not supported, dealing with Management issues with students.

Unrealistic workloads and time frames. What is on your job description is not what you do!

Management in the Beauty Department have favourites and don't treat all staff fair and equal.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
Such a problematic place to work - at least when I was there! Lots of politics and unhealthy behaviours in the workplace which meant the morale was incredibly low. No opportunity for growth, no incentive to work hard or be the best you can be, no investment from the organisation into their staff members. Unfortunately, my time there was a massive waste and I wish I'd left sooner. So sad because so many of my colleagues were AMAZING people with so much to offer but they were getting treated as "disposable" by a company they'd been loyal to for years and years. :(
Pros
I had great colleagues
Cons
Thankless, stressful, disorganised
dealing with the many issues that effect students in study and general life . employment, family, health, time restraints and much more.
Well equipped classrooms.
Great learning environment for students.

Teaching was very rewarding.

I learnt how to self-manage and be creative in my teaching delivery.

Upper level management driven by accountants and government auditing requirements.

Middle level management driven by compliance and reporting issues.

Lower level management driven by attempting to maintaining team harmony, between teachers and upper and middle level management.

My co-workers were always very friendly and in the main, nice people, but in recent times, more and more co-workers were part time contract type workers or sessional workers who had no ownership or desire to maintain the quality of the program delivery material.

Hardest part of my recent job requirements, was ensuring compliance and accurate reporting, to satisfy government ASQA expectations or Skills-Victoria auditing requirements.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to see student develop and excel in their learning.
Pros
Very rewarding and intersting job, with the possibility of overseas work.
Cons
Being away from the industry workplace, you become detached and lose touch with industry practices.
I am was an interpretation Vietnamese - English and vice versa. I helped teachers to prepare the learning materials, translated some textbooks from English into Vietnamese, as well as helped students doing their laboratory works. By doing this job, I could gain my knowledge from enthusiastic teachers who are willing to explain new difficult concepts not only for students but also for me.
love to be part of this environment. worked as a volunteer and learned many things. The manager is really kind and professional.