CHRIS O'BRIEN LIFEHOUSE
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CHRIS O'BRIEN LIFEHOUSE: 8 Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Collaborative work culture

- A highly collaborative atmosphere with great customer service. - Worked with a highly professional healthcare team - Coordinating Clinical rials - The hardest part of the job was to coordinate between different parties - The most enjoyable part was very supportive team

Lovely people but conflicting processes

Management had conflicting views of what's required for role and resources. Within 2 months of starting the Finance director imposed an additional portfolio on my role without consulting on the time resources required to ensure this was appropriate or doable. Administrative conflicts were pervasive across the campus although patient care and research was observed to be very highly regarded and their clinical management staff - both nursing and medical - were outstanding in their respective fields.

Pros

Massage and acupuncture available to staff

Cons

Under-resourcing of hours and undisclosed role expectations before hiring.

Very toxic culture, nasty people, avoid

Very toxic culture, nasty people. The people I met there opened my eye and made me realise how unpleasant, unhelpful, disrespectful and evil people can actually be at work. Mismanaged place very disgusting experience.

Pros

Cons

Very toxic culture, nasty people, avoid

Incredibly dedicated and talented doctors

Everyone I worked with was extremely dedicated to their job and cared for all their patients. Very high expectations needed to be met on a daily basis and everyone I worked with exceeded those expectations.

excellent staff and management

good opportunity to study and explore new things. good team work learning atmosphere patient centred care advanced techenology proactive staff Welcoming staff

This place is a breath of fresh air in health care!

Great place to work, staff very supportive of one another and new comers. Lovely work environment where they really care about people!

I love helping people

Front desk reception, I was the first person people saw as they entered the hospital, so i would always tired and make it as happy and positive as I could, I would keep an eye in case someone needed a wheel chair or just a little bit of extra help or care.

Pros

Good Salary package

Cons

It was a place that sick people came too.. Really sick people with Cancer

Specialist Cancer Care Centre

My typical day at work was juggling multiple tasks and being the first point of contact for patients with a positive diagnosis of breast cancer. I loved working with my co-workers who were all health professionals with extreme dedication to their roles and their patients. I'm not sure if there was a particularly hard part to my job, I enjoy hard work and being busy everyday. By far the most enjoyable component of my role was being there to provide empathy, care, warmth and understanding to my patients who have a positive diagnosis of breast cancer. I believe no matter how educated or experienced one is you can learn something new everyday and I love to learn. Knowing that you can make a difference to someone just by treating them how you like to be treated far outweighs any negatives.

Pros

Tax benefits working for a NFP

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHRIS O'BRIEN LIFEHOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

CHRIS O'BRIEN LIFEHOUSE Reviews by Location