Churches of Christ in Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Churches of Christ in Queensland Job Security & Advancement reviews

There is no work life balance as they will call you at midnight asking you to come to work the next day, or call you 1 hour before a shift and ask you to come it. If you can't make it due to personal reasons, they will assume that you can't make most shifts and start to give you the minimal amount of shifts. I once almost got choked by a resident and they didn't do anything about it other than have me write an incident report. Definitely not going to go back there to work.
Official response from Churches of Christ in Queensland
29 September 2019
I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Our HR support line and team work as employee advocates when issues cannot be resolved at service level. With regards to the shift requests, unfortunately, this happens when your team members call in sick for shifts with little notice. We need to maintain minimum numbers of staff on the floor for our residents well being.
Organisational culture, although intangible, really does have a meaningful effect on employees. I have been with Churches of Christ in Queensland now for almost 2 years and have enjoyed my time here immensely. From career development opportunities to flexible work arrangements, this place really has been an enjoyable place to work. Everyone is really friendly and approachable. People are also recognised for their individual and team contributions and rewarded. I also enjoy working for a large, world-class community services organisation located in the suburbs, close to home and away from the busy CBD.
Pros
Generous five weeks annual leave with the ability to purchase more, salary packaging benefits that greatly increase take-home pay.
Official response from Churches of Christ in Queensland
16 March 2017
We pride ourselves on offering family friendly and flexible workplaces. Whether its a flexible shift for care staff with family responsibilities or corporate staff who can choose their start and finish times. Who doesn't love our five weeks annual leave!!