Churches of Christ in Queensland Employee Reviews

Culture - Bullying is endemic in this organisation
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Kenmore QLD11 June 2018
I agree with other Reviewers about bullying - Management and the Human Resource department do not assist staff who are bullied.
Stay away from this organisation and find yourself another job!!
Pros
Nil
Cons
Bullying culture :(
14 October 2018

We have a zero tolerance for bullying and have strong processes and procedures that have to be followed by Human Resources. The culture at Kenmore head office is overall a very positive one.

non supportive and punative
Residential Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD19 May 2018
This company treats its casual staff badly and makes up stories to upper management to make themselves look better. This company does NOT reflect its values
Pros
nil
Cons
no support, put staff and staff belonglings at risk
14 October 2018

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with CofCQ. We are a very large organisation of 3800 employees and the majority of those staff have a positive experience. I am happy to discuss your personal experience direct.
Lorrae Carr - Recruitment and Retention Manager.

job satisfaction
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD4 May 2018
I enjoyed everyday of my work really satisfied from my job.I learnt so many things while working with churches of Christ .I learnt how to deal with old frail person,helping each other ,about cultural diversity and team work.
Work team is great
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Boonah QLD17 June 2017
More staff would be good as time factor is hard ..
we like to spend more time with the resident but just can't with time frame we have

Always willing to help improve education for you
More rules An boundaries would be nice
The best job I've had in Queensland
IFS (Former Employee) –  Jamboree Heights QLD17 April 2017
Loved it! Great team and management. Always felt part of something greater. The best part was the organisation was focused on your personal self care and went out of their way to make sure workers left with a good amount of energy to spend with their families.
Pros
Staff and management
Cons
I left too early
28 March 2019

Hopefully we will see you return to the CofCQ family one day.

Toxic workplace
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenmore QLD31 January 2017
When I worked there, I was bullied by other staff about my weight, and management gave me a hard time because I was expected to know everything with just 1 day of training? There was too much pressure and stress. They go through alot of staff at churches of christ care.
Pros
Cons
Bullying
16 March 2017

It is very disappointing to hear that you had that experience.We have a zero tolerance for bullying and will act swiftly when concerns are raised with the Human Resources team.

Excellent Culture & Enjoyable Place to Work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Kenmore Head Office10 January 2017
Organisational culture, although intangible, really does have a meaningful effect on employees. I have been with Churches of Christ in Queensland now for almost 2 years and have enjoyed my time here immensely. From career development opportunities to flexible work arrangements, this place really has been an enjoyable place to work. Everyone is really friendly and approachable. People are also recognised for their individual and team contributions and rewarded.

I also enjoy working for a large, world-class community services organisation located in the suburbs, close to home and away from the busy CBD.
Pros
Generous five weeks annual leave with the ability to purchase more, salary packaging benefits that greatly increase take-home pay.
16 March 2017

We pride ourselves on offering family friendly and flexible workplaces. Whether its a flexible shift for care staff with family responsibilities or corporate staff who can choose their start and finish times. Who doesn't love our five weeks annual leave!!

Very good
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryborough QLD3 January 2017
Very good to work for , nice people and lots of support , a great caring organisation, flexable work hours and family friendly employer great work life balance