Churches of Christ in Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Churches of Christ in Queensland Culture reviews

I enjoy working with this organisation as a foster carer. The staff are good and always do their best to listen to. They also provide some training and very flexible.
Pros
Good team work
14 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very pleased to hear of your positive experience, and we’re proud to be working towards becoming an employer of choice.
The hardest part of the job was having no breaks from the place of employment due to ratio requirements. In other words captive on site with no relief staff. Quickly learned that staff are treated badly, that regulatory entitlements were ignored and unionisation was frowned upon. Management couldn't be trusted. Standing up for entitlements resulted in a campaign of bullying. Staff expected to use own resources, time and pay to cover shortfalls. Not a Christian culture at all. Lip service to philosophy and values. Very hierarchical. Don't just walk away - run and run fast.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Expected to give up work/life balance, cheated over entitlements including correct pay grade.
18 February 2021
Hi there, we would like to extend our most sincere apologies regarding the recent issues with your experience with us as that is not what we strive for here at CofCQ. We are dedicated to maintaining a high quality of care for our staff and customers, and are continually working towards becoming an employer of choice. If you’d be willing to discuss your experiences further, please contact the Employee and Customer Experience Team at feedback@cofcqld.com.au in confidence.
I agree with other Reviewers about bullying - Management and the Human Resource department do not assist staff who are bullied. Stay away from this organisation and find yourself another job!!
Pros
Nil
Cons
Bullying culture :(
14 October 2018
We have a zero tolerance for bullying and have strong processes and procedures that have to be followed by Human Resources. The culture at Kenmore head office is overall a very positive one.
I enjoyed everyday of my work really satisfied from my job.I learnt so many things while working with churches of Christ .I learnt how to deal with old frail person,helping each other ,about cultural diversity and team work.
Loved it! Great team and management. Always felt part of something greater. The best part was the organisation was focused on your personal self care and went out of their way to make sure workers left with a good amount of energy to spend with their families.
Pros
Staff and management
Cons
I left too early
28 March 2019
Hopefully we will see you return to the CofCQ family one day.
Organisational culture, although intangible, really does have a meaningful effect on employees. I have been with Churches of Christ in Queensland now for almost 2 years and have enjoyed my time here immensely. From career development opportunities to flexible work arrangements, this place really has been an enjoyable place to work. Everyone is really friendly and approachable. People are also recognised for their individual and team contributions and rewarded. I also enjoy working for a large, world-class community services organisation located in the suburbs, close to home and away from the busy CBD.
Pros
Generous five weeks annual leave with the ability to purchase more, salary packaging benefits that greatly increase take-home pay.
16 March 2017
We pride ourselves on offering family friendly and flexible workplaces. Whether its a flexible shift for care staff with family responsibilities or corporate staff who can choose their start and finish times. Who doesn't love our five weeks annual leave!!
Very good to work for , nice people and lots of support , a great caring organisation, flexable work hours and family friendly employer great work life balance