CHRIS O'BRIEN LIFEHOUSE
View all CHRIS O'BRIEN LIFEHOUSE reviews

CHRIS O'BRIEN LIFEHOUSE

CHRIS O'BRIEN LIFEHOUSE Employee Review

Specialist Cancer Care Centre

My typical day at work was juggling multiple tasks and being the first point of contact for patients with a positive diagnosis of breast cancer. I loved working with my co-workers who were all health professionals with extreme dedication to their roles and their patients. I'm not sure if there was a particularly hard part to my job, I enjoy hard work and being busy everyday. By far the most enjoyable component of my role was being there to provide empathy, care, warmth and understanding to my patients who have a positive diagnosis of breast cancer. I believe no matter how educated or experienced one is you can learn something new everyday and I love to learn. Knowing that you can make a difference to someone just by treating them how you like to be treated far outweighs any negatives.

Pros

Tax benefits working for a NFP

Same location

Lovely people but conflicting processes

Management had conflicting views of what's required for role and resources. Within 2 months of starting the Finance director imposed an additional portfolio on my role without consulting on the time resources required to ensure this was appropriate or doable. Administrative conflicts were pervasive across the campus although patient care and research was observed to be very highly regarded and their clinical management staff - both nursing and medical - were outstanding in their respective fields.

Pros

Massage and acupuncture available to staff

Cons

Under-resourcing of hours and undisclosed role expectations before hiring.

Very toxic culture, nasty people, avoid

Very toxic culture, nasty people. The people I met there opened my eye and made me realise how unpleasant, unhelpful, disrespectful and evil people can actually be at work. Mismanaged place very disgusting experience.

Pros

Cons

Very toxic culture, nasty people, avoid

Collaborative work culture

- A highly collaborative atmosphere with great customer service. - Worked with a highly professional healthcare team - Coordinating Clinical rials - The hardest part of the job was to coordinate between different parties - The most enjoyable part was very supportive team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHRIS O'BRIEN LIFEHOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare CHRIS O'BRIEN LIFEHOUSE with