Cintas
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cintas Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Showing all 5,382 reviews

No company is perfect

No company is perfect. I’ve worked government, small companies, medium sized companies, and now a large corporation. When I was hired I asked for clear goals, clear instruction on how to achieve said goals, and the space to work to achieve. I have been given all of that and then some. I left the restaurant industry to come to Cintas and by far it was a great decision. The hours are very stable, my management team is very respectful of the work/life balance. If you’ve ever worked restaurants or other commission based jobs, you know that is a hard find. Ultimately this is sales but a lot of the hard work with sales, such as finding the customers, grooming them, and then selling, is already done. You manage relationships. The better you are at building the relationships the better you will sell and be rewarded. There is opportunity for growth, I choose to stay where I am because I like the customers on my route and I have a great work/life balance. There are others around who do not perform properly and in line with policy, but because their sales $$$ are high a lot is overlooked. I don’t agree and have said as much. I’m not sure if any reprimand or discipline is done, but at the end of the day I am left alone to do my job which is what I want. On the First Aid and Safety Division I think we have it a lot better than uniforms/Facility Services.

Pros

Hours Work/Life Balance Decent/Fair Benefits Strong 401k/profit sharing

Cons

The occasional lapse of management support(always at the worst time), Others not doing the right thing and seemingly rewarded for it, Hiring/getting help a bit later than needed.

Okay company if you need a paycheck

the company is pretty good if you need a decent paycheck and you get benefits from day one. the workday starts at 5am so if you're not a morning person you're gonna struggle the first 2-3 months. the job can be stressful depending on your route, so you don't know what time you're gonna end the workday. requested days off gets approved by seniority, so it can be a hit or miss. the interview process is very long,4 interviews, so it takes a while to hire people if we're short staffed. if you need something to pay the bills its really not that bad of a job, it depends on you as a person. you work 5 days a week as a trainee for 2 months, and after that it's a 4 day workweek but it's really not that bad of a job. you get what you make out of it.

Pros

pretty decent starting pay, benefits, 4 day workweek, seniority

Cons

not a job for morning people, depending on the type of management they might help you out or not, can get overwhelming and you don't feel supported, seniority

Decent place to work around my area

Around my area there are not many options for jobs around here. I started off as a Loader/Unloader at Cintas and eventually got moved up to being a skipper then to having my own route. Management is willing to work with you if you ever come across any issues. If you want something you're going to have to go get it, things are not handed to you. Overall for a 4 day work week its a good job.

Pros

4 day workweek, weekends off, Holidays off

Cons

Work can be a lot to the body

The people are great!

Had a good run, my boss was cool. The pay sucked and I would say there's a little form of favoritism but if you work at the right location I guess it's not that bad

Great compensation potential as long as you’re willing to ALWAYS grind.

Great company, good commission structure for the most part. The potential is high for a six figure income but the level of work and constant grinding for it is also high. Excellent benefits/healthcare, okay base salary.

Pros

Company gas card, car package, excellent healthcare, 401k/stock/profit sharing options, Flexible work schedule, freedom to run your territory how you’d like as long as you’re having success

Cons

Constant travel, can be a struggle to find now customers and sales to make, competition is thick and makes the sales market a bit congested to sell in, Company expectations are very high

Great work Place

Cintas was a good, nothing too out of the ordinary. its an easy job once you get it down. As a SSR you get paid a base salary plus commission. That's where issue is. It is pretty under paid based on the hours worked/work load. You receive monthly and quarterly bonuses.

Pros

benefits, 4day work week relaxed work environment, management

Cons

pay

Cult like experience similar to an MLM

It's all the about culture (culture)Lots of toxic positivity. We are the best company we treat everyone the best etc.Don't question any methods or anything you are just wrong.Similarly to MLM or prosperity gospel of televangelist they use religion and the message if something is not working it must be you cause it can't be Cintas they are so successful just look. Similar to MLM you need to move up the hierarchy to make decent money.The system is rigged against you as well.I would tell anyone to stay far away

Pros

Free Benefits

Cons

Long hours you are expected to give your free time to make Cintas a success, Eg. Inspect vehicle on own time. Plan sales calls to customers, Follow up emails after hours and so on, Micromanagement

Good company to work for, depending on the current managers put in place.

Great company, however during my over 10 years of working there, my experience changed based on the new managers put in place. Great experience the first 9 years. The last year was ran by dishonest, non ethical managers. Sad… but true.

Pros

Great stock options, 401K and Health Insurance!

Cons

Long hours, high pressure position. No employee HR representation.

Long Hours and Long Days

The days start early in order to finish early. Most of the time you have to load what is missing for your customers which the loaders did not load. The hardest part of the day is trying to meet the unrealistic numbers they set for you. Seniority is a joke and route assignments are giving out without any bidding. The morale is not high as it is a just a numbers game.

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits are not bad, 4 day work / 3 days off week is good, Always off on the weekends.

Cons

Long days, Depends on your route your work life balance is not equal, Lots of selling goals to meet but the route keeps getting bigger and bigger, The goals for other numbers are ridiculous and makes you rip off the customer.

Safety was first. However, it was a Hostile working environment.

Workers take care of themselves. Cintas finds any way they can to micromanage you. They expect loyalty and to follow without question without gaining the respect of employees, longer employees just tolerate managers and look out for themselves.

Pros

equipment provided

Cons

bad pay, no job security, doesn't have compassionate leadership.

Good pay and benefits.

Overall good company. Work life balance depends on you. Many initiatives at once. Lots of expectations to upsell on current route. Great benefits overall.

Poor work life balance

The company as whole sells a great story of culture and family when working for Cintas. However corporate is like whole other entity and can’t even see what happens at individual locations. The HR manager can be rude and very cold. The GM never leaves his office. The managers are never working.

Pros

Free events. Buy lunch and stuff through out the year to keep the morale high.

Cons

To much work not enough people.

Very Stressful work environment

This is not a company to grow with unless you really enjoy scamming your customers to get a slightly bigger pay. Highly recommend staying for 1-2years and find better opportunities else where.

Pros

Early Start, early leave

Cons

Long days with no OT pay

Work alone, 5:30am start times but most times it's earlier

Cintas is ok place just to work 1 or 2 years then leave, the pay is a little above average but u will have to deal with alot of customer complaints constantly, very stressful and at times not even worth the Money, would stay only for driver experience and look elsewhere for better pay and better future opportunities, you're paycheck relys on customers and can go up or low most time it's low.

Pros

Work alone, short hours if salary, 3days off, ok health insurance

Cons

Routes changes often, management can be unpredictable in changes, lack of employees, morale is low, all responsibility is on you and u are expected to wait around for customers

Great company overall

It’s sales so there are highs and lows with the job. Overall a great company but financially depends on the economy and how much other companies are willing to spend.

A lot of freedom but overworked and underpaid

20 to 30 stops a day with deliveries/exchanges ranging from mop head to mats and toilet paper to uniforms (depending on the type of route) to various types of businesses. There will constantly be product shortages which will result in upset/annoyed customers and $ deducted from the route's volume which ultimately affects your pay one way or another. Even when they do have the product needed, often times it does not get loaded on to your box truck by the loading team which means you have to load it yourself. Numerous trucks in the fleet are out of service resulting in the use of rental box trucks which are not suitable for this type of work. Start time is typically 5am and depending on the route, you can be back between 11am and 6pm but you'll likely be out longer than you'd expect. Management does what the can which isn't much. The morale is low. You can feel it. None of the drivers major issues really get fixed which might explain why the turnover rate is so high.

Pros

work independently, weekly pay, 4 day work week, minimal supervision

Cons

overworked, underpaid, constantly doing the work of other positions

They are not very organized

They need better management. More organization. It's not good. Cleanliness is also an issue with trucks and warehouse. Aramark is also in Onalaska and is a better place to work, by what my friends that work there have told me. Resigning soon.

Pros

4 Day work week

Cons

Exhausted daily

Fun job, brief morning exercise, the supervision she loves to bake, bring in delicious snacks she baked, everyone is super nice.

I think anyone who works for Cintas will be happy. Clean work environment. Parking is available. Morning exercise. The job is very easy. I like working there.

Pros

Really nice place to work. WONDERFUL!!!

Cons

Everything was good working at Cintas. No Cons reported.

Not too sure about the place

People are friendly for the most part. It's an easy job but management could improve greatly. We got behind on trucks yesterday because management took all the experience people out back to mess around all night then got mad because the 3 brand new guys (including me) fell behind. Then fired one of them the next day for no reason. It's just a matter of time before it happens to me. Also it isn't a job to excel and rank up. It's the kind of job you get to keep cash in your pocket while you look for a carrer

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Forced to work and very cheap on paying

I just left the company i quite. The quitting rate is very high, after almost 2 years with the company i found out why we had a lot of open positions and why ppl doesn't stick ,CINTAS doesn't give you a reason to stay, senior managment focused on thier bonuses almost all project are done half job, a lot of complains .And i didn't get paid my bank PTO after i left, im glad i left this toxic environment, do not work at cintas you can do better !!

Pros

Na

Cons

Dirty no safety is respected, forced for OT to cover the gaps of missing position, partners work two tasks or more with no stops

people were good company was unorganized and tries their best to avoid giving you benefits or sick days or anything to do with HR. lied when i got hired and said i would get benefits and then after 3 months they said i don’t qualify and they made a mistake by saying i would get them and if i still wanted them i would have to wait another 3 months and also said i don’t get sick days after already giving me a sick day a month prior

Pros

cool co workers

Cons

they don’t care about you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9