Christadelphian Aged Care Employee Reviews

very high expectations, high work load
Customer Care, and Pastoral Carer (Current Employee) –  Padstow NSW24 August 2018
High expectations, no recognition. The more you give, the more they take. Poor communication frommanagement is very noticeable. Work place culture locally good, but company-wide, poor.
Hardest part of the job is being expected to deliver so much, in so little time for so little reward and recognition.
Love wokring with the elderly - it's very rewarding.
Pros
helping the elderly
Cons
no recognition
Good place to work clean and the staff are nice
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Chamberlain Garden wyoming6 January 2018
I have enjoyed working with christadelphian company / Chamberlain Garden. I worked well with most staff.
I enjoyed looking after the elderly, making them laugh with my silly jokes as well as singing and dances , I have shed so many tears when losing those who i have cared,
I loved them as they are my family. I would go home very happy knowing i have made them laugh for a day.
However sometimes i found the job can be hard with so much lifting n become quiet heavy as I wasn't able to choose which section i wanted to work wether it's low care or high care or dementia. Therefore I needed change as i would like to try home care.
Pros
Management is always open to opinions
Cons
Not much
Rewarding work environment
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albion Park NSW12 September 2017
During work as an activity assistant I was able to connect with residents and enjoy a relaxed and positive approach to work. Work is highly rewarding though providing care to residents.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Occasionally unorganised work environment
It is fun to work they have got activities painting ,reading,books etc
Assistant in Nursing (AIN) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 December 2016
It is very exciting to work in morning shift with very great co-workers. I have learnt about the teamwork is very important with good management. Hardest part of job is to satisfy your boss.
Pros
tea, coffee, biscuits
Cons
long working hours
Productive, fun workplace, great people
Assist Head Chef in Mise en Place (Former Employee) –  28 Alma Road, Padstow NSW17 June 2014
A typical day at work would consist of preparing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for residents. Doing some paper works like requisition forms, catering temperature monitoring sheet, other checklists.

I've learned a lot about food safety and sanitation. I learned how to care of the aged and bring smiles to their faces in the simplest way like giving them good food and greeting them. I learned that it's better to not just do my job but do it with passion and the heart to serve.

The Management is very good. They are always after the employees welfare and always conduct seminars and trainings related to our job. They are supportive.

My co-workers are very helpful and very nice people.

The hardest part of the job is ensuring that each resident receives the right food for their diets.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when they appreciate your cooking and I see happy faces.
Pros
Trainings, Seminars, for free
Cons
No job security (Casual)