Cintas
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cintas Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Showing all 5,520 reviews

No company is perfect

No company is perfect. I’ve worked government, small companies, medium sized companies, and now a large corporation. When I was hired I asked for clear goals, clear instruction on how to achieve said goals, and the space to work to achieve. I have been given all of that and then some. I left the restaurant industry to come to Cintas and by far it was a great decision. The hours are very stable, my management team is very respectful of the work/life balance. If you’ve ever worked restaurants or other commission based jobs, you know that is a hard find. Ultimately this is sales but a lot of the hard work with sales, such as finding the customers, grooming them, and then selling, is already done. You manage relationships. The better you are at building the relationships the better you will sell and be rewarded. There is opportunity for growth, I choose to stay where I am because I like the customers on my route and I have a great work/life balance. There are others around who do not perform properly and in line with policy, but because their sales $$$ are high a lot is overlooked. I don’t agree and have said as much. I’m not sure if any reprimand or discipline is done, but at the end of the day I am left alone to do my job which is what I want. On the First Aid and Safety Division I think we have it a lot better than uniforms/Facility Services.

Pros

Hours Work/Life Balance Decent/Fair Benefits Strong 401k/profit sharing

Cons

The occasional lapse of management support(always at the worst time), Others not doing the right thing and seemingly rewarded for it, Hiring/getting help a bit later than needed.

Good job, but s.tay only for short term

I was an SSR (Sales Service Rep) route driver which means you are expected to convince your customers to add on products and grow the route. You are paid on commission, which encourages you to do so. The hardest thing for me was that the constant price increases make its difficult to have add-ons and even renew their contract. I had customers who would go nuts on me after a price increase. Cintas raises prices not because costs went up, but for pure profit. Managers lied to us, and bust your chops if your numbers are down. It's a good job, but no-one stays very long. Think of it as boot camp. Learn customer service, and move on.

A Terrible place to work

Nepotism, favoritism and a vindictive employee who has to be in charge. Cintas is a miserable place to work. They don’t care about your home life or problems outside of work. All the care about is the bottom line, even to the extent of their employees.

Drama

Management is a joke . I ran the whole floor at times . Manager is to young at 438 and not enough experience with guidance to fellow workers. Brings his kids to work but fellow employees are not allowed .

Flexible schedule/ poor everything else

At Cintas you are blessed with a 4 day work week as a Service/ Sales Rep but that is the only benefit. The pay structure is incredibly low and amount of physical labor is astronomical. You are expected to renew contracts with customers similar to that of a cable company as they are locked in for 5 years with astronomical price increases each year. Management is always on your back pushing for KPI’s that are ridiculous and the overall feel is your typical clique-like corporate BS. Lots of opportunities for promotion but why bother when the industry itself is just plain dirty.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Management, culture, pay, physical labor, workload, KPI’s

Mostly unfavorable

The shareholders are the companies main concern. When the employees and customers are not the priority, it creates a very toxic culture. No one stays past 1 - 2 years.

Job security

Was there for 16 years. It paid the bills and I had job security. Hard on the body long term. Depending on which route you get the money is above average

Pros

Job security

Cons

Hard on the body long term

Good Starting Point

Many of the products are a tough sell. Training is pretty good. Base pay is on the low end. Commissions are mediocre. Bonuses if eligible are where you make your money. If you hit your bonuses each quarter you will make six figures on the year. You only receive bonus if you hit your quota. It can be tough, but rewarding if you are willing to hustle

Cult

Not a bad place to work if you’re driven by money and don’t care about anything else. If you’re a creative type, you won’t fit in. The culture is almost cult-like.

Easy Job

The job itself is so easy . I love how we get paid every week & we have our weekends off which is great ! The pay & benefits are also a plus ! Breaks could be a little longer

Pros

Weekly Pay, Off on weekends

Cons

Short breaks

Best Company

I love working at Cintas! I’ve met some of my best friends here. The culture and upward mobility is unmatched! There are so many avenues you can go in your career. You are never bored working at Cintas and they promote from within.

Pros

Culture and Upward Mobility

Cons

Fine company, position not for me

Worked in multiple positions in Cintas. They do promote from within, but if you're not interested in business management or sales there's not a lot of other options.

Amazing Team

Great place to work. Some of the managers in other areas of the business are catty. Wish the pay was higher but benefits were amazing! Technicians don't like change and want to control everything.

At the end it was awful

They will hire anyone. It was a good place in the beginning and then they started hiring people who was not there to work but to keep up a lot of drama. ...and management allowed it.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

If you like drama cintas is a great place to work.

Decent job

Good pay if you're willing to hustle. Culture is lacking even though they put so much emphasis on it. Definitely a corporate type of gig. Ever changing territories can be frustrating.

Pros

Amazing peers. Quarterly events for high performers. Great insurance. 401K matching.

Cons

Only a $50/month reimbursement for cell phones. Some managers can unnecessarily micromanage.

Fun place to work nice people

Good people commission payments on some promotion stuff needs sorted . Had fun while it lasted . Overall nice place . Promotion changes kinda sucked.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Little out of order, .. push for more and more on you

Hard work but the coworkers were the only good part

The job Is quite dirty when unloading trucks. The Trey towels and white micros smells like rotting trash, and the some of the sales staff don’t wanna even talk or even say hello to the warehouse people. You get those route truck drivers that don’t care about us nor this job. The don’t cut their sheets for us to load. The only positives I saw when I was working, was the 3 day weekends (4 day work week) and of course the weekly pay checks. And the shift times (1pm-11:30pm) for me work out great .Overall, this place is only good to build your resume and maybe learn to drive a truck.

Good place to work!

Great place with great people to work with! Offers good benefits and good work/life balance. People were great to work with and felt supported by leadership.

Pros

Good culture

Cons

Heavy lifting at times.

Good company, bad management

Company is good and pay is decent. Once you go over a certain dollar amount on your route volume, your commissions go down. So work/pay doesn’t even out. The location I worked at some of the management team was cool, but the gm running the location sets you up to fail. They push sales, but never have enough product to fulfill orders. They don’t want to go over the budget because it affects their bonus. What they don’t understand is not having product and stopping product affects the SSR’s bonus. It’s a bad look when trying to grow your route and build a relationship with the customers.

Money hungry company.

They terminated long term employees out of fear of losing money in the beginning of the pandemic. They’re all about making money and don’t care about their employees.

The job it self was ok

The problem I personally had with Cintas in Tampa fl at one location… off harney if your familiar with Tampa was that I was paid unfairly if thats what you want to call it. The company “offered” paid lunches for 30mins but with stipulations apparently if I worked 40hrs in a week the lunches were paid but if I received over time I would not receive the paid lunches they would deduct them from my over all hrs worked in a week also no matter how many over time hours you work you will only be paid for an hour. How this is possible is beyond me. So you could work hard at Cintas and get stolen from all at the same time

Pros

They won’t pay you for hours you’ve worked

Cons

You will work for free

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Cintas