Churches of Christ in Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Churches of Christ in Queensland Management reviews

You are up against the old boys club. There’s a mentality amongst most of the male colleagues, specifically older generations, don’t feel the need to treat woman with common respect or even acknowledge
9 January 2020
It is disappointing to hear that this was your experience. This is not reflective of our values and or our postures, where everyone should feel welcome.
Would not recommend any AIN’s to work at Benowa site. Carers are bullies and management well aware but does nothing. Long term carers are the worst!!
Pros
Residents
18 February 2021
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear this about your experience with us. We aim to make every employee feel welcome and valued, I’m sorry to hear that was not your experience. We value all of our current and former employee’s feedback so we are always keen to learn more about what specifically it was that was not positive during your time with us and how we can improve to work towards becoming an employer of choice. If you’d be willing to discuss this further, please contact the Employee and Customer Experience Team at feedback@cofcqld.com.au in confidence.
The hardest part of the job was having no breaks from the place of employment due to ratio requirements. In other words captive on site with no relief staff. Quickly learned that staff are treated badly, that regulatory entitlements were ignored and unionisation was frowned upon. Management couldn't be trusted. Standing up for entitlements resulted in a campaign of bullying. Staff expected to use own resources, time and pay to cover shortfalls. Not a Christian culture at all. Lip service to philosophy and values. Very hierarchical. Don't just walk away - run and run fast.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Expected to give up work/life balance, cheated over entitlements including correct pay grade.
18 February 2021
Hi there, we would like to extend our most sincere apologies regarding the recent issues with your experience with us as that is not what we strive for here at CofCQ. We are dedicated to maintaining a high quality of care for our staff and customers, and are continually working towards becoming an employer of choice. If you’d be willing to discuss your experiences further, please contact the Employee and Customer Experience Team at feedback@cofcqld.com.au in confidence.
I guess it varies with management, my manager is very supportive, approachable, open to diversity (as I am originally from CALD group) treat everyone with respect and dignity. Also values honesty. My experience has been great, I enjoy being part of the group of making a difference in others and I have been working there for close to ten yrs.
9 September 2019
Your experience is the one we want all of our employees to have, so thank you for sharing. Pauline jones is a well respected Manager and valued employee. And wow, congratulations on 10 years with CofCQ.Lorrae Carr - Recruitment and Retention Manager
Good managers pay on par with others. The work force are happy and look after the residents to a very high standard.Training is a priority, the managers door is always open for advice.
Pros
Salary sacrifice
Cons
Garden and grounds + maintenance
9 January 2020
Thank you for sharing your positive experience. Our new expanded services at Southport, will improve the lives of many vulnerable people.
Great colleagues but the double standards of management tarnished my experience there. Salary was very low but the management paid themselves well, had superior quality office furniture, Apple Macs (the rest of the office operated on Windows). Great new offices - modern with excellent break out spaces. Flexible work hours and they really did provide flexibility during those family emergencies.
Pros
New Offices
Cons
Low salary
23 June 2019
Our salaries are benchmarked against the market for all positions. Its true, we don't pay at the top of that market scale but benefit from the strong work culture and passionate people we work with. NFPs will never pay as well as the corporate sector. Lorrae Carr - Recruitment and Retention Manager
I agree with other Reviewers about bullying - Management and the Human Resource department do not assist staff who are bullied. Stay away from this organisation and find yourself another job!!
Pros
Nil
Cons
Bullying culture :(
14 October 2018
We have a zero tolerance for bullying and have strong processes and procedures that have to be followed by Human Resources. The culture at Kenmore head office is overall a very positive one.
This company treats its casual staff badly and makes up stories to upper management to make themselves look better. This company does NOT reflect its values
Pros
nil
Cons
no support, put staff and staff belonglings at risk
14 October 2018
I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with CofCQ. We are a very large organisation of 3800 employees and the majority of those staff have a positive experience. I am happy to discuss your personal experience direct.Lorrae Carr - Recruitment and Retention Manager.
Loved it! Great team and management. Always felt part of something greater. The best part was the organisation was focused on your personal self care and went out of their way to make sure workers left with a good amount of energy to spend with their families.
Pros
Staff and management
Cons
I left too early
28 March 2019
Hopefully we will see you return to the CofCQ family one day.
When I worked there, I was bullied by other staff about my weight, and management gave me a hard time because I was expected to know everything with just 1 day of training? There was too much pressure and stress. They go through alot of staff at churches of christ care.
Pros
Cons
Bullying
16 March 2017
It is very disappointing to hear that you had that experience.We have a zero tolerance for bullying and will act swiftly when concerns are raised with the Human Resources team.