Churches of Christ in Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Churches of Christ in Queensland Employee Reviews

I enjoy working with this organisation as a foster carer. The staff are good and always do their best to listen to. They also provide some training and very flexible.
Pros
Good team work
14 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very pleased to hear of your positive experience, and we’re proud to be working towards becoming an employer of choice.
Would not recommend any AIN’s to work at Benowa site. Carers are bullies and management well aware but does nothing. Long term carers are the worst!!
Pros
Residents
18 February 2021
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear this about your experience with us. We aim to make every employee feel welcome and valued, I’m sorry to hear that was not your experience. We value all of our current and former employee’s feedback so we are always keen to learn more about what specifically it was that was not positive during your time with us and how we can improve to work towards becoming an employer of choice. If you’d be willing to discuss this further, please contact the Employee and Customer Experience Team at feedback@cofcqld.com.au in confidence.
The hardest part of the job was having no breaks from the place of employment due to ratio requirements. In other words captive on site with no relief staff. Quickly learned that staff are treated badly, that regulatory entitlements were ignored and unionisation was frowned upon. Management couldn't be trusted. Standing up for entitlements resulted in a campaign of bullying. Staff expected to use own resources, time and pay to cover shortfalls. Not a Christian culture at all. Lip service to philosophy and values. Very hierarchical. Don't just walk away - run and run fast.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Expected to give up work/life balance, cheated over entitlements including correct pay grade.
18 February 2021
Hi there, we would like to extend our most sincere apologies regarding the recent issues with your experience with us as that is not what we strive for here at CofCQ. We are dedicated to maintaining a high quality of care for our staff and customers, and are continually working towards becoming an employer of choice. If you’d be willing to discuss your experiences further, please contact the Employee and Customer Experience Team at feedback@cofcqld.com.au in confidence.
Very stressful. They go through a lot of staff. Training is minimal, but they expect you to know everything. No support when needed. The clients are the only positive experience. Bullying.
18 February 2021
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with us. We would like to learn more about your specific experience and find ways to address these concerns and improve our services, as we are continually working towards becoming an employer of choice. If you’d be willing to discuss this further, please contact the Employee and Customer Experience Team at feedback@cofcqld.com.au in confidence.
One of the largest and most successful NFPs in Australia, they genuinely believe and aim to deliver on their mission of Bringing the light of Christ into communities. A very rewarding place to work.
9 January 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The rewards at CofCQ are definitely more than just material.
You are up against the old boys club. There’s a mentality amongst most of the male colleagues, specifically older generations, don’t feel the need to treat woman with common respect or even acknowledge
9 January 2020
It is disappointing to hear that this was your experience. This is not reflective of our values and or our postures, where everyone should feel welcome.
There is no work life balance as they will call you at midnight asking you to come to work the next day, or call you 1 hour before a shift and ask you to come it. If you can't make it due to personal reasons, they will assume that you can't make most shifts and start to give you the minimal amount of shifts. I once almost got choked by a resident and they didn't do anything about it other than have me write an incident report. Definitely not going to go back there to work.
29 September 2019
I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Our HR support line and team work as employee advocates when issues cannot be resolved at service level. With regards to the shift requests, unfortunately, this happens when your team members call in sick for shifts with little notice. We need to maintain minimum numbers of staff on the floor for our residents well being.
I guess it varies with management, my manager is very supportive, approachable, open to diversity (as I am originally from CALD group) treat everyone with respect and dignity. Also values honesty. My experience has been great, I enjoy being part of the group of making a difference in others and I have been working there for close to ten yrs.
9 September 2019
Your experience is the one we want all of our employees to have, so thank you for sharing. Pauline jones is a well respected Manager and valued employee. And wow, congratulations on 10 years with CofCQ.Lorrae Carr - Recruitment and Retention Manager
Good managers pay on par with others. The work force are happy and look after the residents to a very high standard.Training is a priority, the managers door is always open for advice.
Pros
Salary sacrifice
Cons
Garden and grounds + maintenance
9 January 2020
Thank you for sharing your positive experience. Our new expanded services at Southport, will improve the lives of many vulnerable people.
Great colleagues but the double standards of management tarnished my experience there. Salary was very low but the management paid themselves well, had superior quality office furniture, Apple Macs (the rest of the office operated on Windows). Great new offices - modern with excellent break out spaces. Flexible work hours and they really did provide flexibility during those family emergencies.
Pros
New Offices
Cons
Low salary
23 June 2019
Our salaries are benchmarked against the market for all positions. Its true, we don't pay at the top of that market scale but benefit from the strong work culture and passionate people we work with. NFPs will never pay as well as the corporate sector. Lorrae Carr - Recruitment and Retention Manager
I agree with other Reviewers about bullying - Management and the Human Resource department do not assist staff who are bullied. Stay away from this organisation and find yourself another job!!
Pros
Nil
Cons
Bullying culture :(
14 October 2018
We have a zero tolerance for bullying and have strong processes and procedures that have to be followed by Human Resources. The culture at Kenmore head office is overall a very positive one.
This company treats its casual staff badly and makes up stories to upper management to make themselves look better. This company does NOT reflect its values
Pros
nil
Cons
no support, put staff and staff belonglings at risk
14 October 2018
I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with CofCQ. We are a very large organisation of 3800 employees and the majority of those staff have a positive experience. I am happy to discuss your personal experience direct.Lorrae Carr - Recruitment and Retention Manager.
I enjoyed everyday of my work really satisfied from my job.I learnt so many things while working with churches of Christ .I learnt how to deal with old frail person,helping each other ,about cultural diversity and team work.
More staff would be good as time factor is hard .. we like to spend more time with the resident but just can't with time frame we have Always willing to help improve education for you More rules An boundaries would be nice
Loved it! Great team and management. Always felt part of something greater. The best part was the organisation was focused on your personal self care and went out of their way to make sure workers left with a good amount of energy to spend with their families.
Pros
Staff and management
Cons
I left too early
28 March 2019
Hopefully we will see you return to the CofCQ family one day.
When I worked there, I was bullied by other staff about my weight, and management gave me a hard time because I was expected to know everything with just 1 day of training? There was too much pressure and stress. They go through alot of staff at churches of christ care.
Pros
Cons
Bullying
16 March 2017
It is very disappointing to hear that you had that experience.We have a zero tolerance for bullying and will act swiftly when concerns are raised with the Human Resources team.
Organisational culture, although intangible, really does have a meaningful effect on employees. I have been with Churches of Christ in Queensland now for almost 2 years and have enjoyed my time here immensely. From career development opportunities to flexible work arrangements, this place really has been an enjoyable place to work. Everyone is really friendly and approachable. People are also recognised for their individual and team contributions and rewarded. I also enjoy working for a large, world-class community services organisation located in the suburbs, close to home and away from the busy CBD.
Pros
Generous five weeks annual leave with the ability to purchase more, salary packaging benefits that greatly increase take-home pay.
16 March 2017
We pride ourselves on offering family friendly and flexible workplaces. Whether its a flexible shift for care staff with family responsibilities or corporate staff who can choose their start and finish times. Who doesn't love our five weeks annual leave!!
Very good to work for , nice people and lots of support , a great caring organisation, flexable work hours and family friendly employer great work life balance