Churches of Christ in Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Churches of Christ in Queensland Work–Life Balance reviews

The hardest part of the job was having no breaks from the place of employment due to ratio requirements. In other words captive on site with no relief staff. Quickly learned that staff are treated badly, that regulatory entitlements were ignored and unionisation was frowned upon. Management couldn't be trusted. Standing up for entitlements resulted in a campaign of bullying. Staff expected to use own resources, time and pay to cover shortfalls. Not a Christian culture at all. Lip service to philosophy and values. Very hierarchical. Don't just walk away - run and run fast.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Expected to give up work/life balance, cheated over entitlements including correct pay grade.
18 February 2021
Hi there, we would like to extend our most sincere apologies regarding the recent issues with your experience with us as that is not what we strive for here at CofCQ. We are dedicated to maintaining a high quality of care for our staff and customers, and are continually working towards becoming an employer of choice. If you’d be willing to discuss your experiences further, please contact the Employee and Customer Experience Team at feedback@cofcqld.com.au in confidence.
There is no work life balance as they will call you at midnight asking you to come to work the next day, or call you 1 hour before a shift and ask you to come it. If you can't make it due to personal reasons, they will assume that you can't make most shifts and start to give you the minimal amount of shifts. I once almost got choked by a resident and they didn't do anything about it other than have me write an incident report. Definitely not going to go back there to work.
29 September 2019
I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Our HR support line and team work as employee advocates when issues cannot be resolved at service level. With regards to the shift requests, unfortunately, this happens when your team members call in sick for shifts with little notice. We need to maintain minimum numbers of staff on the floor for our residents well being.
I guess it varies with management, my manager is very supportive, approachable, open to diversity (as I am originally from CALD group) treat everyone with respect and dignity. Also values honesty. My experience has been great, I enjoy being part of the group of making a difference in others and I have been working there for close to ten yrs.
9 September 2019
Your experience is the one we want all of our employees to have, so thank you for sharing. Pauline jones is a well respected Manager and valued employee. And wow, congratulations on 10 years with CofCQ.Lorrae Carr - Recruitment and Retention Manager
I enjoyed everyday of my work really satisfied from my job.I learnt so many things while working with churches of Christ .I learnt how to deal with old frail person,helping each other ,about cultural diversity and team work.
Very good to work for , nice people and lots of support , a great caring organisation, flexable work hours and family friendly employer great work life balance